[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

I never realized till now how poetic it is for their last child Tommen to die the way he did considering this all started when Bran was pushed out a window by Jamie and Cersei

You know, now that we finally have a reveal on Jon Snows parents, the fact that Jon was the only one that got a white haired dire-wolf seems like heavy foreshadowing. The wolf was the surrogate to the fact that he himself got the darker Stark hair, while pretty much all Targaryens have white hair. The "White Wolf" indeed.

While less emphasized, the hair color - seed will tell - thing has come around 2 times earlier in the books, what with Baratheon's bastards and the golden-locked Lannisters and all that.

While less emphasized, the hair color - seed will tell - thing has come around 2 times earlier in the books, what with Baratheon's bastards and the golden-locked Lannisters and all that.
Oh I know. The color of the hair has always been important to certain houses, it's sort of a branding mark for many of them (Lannisters, Targaryns, etc) so I just thought it was interesting how the one thing that made it unlikely for Jon to be Targaryen, the lack of white hair that all other Targaryens were known to have, was lived out through his dire-wolf, Ghost. None of the other dire-wolves were white haired, only the one given to Jon, which in hindsight makes much more sense now as a thematic device. Before this reveal the only thing that sort of connected was the fact his name was Snow, and snow is white, thus why he got the white wolf, but being a Targaryen changes the dynamic.

GasBandit

Staff member
Couple repeats, but otherwise good stuff here:

[DOUBLEPOST=1467394849,1467394780][/DOUBLEPOST]WELP Imgur's new beta nonsense has fucking broken album embeds so FUCK THAT SHIT huh Just click "imgur" in the top left to go directly to the album[DOUBLEPOST=1467395084][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well, in my defense, that was over six months ago and THIS THREAD NEEDS TO LIVE
In a better world than this, the Great Bearded Glacier would be writing fast enough that we could discuss the new book in between season of the show & this thread WOULD live!