Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

My wife is the same way. She hates sleeping alone - when I'm on nights, both kids usually end up in bed with her. On those RARE occasions when the kids are at my parent's and I'm not home at night, she sleeps in the living room, because she's terrified of someone coming into the house and not hearing it.

Me, I get the bed to myself every other month, and don't mind sleeping in a house with no-one in it, although for the first couple nights, not hearing the kids' breathing makes me wake up in a panic every hour or so. Yes, I acknowledge that I have issues...

The other part of it is now that I'm working from home/SAHMing, I don't get to have as much adult conversation as I'd like. Not that I miss my old office, because that was just me having to listen to my coworkers whine about everything that popped into their heads 8 hours a days. And I'm grateful to have you guys around to keep my brain churning. But when Mr. Z's not around to shoot the breeze, it reminds me that none of my friends can pop-over to "Netflix and chill", in the non-Internet, literal sense for an hour or two.

Maybe in the Internet sense, too.;) warm body DAMMIT!

fade

Staff member
How you doin' warm body?
...What? I mean, I totally want you for your body heat mind! Come a little bit closer, my little tauntaun stud muffin!

Dammit!
I mean, I'm not as big as a tauntaun, so it'd have to be more of a Total Recall/Iron Man suit-up type situation.

The family for this funeral is driving me batty.
I've been trying to get in touch with them for 2 days, and they have yet to answer the phone or return my calls.
The service is on Thursday, and I need to pick hymns (and get them to the music director), write a sermon based on whatever scripture they pick, and print the bulletin.
I'm running out of time to do all that, and I still have other things to do this week, but I can't do any of this without talking to the family first!
Gah!

In a way, I love it when my wife is out of town, I get to turn off the television and sleep in the dark and silence. She likes the tv on to cover any outside sounds.
That's kind of how I feel about it. I got very used to Aussie being gone a lot when he was active duty. When he was home, I couldn't stretch out across the bed and had to relearn my sleep position. But, for the first week he was gone I'd always sleep with the bathroom light on because I was a little freaked out to be alone.

I didn't realize Culver's was allowed to have vegetables. I thought it was just butter, bread, meat, cheese, and butter.
They're not quite that Paula Deen-y. But yeah, they even have diced red onion in 'em, so they're a great alternative to fries if you aren't in the mood for a fistful of straight up starch.

--Patrick

The QA team messaged me frantically this morning saying I needed to fix a bug. I spent some time rearranging my day so I could spend time on this project today (I didn't have time scheduled for it until Thursday - when QA is supposed to be wrapping up and providing a bug list to fix), and asked them for details because they made it sound as though they couldn't continue testing - at all - without a new build.

I finally sit down to examine the issue, read their report and find that it doesn't prevent testing at all, and is an edge case that is triggered by performing actions while the app has a "loading" indicator on screen.

Yes, it needs to be fixed.

No, it doesn't stop testing.

Yes, it can wait and you can provide all the bugs to me at once - including this one.

It costs me time, and aggravates my other clients when I have to shuffle things around like this. I want to be proactive and quick on my feet when things start to become known, but if they're going to start sending up flares for minor events, I'm going to have to dial back my responsiveness to avoid future situations like this.

Probably I'm misunderstanding them anyway. It's not that they can't test, but that they've found a bug that is a showstopper and will have to be fixed, and they'd like to have it fixed before they present the QA results to the final client (whom they are trying to woo for future, more lucrative, projects). So it's probably just dog and pony show stuff.

The funny thing, though, is that this bug was present when we took over the project from the final client. We're shining up their junk so we can start from scratch on the next project (which I won't be involved with anyway).

And this is a really whiny complaint, but I'm not going to complain somewhere where my client, or their client, can see it, so here you go. I could have posted a simple "QA teams suck" but the reality is this is a much more mundane "Bad communications and unexplained expectations within teams suck."

And re-reading it, it's really petty, whiny, and like the proverbial rubber duck I've come to better understand what's happening with the whole situation simply by writing it out.

Thanks, Ann Landers Halforums!

Just a follow up, biopsy is done, she's a little sore, they took 10 samples from 2 different areas. She's relaxed because of Xanax, but really wondering what the big deal with Xanax is, she expected a much larger "punch" from it than she has had.

