Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

My dog had some teeth pulled and a small hernia fixed on Wednesday. She slept fine night before last, but last night was up every 10-15 minutes whining and I had no idea what she wanted. She also is a huge pain about taking the liquid meds the vet sent home with her.

I'm hoping today will be easier and I'll actually get more than 3 hours of sleep tonight.
Can you put the liquid meds in something like chicken broth?

I was thinking to try something like that. I might pick up a couple little cans of wet food and use that because I'm honestly worried she's not swallowing the full dose, and one is an antibiotic so it's pretty important.

My son has 2 essays due this week.

Head-desk.gif

Upside, this is the last full week of school before summer break, SURELY he won't have homework for the last 2 and a half days of school...

GasBandit

Staff member
Hrm... I think I'm getting sick. Woke up with nausea, weakness, lightheadedness... Seemed to get a little better as I got ready for work, but now that I'm here I still don't feel right. That's not good.

My son has 2 essays due this week.

View attachment 21105

Upside, this is the last full week of school before summer break, SURELY he won't have homework for the last 2 and a half days of school...
Then you can start looking forward to 2 months from now, his first homework assignment of the new year![DOUBLEPOST=1463593946,1463593808][/DOUBLEPOST]Silly whine: a couple of pigeons are making my terrace their home. No nest yet, but they're constantly coming back and sit on the box containing the blinds. Shit all over my garbage cans, shit all over the floor. I don't mind the cooing in the living room, but the shit I can do without. When I hang up bird feed in winter, no birds come to my terrace, but now they're going to camp down there? Fuckers.

Then you can start looking forward to 2 months from now, his first homework assignment of the new year![DOUBLEPOST=1463593946,1463593808][/DOUBLEPOST]Silly whine: a couple of pigeons are making my terrace their home. No nest yet, but they're constantly coming back and sit on the box containing the blinds. Shit all over my garbage cans, shit all over the floor. I don't mind the cooing in the living room, but the shit I can do without. When I hang up bird feed in winter, no birds come to my terrace, but now they're going to camp down there? Fuckers.
You need an owl.

Insomnia strikes again. And with a mock interview at Teamworks tomorrow, no less. (Note: Teamworks is a non-profit program that helps people with disabilities find and/or keep jobs. This includes people like myself with crippling mental health disabilities). I think I'll have to call and cancel because there no way I'll be in any shape to do it justice.

I'm up, but this is my regular lunchtime. And the stuff I really need to get done can't be for another 5 hours, and by then I *will* be ready for sleep.

I'm not sure where to post this, it's not really whining. I had my Permanent Impairment assessment today. I was injured at work four and a half years ago. I'm not really sure what, if anything, they will award me, but the testing was kind of depressing. My nerve damaged arm is 18% smaller than my good arm and I could barely lift the grip strength tester with it.

We tried that a few years ago. My surgeon "released" me from his care a few years ago. WCB waits to assess nerve damage patients for a few years to see if things improve.

I knew that my bad arm hadn't improved, but I was surprised by the size difference. I hadn't noticed. She also measured the surgery scars. The big one is 18cm!

From what I understand, that's one of the bad things about nerve issues - you don't notice you're doing anything different until it hurts like hell.

I got drunk at a friend's birthday at a pub, my ex whom I've been seeing regularly to the point I wouldn't call her my ex anymore wouldn't come to with me because she'd rather spend the evening alone AND found out from an extremely close friend that she's basically being raped by her husband regularly BUUUUUT won't do anything because THIS IS THE PATH SHE CHOSE IN LIFE.

WHAT A WONDERFUL EVENING.[DOUBLEPOST=1463823857,1463823408][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm so fucking miserable right now, it's a good thing I keep my sidearm at work.

(this is a terrible joke and I don't mean it seriously)

Oh my God, I'm still deeply in love with my ex/psuedo-ex.

I don't know if it's a cold or just plain allergies, but I'm pretty miserable, even after the 3 different medications have finally kicked in. Wish I could just lie on the couch and zone out...

Cajungal

Staff member
Hard to see the point of a wedding shower in the first place. I had one because my friend and sister wanted to throw one, and it was nice, but it's awkward sitting there having gifts pushed in your face when the same people will be at your wedding with another gift three months later. Seems unnecessary. Food was good, though. And they didn't make me play any games.

I didn't have a wedding shower, and we just got cash for gifts from everyone. Yay simplicity![DOUBLEPOST=1463878111,1463877751][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really took over about 8-10 years ago, to have at least one shower to be for the couple instead of just her.
Well really, what happened was Bachlorette parties became popular over "Showers", so now if people want actual house gifts, they need to have a couple's shower. :p

Hard to see the point of a wedding shower in the first place. I had one because my friend and sister wanted to throw one, and it was nice, but it's awkward sitting there having gifts pushed in your face when the same people will be at your wedding with another gift three months later. Seems unnecessary. Food was good, though. And they didn't make me play any games.
I was very uncomfortable with mine, even the family one with my cousins. I feel the same way about opening gifts like that.[DOUBLEPOST=1463903693,1463903647][/DOUBLEPOST]My whine: I am so itchy and I don't know why. It's making me twitchy.