Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Orders something Sunday from Amazon.
Uses Prime 2 day shipping.
Product gets shipped this afternoon.
Says it will be delivered NEXT Monday.

That's...that's not 2 day shipping Amazon.
Ours was:

Orders something Sunday from Amazon.
Uses Prime 2 day shipping.
Product gets shipped the next morning.
Arrives at door around 1 PM.
Know this because Amazon delivery person took photo of it next to package left by UPS earlier in the day.
Come home to only the UPS package.

I'm guessing what we'd attributed to shipping mistakes in December were similar acts of theft, we just had no proof until now. I also suspect our door is being targeted as regularly having packages, because the ones taken in December were graphic novels that were gifts to me from my wife. That's the only reason I can think they left the box, because they shook it and heard more books, so they took the other one. Joke's on them--it's another book.

Unrelated, I'd love if my work would text me what we're doing with the current weather situation.

fade

Staff member
It bothers me greatly that in the short Skeleton Dance, the skeletons may or may not end up with all their own bones at the end of the dance. Do they know? Are they labeled? Does the skull count as the identity, or is it decentralized since they're spirits of some kind?! I need answers, science.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I shit my pants today, after talking to a guy I'm pretty sure is stalking me. Not the funnest day.

Dave

Staff member
Ah yes, the failed tester. Always happens at the worst time. Then you have to do that awkward walk to the bathroom, praying that the bubble between your butt cheeks is, in fact, just trapped gas. But you don't think so.

You don't think so.

Something new is wrong with me. After everything that happened, my heart stops every time my phone rings, I'm nervous every time Gaby leaves for school. My father takes Gaby and her cousins to school and I fear that one day he will not be there when we leave the house. I felt the same way after my grandmother died and that fear became truth when I received the call about the accident. I know it's stupid but I can't control it.[DOUBLEPOST=1516298571,1516298192][/DOUBLEPOST]I think that the problem is that I've never experienced personal loss and tragedy before. I guess this is all part of the human experience and I need to get used to it.

I understand Cog. My life has been filled with fortune and luck and I never felt the sting of personal loss and tragedy for many years. The opportunity to get 'used to it' is certainly part of our human experience but it's also tremendously gratifying at the same time. I liken it to having a cold; you're stuffed up and sick, sneezing and all you can think is "Man, I can't wait until I'm healthy again - and I'll never take breathing through my nose for granted!" It is our times of pain that remind us of how fortunate we are ordinarily. And now, after 38 years on this earth, I've suffered enough tragedy that I can easily enjoy the good times.

I think that the problem is that I've never experienced personal loss and tragedy before. I guess this is all part of the human experience and I need to get used to it.
It can be quite a shock when you realize that the bad stuff you see on the news can also happen to people you know and care about. Even if you never get used to it, you still need to learn how to deal with it. In my opinion, this is hardest for those people who are used to being in control of the stuff around them, because this is all stuff that tends to be fuera de control, and those people can’t handle the realization that there are things they simply cannot influence.

—Patrick

Reactions: Cog
I've had people ask me how I can go out and do stuff when I'm clearly in so much pain and can barely walk sometimes. You get used to it.

And...if I waited to feel awesome again, I'd never leave the house. That ship has sailed.

I'm on a whole smorgasbord of scary meds just to do the basics in a manageable amount of pain. I'm on year 2/3 waiting to be seen by a pain doctor for a super radical procedure that I may not even qualify for.

I'm all moody because I have to be up at the ass crack of dawn to get to the hospital for a pain procedure. I've had three go very well with my new doctor at the new hospital, but I'm still super nervous after one of them a few years ago was a total disaster.

If it wasn't for the fact that they were my employer for essentially half my life, I'd refuse to put the SOWI down as a "past employer" on future resumes.

I got a letter in the mail today that my insurance would be continued on February 1 - after I had specifically filed with my former HR people that I no longer wanted to be covered under the state plan after January because I'd have to pay the entire damn premium - which would be significantly more than my monthly retirement benefit (aka pension).

Cue the call to ETF and the "you have to send us a letter before January 31st" response.

:facepalm: Why did I choose to work for these people again? (Oh yeah, it was supposedly "job security." That went out the window six freakin' years ago. How'd that work out?)

I'm awake in the middle of the night after my bilateral pain procedure at the hospital today. The freezing has worn off and the medication they injected into my joints won't take effect fully for about a week, so I'm assuming that pain is what's keeping me awake.

They gave me IV pain meds and sedation during the procedure, so I should be much more tired.

My wife thinks something that went wrong for me is her fault and it completely isn't, but she won't believe me when I tell her that, so she won't leave me be on how she feels bad and wishes she could make it up to me.

Which makes me feel bad.

My wife thinks something that went wrong for me is her fault and it completely isn't, but she won't believe me when I tell her that, so she won't leave me be on how she feels bad and wishes she could make it up to me.

Which makes me feel bad.
If you figure the answer to this one, I want to know it. Do not hesitate, PM me directly.

--Patrick

Starting to come down with something, and I'm really hoping that it's not this year's flu, because it sounds particularly nasty this year.

Some fucker got my credit card number and attempted (succeeded really) in charging $1500 to our account today. Lucky me, I check the account regularly, saw it and got it called in as fraud tonight. Unfortunately my wife is travelling for the next two days and now doesn't have a backup card to use for her trip.

I have an idea of where the number could have been compromised, but it won't do them any good anymore, new card number is being issued.

Some fucker got my credit card number and attempted (succeeded really) in charging $1500 to our account today. Lucky me, I check the account regularly, saw it and got it called in as fraud tonight. Unfortunately my wife is travelling for the next two days and now doesn't have a backup card to use for her trip.

I have an idea of where the number could have been compromised, but it won't do them any good anymore, new card number is being issued.
Some adventures in credit cards...

A guy got his "buddy" a room on his card. Didn't know "buddy" was going to trash the room and get charged for damages. Now it's a police matter between him and "buddy". :facepalm:

Somehow I keep receiving PayPal prepaid cards, even after I changed my PayPal password. And I was locked out of my prepaid card web account. Turns out the lock was because I hadn't had a transaction on the card in over a year. The extra cards were a "courtesy" in case I lost one of the others. Nothing was compromised, no identity stolen. But still weird.

Yesterday felt pretty bad. The only person that called me was my girlfriend, and we call each other every day anyway. First time my mom hasn't called me on my birthday. I know it's whiny and I'm too old to care about shit like that, but still. Hurts a little y'know.

Fuck Facebook. Another thing it's ruined. Fun, feel good, birthday communication.

Fucking Adobe.

For the last couple weeks I've been running low on space on my tablet, and so I moved my big pile of pdfs over to an external sd card and ruthlessly cut through all my installed apps, and extra documents. Like, everything. Barely made a dent.

Eventually, today, I noticed that Acrobat made it's own special, private copy of apparently every pdf I've ever used with it. Fucking Adobe.

One of my biggest fears when I was younger was that I would turn 40 years old and still be a loser.

. . . oh, look what just happened today . . .