Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Ah yes, the little "Vancouver Is Burning" thing.

Though I don't think you'd have to worry about that happening in Pittsburgh.

Wisdom tooth extraction today. Apparently I have a very high resistance to the painkillers they inject, because my palate wasn't benumbed until they gave me two additional injections, a half-hour into it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wisdom tooth extraction today. Apparently I have a very high resistance to the painkillers they inject, because my palate wasn't benumbed until they gave me two additional injections, a half-hour into it.
Man, that sucks. When they took out my wisdom teeth, they put me under completely. I still have em in a drawer at work!

... but you knew that already, didn't you.

Prescribed painkillers: Tylenol w codeine, ibuprofin 800mg. Right now I've got two of each in my system. Effectiveness: slightly less throbbing pain, slight drowsiness.

This is like when I was in the hospital for my leg abscess and the fucking MORPHINE barely took the edge off.

I had Tylenol 3 (the codeine) when I had my wisdom teeth out. Holy crap! I was ridiculous and saw things. My dad was mean, he didn't even try to hide how hard he was laughing.

fade

Staff member
Wisdom teeth removal was how I knew Tylenol 3 makes me barf like a lawn sprinkler. When they wore off my mouth wasn't even really sore.

After my surgery, I learned that hydrocodone did not stop the pain. It just makes you not care that you are in pain. After a couple of days I self medicated by mixing Advil and Tylenol.

You knew what you were getting into when you moved there, kid. Honolulu's always had the worst traffic.
I'd like you all to remember this when it's winter and you're bitching about snow and cold. You chose to live there. If you've been there most of your life then you know what they weather is going to be like. Sorry it's -15 with a wind chill of -30 in the northern parts of the world. Knowing what it's like doesn't make it suck less, does it?

I'm fucking fed up with not being able to complain about stuff just because I live in "paradise". Some things SUCK here. That "well you knew what you were getting into" line is basically saying my complaints don't matter. I had a civilian friend do that shit to me when I was upset while my husband was deployed. "You knew what you were getting into when you married him." It didn't make it any easier to deal with! Some days were hard. Some days it was all I could do to not cry. Some days on Oahu can be really difficult. Sorry if it doesn't make sense to anyone that I could actually need to bitch about traffic or the high cost of living. Yep it's a fact of life here and ones I knew about. Just like frigid winter weather, oppressive heat and humidity, and any other variable that you normally deal with in your state/territory/province/country. And while I may rib you about it being warm and sunny here in the middle of winter, I would never tell anyone ANY ONE of you to just suck it up. Nor would I tell any of you that I wish ill on you because you're in a better situation that I am.

So fuck you and your patronizing bullshit. I am allowed to have feelings about where I live and the crappy situations that arise Just Like All Of You!

Last edited:
Well I was just joking too. Sorry if that wasn't clear, but glad your goto response is to go after what you knew would upset the most. You really are the pinnacle of compassion. I do appreciate having a bad day made worse from an internet forum, but I guess that was your goal so congrats.

There are going to be problems wherever you live. Traffic and Earthquakes in SoCal, tornadoes in Texas/Oklahoma/Nebraska, bitter cold up in the northeast, volcanoes and fog in the northwest, hurricanes down in the Gulf Coast.

It's just where you feel the most comfortable with the downsides.

EDIT: BTW, @WasabiPoptart, I deserved that dressing down.

My cat is severely sick again and we decided the vet we were going to was utterly useless since they performed a lot of tests and came up with jack shit, saying it might be cancer but really offering nothing definitive. He's experiencing a lot of weight loss and isn't absorbing his food for energy.

Fast forward to new vet clinic today- Women looked at him and ordered bloodwork and said we should probably do an ultrasound (never suggested by the other vet) since the X-Rays didn't reveal anything. Hopefully we will hear something Tuesday and find out what needs to be done for our little guy. We are hoping it's hyperthyroidism, which is a horrible thing to hope for but it's better than the alternatives.

Honestly, he's barely 9 years old, it's not fair that such a sweet cat go through so much grief.

I really should stop reading stories about earthquake survivors rescued from collapsed buildings. Mothers with children dying in their arms whille waiting to be rescued. Wifes asking their husbands to kill them. I could not sleep last night thinking about it.

Last edited:
Depression's been hitting me hard lately. Motivation to do anything is almost nil and I just have no hope for my future. Don't see much point anymore in trying.