Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Bourbon does help, but I'd prefer not to trade sleeplessness for alcoholism. Tylenol PM just makes me groggy, but doesn't put me to sleep. Melatonin puts me to sleep and keeps me asleep; for 12 - 14 hours. Might have to go that route tonight and hope that successive nights will lessen the amount of sleep until I can get a nice, solid, 6 - 8 hours a night.

Today was my first day off from work after 4 12h-nights. They call me at 5h30 in the morning to call me in 'cause a colleague had a death in the family. Yes, obviously having a death in the family is worse, and I'll come in to work.....But it does mean I've been up since 2am and I'll be working 'till 7pm. I had reserved this day for the slaying of demons in DIII, dammit. Blergh.

I have talked about how much I *ahem* love my husbands beard. It truly is magnificent.

Or it was.

He shaved it yesterday, saying it was too hot for it during the summer.

I am so, so mad! It is totally irrational but I hatge the fact his beard is gone. He looks alien to me.

I am now surfing through thedailybeard tumblr and mourning it's loss.

Lots of interesting body hair to post, though. Ahem.

Also, they're now trying to have me come in tomorrow as well. That'd make it a 71 hour week, including a day-> night switch AND a night-> day switch. Tired Bubble is tired.

Well, the good news is that I slept for 6.5 glorious hours. The bad news is, that apparently wasn't enough. I'm still exhausted, and had to email in sick to work because I've been trying to get dressed for the last 45 minutes, and have only managed to get socks on, while I've fallen asleep 3 times.

Well, the good news is that I slept for 6.5 glorious hours. The bad news is, that apparently wasn't enough. I'm still exhausted, and had to email in sick to work because I've been trying to get dressed for the last 45 minutes, and have only managed to get socks on, while I've fallen asleep 3 times.
We call it sleep debt. Welcome to the insomnia club.

Frustrated job hunting today. On that note, FUCK YOU recruiters. I will never understand why they want degrees and certifications for jobs that pay about a dollar over the state's minimum wage and could be done by anyone who can read and write.

Seriously, you do not need a degree to great customers at a front counter and schedule appointments. You do not need A+ certification and a 2 year IT degree to tell someone to reboot their computer. You do not need a 2-4 year business degree to sell crap on the phone.

Why people do this in one of the most poorly educated regions of the US is beyond me. Demanding a degree for menial labor is no substitute for an HR department acctually screening a candidate for a job

M

makare

I was walking by my mom's computer and noticed it was making this horrible grinding noise. I decided to open it up and clean it because i know it gets messy in there. The fan was so thoroughly caked with dirt I don't know how it moved. It took about half an hour to clean it all the way but now it is working fine. My mom said it isn't making ANY noise that's weird.
No mom that is how it should be.

I feel like I rescued a baby kitty lol.

The friend I'm staying with is holding my laundry hostage. The building's laundromat uses a card system, not change, and she didn't put the card where she usually does. I asked her where it was yesterday and she was like "I don't know" but with attitude as if to say "I don't know, where did YOU put it?" even though she used it last. I looked around the living room for it, but can't very well go rummaging through her room. She refused to look for it at all.

So I had to do a couple pairs of boxers, socks, and some shirts in the bath tub this morning and they're sitting on the balcony to dry now. When she gets back, I know she's going to want to sit on the balcony and have a beer, cause it's a gorgeous day out and that's what she does when it's nice out. She's going to be pissed at me for putting laundry out there, I'm sure.

Pretty much. I can't do anything right while I'm staying here, she gets mad at me as soon as she walks in the door just cause I'm here. I've already gotten shit for things like having the TV volume too loud (when I hadn't touched the TV, she was the last one to use it), or not knowing which cupboard she keeps the vinegar in. (I had been given crap before for putting things in the wrong cupboard, so now when I don't know, I leave it out, and ask her where it goes when she gets back. But apparently that's the wrong thing to do too. I should just KNOW where it goes. Never mind the fact that I don't use white vinegar in anything I cook, and I bought it for her at her request).

She's my best friend, but it's pretty clear that living together is a nightmare and she and I would make HORRIBLE roommates.
I was supposed to be staying here until the end of June but I'm in such a rush to get out I've already put a down payment on a place starting June 3rd. Can't wait to get out.

Yesterday I had a particularly surprising and embarrassing incident concerning poop. I have been going back and forth on whether or not I should commit it to this forum for evaluation or if I should move on.

This story could back fire on me...but, then again, its just another thing that has happened to me.

I put my dogs out to pee Sunday morning. I forgot my shoes, so I dash back in, put them on and run back to the door.

The puppy tried to force his way in, while I was on my way out. I looked down and said in a medium-loud conversational voice, "You are not getting back in you little mother fucker."

Then I look up and see this really adorable, three year old, girl standing in my front yard.

I put my dogs out to pee Sunday morning. I forgot my shoes, so I dash back in, put them on and run back to the door.

The puppy tried to force his way in, while I was on my way out. I looked down and said in a medium-loud conversational voice, "You are not getting back in you little mother fucker."

Then I look up and see this really adorable, three year old, girl standing in my front yard.
I got cut off in traffic by a really horrible reckless driver, I mean terrible, just plain awful driving putting people at immediate risk. And I couldn't help myself, I just screamed "You fucking douche!"

Then from the back seat came

"douche douche douche douche douche douche douche"

I spent the past 24 hours flying from Qatar, to London, to Dallas, to College Station. I feel like a zombie and just want to go to bed. But I know that I'll wake up at 2 am if I fall asleep now. Must keep mind occupied for the next two hours...

Frustrated job hunting today. On that note, FUCK YOU recruiters. I will never understand why they want degrees and certifications for jobs that pay about a dollar over the state's minimum wage and could be done by anyone who can read and write.

Seriously, you do not need a degree to great customers at a front counter and schedule appointments. You do not need A+ certification and a 2 year IT degree to tell someone to reboot their computer. You do not need a 2-4 year business degree to sell crap on the phone.

Why people do this in one of the most poorly educated regions of the US is beyond me. Demanding a degree for menial labor is no substitute for an HR department acctually screening a candidate for a job
Because it's an employer's market. So many qualified people are looking for work that most employers can just pick and choose. I see library job postings everyday on Collib that want 2 master's degrees (MLIS and another field) for temporary or part-time positions. One was literally 10 hours a week.