[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

He did want that, but it's been so long since I've touched the books that I can't remember why he didn't go through with it.
Because he had no doubt that Tyrion was a Lannister...

Tywin doesn't hate anyone now.
It's a place with elemental zombies, trees and animals that act like wi-fi cameras, face snatchers and flaming arms... i for one would not be so sure death would end someone hatred.

Because everyone would see it as kinslaying. Just like today, without proof, the child born of a married woman is assumed to be the child of her husband by law.
They're a pseudo-medieval culture, and crib deaths are a thing today, for perfectly healthy children. Tyrion living as long as he does is actually the less likely possibility, given the circumstances.

There's no way he couldn't have arranged for a unquestioned death for a toddler most didn't even expect to live long. To quote Cercei: "‘It doesn't matter', she told us. ‘Everyone says he's like to die soon. He shouldn't even have lived this long.' "

I THOUGHT

YOU MIGHT

STILL

BE

ROWING

fuckin' Davos better sit on the iron throne after everything is done.

Alternative title for tonight's episode : Hey, I know you.

Still though nice to have Westeros Avengers assembled and ready for action. If only they could have shoe horned in Bronn for the suicide mission this would be the best.

Last edited:
I wonder how they are going to get a wight past the wall? Doesn't the wall have magic like the cave of the 3 eyed raven?
My prediction is that someone will get injured and get carried back to the wall and die and come back to life, like what happened at the beginning of the show.

Or, they find youknowwho

Do they need to be raised specifically by a walker? Seems like people popping up from the dead was a common problem with the wildlings to the point they burned all corpses. I kind of assumed you could take someone north of the wall, kill them and wait for the magic to happen.

Do they need to be raised specifically by a walker? Seems like people popping up from the dead was a common problem with the wildlings to the point they burned all corpses. I kind of assumed you could take someone north of the wall, kill them and wait for the magic to happen.
But it needs to be in the North, that's the main sticking point.

But it needs to be in the North, that's the main sticking point.
Pretty sure the implication is that the Wall is also stopping the WW's resurrection magic too, not just them. Doesn't dispel it though, as we've seen with the wights from s1 that went after Mormont.

As the oldest son of the heir apparent to survive, Jon Snow is DAKINGINDANORF-SOUF-EASTANDWEST

Aunts don't inherit.
Even if she wasn't an aunt, if they keep to the books, the rules after the Dance say he'd inherit before any women, no matter where they where on the bloodline.

GasBandit

Staff member
They're dead. Why not just walk around it? It's not like they need to breathe or anything.
Well, I haven't seen anything in the show or books about it, but there are tropes in other media common to undead having difficulties with crossing moving water for supernatural reasons. Though, that's more along the lines of bridges. But I think the whole point of them going to eastwatch IS going to end up being that this way they can just walk around via the Bay of Seals.

Also, the Wall doesn't actually cover all the land, the west end is actually separated by the Milkwater, if you look at the maps.

So it seems water is an issue for WWs.

Well, I haven't seen anything in the show or books about it, but there are tropes in other media common to undead having difficulties with crossing moving water for supernatural reasons. Though, that's more along the lines of bridges. But I think the whole point of them going to eastwatch IS going to end up being that this way they can just walk around via the Bay of Seals.
Old European stories, ghosts could not cross running water. It's probably derived from that.

Also, the Wall doesn't actually cover all the land, the west end is actually separated by the Milkwater, if you look at the maps.

So it seems water is an issue for WWs.
If you watch the opening carefully, the milkwater is still water in the closeup shot, but when it does the lens flicking and zooms out, it's frozen.