Just a follow up, biopsy is done, she's a little sore, they took 10 samples from 2 different areas. She's relaxed because of Xanax, but really wondering what the big deal with Xanax is, she expected a much larger "punch" from it than she has had.
I got Xanax for my laser eye surgery and it didn't do shit all for me.

I got Xanax for my laser eye surgery and it didn't do shit all for me.
I need extra freezing when I go to the dentist, and it sometimes needs an extra application partway through, so I hear ya.

OTOH a single regular plain-old Benadryl will usually put me right to sleep. Like half an hour, LIGHTS OUT. @Dirona can attest to this.

I need extra freezing when I go to the dentist, and it sometimes needs an extra application partway through, so I hear ya.

OTOH a single regular plain-old Benadryl will usually put me right to sleep. Like half an hour, LIGHTS OUT. @Dirona can attest to this.
Xanax is for anxiety, not pain, but that is also a problem. Though I usually don't speak up at the dentist when I start feeling things through novocaine, and just hope that it is over before it starts to hurt.

When I had Lasik, the stuff to numb your eye didn't numb it completely. I could feel them cutting my eyeball and peeling up the flap.
I loved it. Thinking about it makes me want to pick scabs and pull out slivers.

When I had Lasik, the stuff to numb your eye didn't numb it completely. I could feel them cutting my eyeball and peeling up the flap.
I loved it. Thinking about it makes me want to pick scabs and pull out slivers.
See, I had PRK, so they just obliterated everything with no flap.

My goto Culver's alternative to fries was the fried cheese curds.
Ah, but then there's the super secret menu, where you ask for the Wisconsin Cheese Curds, a family-size order of fries, and mashed potatoes and gravy - but ask for the gravy on the side.

You know what happens next, right, @Jay and @Adam?

We get to have a tedious argument about what constitutes "true" poutine?*

*I 100% do this with chicken wings. I am a hypocrite. Don't @ me.

TIL the new power bank I bought needs to be turned on before it will send power to charge your phone. This would have been helpful to know 30 minutes earlier :p

When I got my wisdom teeth removed I just had them knock me out cold because I'm a wimp.
I got knocked out for my wisdom teeth, too. Three of the four of them were impacted completely on their sides, so I wasn't enthusiastic about being awake for their removal. I also woke up during the surgery.

I got knocked out for my wisdom teeth, too. Three of the four of them were impacted completely on their sides, so I wasn't enthusiastic about being awake for their removal. I also woke up during the surgery.
My understanding was they shattered two of mine to get them out.

So I'm glad I was knocked out too.

That said, I hate needles in my mouth, so out of the several fillings I've had in my life I've only let them numb me twice, and one time it was either done improperly or otherwise ineffective anyway.

Haven't yet had a root canal, though, and I'm sure I'll take the numbing option for that.

fade

Staff member
Babies. Man, they told me I needed my wisdom teeth out, and just flexed hard and popped them out of my jaw. I disinfected with some off-brand whiskey and turpentine. Which was also my breakfast.

After the shenanigans in the Pitch a City thread, I had a yearning for BBQ. Turns out wile I wasn't looking, my favorite Q place had closed for good. :cry:

On the plus side, the big Kroger next door still had the good egg nog from the local dairy. :D

After the shenanigans in the Pitch a City thread, I had a yearning for BBQ. Turns out wile I wasn't looking, my favorite Q place had closed for good. :cry:

On the plus side, the big Kroger next door still had the good egg nog from the local dairy. :D
I have to drive an hour and a half to get close to good BBQ. It breaks my heart honestly, so I feel you.

I gotta find myself a good smokehouse, or buy a better smoker myself. There are two BBQ joints down here. One has terrible reviews and seems to want to focus on burgers, the other has terrible reviews and is only open from 10am to 4pm Tuesday through Thursday, and can't seem to make up their mind between being a BBQ joint or a teriyaki place, or maybe a vegetarian cafe. I can't even remember the last time I had decent Q. I think it may have been in 2013.

Stupid sketchy cell coverage in rural areas.
I finally heard from the family for tomorrow's funeral - they've had no cell reception for the past 72 hours apparently.
Ug.
Well, at least my over organized ass is, well, over organized. I had the service all set up and ready to go, so I didn't really need to hear from them anyways, but I'm still irked.