Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

That's pretty cool.
The Ontario Science Centre has a room that absorbs sound. Obviously not as well as that one but it's really weird anyway to go in there and just yell at the top of your lungs and hardly hear it.

I tripped today, and slammed my knee into the corner of a metal desk in the classroom. The edge caught my knee just right and went right between the knee cap and bones, right into the nerves and tendons. My entire leg went numb, and then started to tingle in the most painful way. Naturally I wanted to teach the kids all kinds of new words for their vocabulary, but I just clenched my jaw and waited for the pain to subside.

Now my knee really, really hurts. I can't wait to see how it feels tomorrow morning.

M

makare

I am so tired of sorting, moving, and cleaning stuff. :( I am so tired, my back hurts, and I just want to take a nap.

S

SeraRelm

They put stuff on my sandwich that I didn't ask for. I gave my breakfast/lunch to my coworker instead of eating it.

They put stuff on my sandwich that I didn't ask for. I gave my breakfast/lunch to my coworker instead of eating it.
That comes off as such a first world problem, except that a) that's what this thread is for, b) food allergies can be serious business, and c) I hate it when that fucking happens!

Whatever the morning guy had to make him stop to pick up cough syrup before work Monday, I have now. Took some DayQuil, so I'm not feeling as bad now as I did last night.

He's off to a concert in Ohio with his roommate. Don't think they'll have that great a time if they're all sick.

GasBandit

Staff member
That comes off as such a first world problem, except that a) that's what this thread is for, b) food allergies can be serious business, and c) I hate it when that fucking happens!
It pisses me off all the more when I ask for extra things on my food that incur a cost and then they FORGET TO PUT THEM ON. (IE, BACON) Cue the Joe Pesci Drive-thru rant.

These shitty teenage paranormal romance books need to get the fuck out of my Amazon, and stop tricking me into thinking they're about something else.

"A young girl is going to kill the gods... then she meets a boy who's more beautiful than she can believe!"
"A young girl finds out her friend is a demon fighting angels, and only she can end the war... if she can avoid falling for her friend!"

FUCK. YOU.

S

SeraRelm

"A surgeon becomes obsessed with the seductive woman he once had an affair with... If only he can stop himself from cutting her limbs off and holding her captive."
"Oh you!"

fade

Staff member
People keep misspelling my daughter's name. We use what I thought was the traditional spelling: Eleanor. We keep getting Elinore, which I've never even heard of before I moved to Louisiana. Does that seem like an odd spelling to anyone else?

well the only time I see that is when its spelled like Ellinore. but yeah if you are going with full name its the way you have it.

I broke a nail. This is a new experience since I've been biting them for 15+ years, but stopped a few months ago. It hurts!

So I'm all dressed up..... and have been for over an hour.

Nurse Cutie was supposed to be out a little over an hour ago. I know and am starting to get used to the constant delays of her job, but tonight I'm extra impatient.... perhaps it's because my 'week' just finished and I'm feeling a bit ravenous.

S

SeraRelm

I'd say "I'll take you either way!" but I wouldn't...

Hmm...

It could be taken either way alright! (yeah, that works.)

Head's starting to feel better after I took a pill but my stomach... And wooziness...

I NEED to get to bed at a decent time from now on. 5 hours a night is destroying me.

S

SeraRelm

I'd say always expect the unexpected, but I suspect the expected exception would explicate my explanation.

Also, people are feeling bad about stuff, lemme be nice.:hide:

Elinore is how the French spell it. Possibly more popular in Louisiana because of all the Acadians down there.

Whu?! No it isn't. In French it's most likely Eléonore. If she's named after he historical figure (Eleanor of Aquitain), the theoretically-correct-but-who-cares spelling is Aliénor. "Elinore" sounds more like a Scandinavian variation of the name than anything else, to me.
I'd actually guess that Elinore would be a (wrong) refrenchization of an already anglified French name by people from the South, trying to sound "French". That I don't know about. But with an -i-, it's definitely not a traditional French name.

M

makare

Win 7 keeps making an alert noise but I can't figure out what it is alerting me to. :(

M

makare

second whine in one day-

Ok so I moved home a week ago. So aside from all the lifting and moving that took, in the last week I have cleaned out two bedrooms. One just a bunch of junk the other I took out everything that was in it so we could paint. I took out a bed, a six foot bookshelf, a computer table, a dresser and a vanity. We painted and it looks fantastic. Now my mom wants to do the kitchen and the dining room.

The problem, and the whine, is that I am the only person in this house who can lift anything of any significant size. So in the kitchen I would have to move the refrigerator and the microwave and in the dining room I'd have to move our huge china hutch.

I am tired, my back is really starting to kill me and honestly it is easy to want to do this crap when you don't have to do any of the heavy lifting. I am very unhappy about all this.

But it is just a whine and I will suck it up, pop a vicodin and move me some furniture. Sigh. She wants to clean the living room carpet after that... that's a chair and ahalf, a love seat, a couch and an entertainment center.

Cajungal

Staff member
A girl disappeared yesterday, and it's all over the city, on facebook, on flyers... and tonight I had a dream about being attacked while walking home... not that I would ever do that alone at night. But damnit, then I had a dream about a break-in at my house. I cut his hand off through the window. Jesus. :( I really hope she's ok, but after 3 days it's hard to be optimistic.