Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

fade

Staff member
The bike girl in Lafayette? I'm tempted to post on FB how many people are missing from Lafayette right now that aren't pretty white girls. I'm pretty sure I'd lose some FB friends over that.

fade

Staff member
It might be if it brings much needed attention to the people who are missing who aren't this girl.

fade

Staff member
I'm sorry, I'm not arguing with you specifically CG. I had an argument about this with my wife this morning. I don't mean to say that this girl shouldn't get the attention she's getting. I just wish everyone missing had that luxury. It's weird, though. Every time I say that people still interpret as the latter.

Cajungal

Staff member
Instead of translating to "I want to make people feel bad about an issue without really doing anything about it," which is what is true of most people. It's so easy to talk on facebook. Hell, even with this girl, there's a vigil tonight, and there have been search parties, and everyone is saying, "Oh I wish I could." Easy to repost, not so easy to get your hands dirty. So if someone posts a picture of a missing child who's... I guess, a minority and not pretty... I'll be glad to repost. Maybe I'll go looking for information and post it myself. But I'm not going to upset families and friends who have enough on their minds right now. That's not the right way to do things.

Cajungal

Staff member
...You're right. I read that next post of yours right after I posted, and I'm sorry if I came off unkind with anything I said. I've heard that a few times since all this happened, and it is 100% true. Everyone who has a missing child should have so much community support. I just also see how much that kind of talk upsets the people who are directly affected by this, and that gets me upset. But your point is correct. Absolutely. And I shouldn't have knee-jerked like that.

fade

Staff member
I didn't actually post it to be clear. I just felt like it. I'm aware it wouldn't change anything to do it that way. In fact it would probably have the opposite affect, angering my FB friends.

M

makare

I should go to bed but I don't want to. it just makes tomorrow come sooner. Just another stupid day. :(

S

SeraRelm

Was supposed to have tomorrow off buuuuut...

1: someone called off?
2: time warped around me and I'm in a different reality?
3: everyone at work suddenly died of dysentery?

Choose!