What are you playing?

I juist found out i actually do own subnautica. Huh.
But for now I'm replaying Empire Total War, this time with the Austrians. Never finished it with them before.
Subnautica is, technically, a survival game, but its survival elements are generally considered quite forgiving. It's mainly a game about exploration of beautiful and oftentimes terrifying aquatic environments, and uncovering the secrets hidden within.

And building underwater bases.

And occasionally suffering from hilarious glitches.

Assuming they actually make enough. You know how nintendo is with things that are gonna be in high demand.
Since it's not a launch year, they'll be fine with consoles.

But those Pokeball-shaped controllers? Those will be sold out in shops five minutes after pre-orders go up, and 30 seconds later be running for $300 on eBay.

My birthday is in November. I was so nice last year and waited until Christmas to get the new game so I the kids and I could have it at the same time.

Am I going to be nice this year?

Played some Detroit. Current Opinion:

For fuck's sake David, why would a company email iPads containing bill information to a crack head!? Why weren't their riots in the streets when android companies started making robotic servants that look like people of color? What does a fucking android (that cooks, cleans, AND YOU CAN FUCK) only cost 6k? WHY IS THERE NO PAPER IN YOUR WORLD?

God fucking damnit David Cage, I want to like your game but the world doesn't make a lick of fucking sense!

Me: I'm not really comfortable modding Fallout 4. I'd hate to break the game.
Also me: I GOTS A MOTHERFUCKIN JETPACK YALL!
I can no longer play without my jetpack mod. It's just so convenient to climb up Bethesda-style hills and cliffs with a jetpack. Not to mention being able to find all the best sniping spots.

I can no longer play without my jetpack mod. It's just so convenient to climb up Bethesda-style hills and cliffs with a jetpack. Not to mention being able to find all the best sniping spots.
That's the thing for me. I just got it, and the second I saw it work I thought "Oh god, I'm going to do all the sniping with this."

I'm playing Vampyr.

You're a doctor in 1918 London during the Spanish flu outbreak, also you just got turned into a vampire. It's Deus Exy, except your an old timey doctor trying to help people while also choosing whether to give in to murdering people or not for blood. You HAVE to feed, as it's the only way to level up. Choosing not to makes the game much more difficult. Super cool. A little janky, but I applaud the ambition of it.

I'm playing Vampyr.

You're a doctor in 1918 London during the Spanish flu outbreak, also you just got turned into a vampire. It's Deus Exy, except your an old timey doctor trying to help people while also choosing whether to give in to murdering people or not for blood. You HAVE to feed, as it's the only way to level up. Choosing not to makes the game much more difficult. Super cool. A little janky, but I applaud the ambition of it.
It's great. It's also made by DONTNOD who also made Life is Strange

I'm playing Vampyr.

It's not the ONLY way to level up... in fact, the devs have said it's entirely possible to play the entire game without choosing to feed on anyone. I'm well into Whitechapel and I've done all my leveling from XP from combat and sidequests. Is the combat difficult? Eh... yes, but more so because at this point I don't have a lot of ammo for stunning or good weapons.

I mean, I'm getting 5 xp for a hunter and can get 6000 for feeding on a dude.
Yeah, it's definitely a trial. You can grind them all you want though, as hunters respawn in transition areas... which I already do ANYWAYS because it takes so many bullets to stun.

Darkest Dungeon. If moving around this forum wasn't such an absolute shitshow of slowness, I'd be rereading all of @GasBandit's hints and tips right now.
As it is, I've already established that "not taking torches" is a dumb-ass move. Also, "not taking shovels". Also, I suck at this game. Also, I need to figure out what items to use on what kind of curios - I'm getting trapped/poisoned/etc far too often.

Man. "6 more recruits than usual" and no place to put them. Followed by 4 heroes all dying on a "short level 1" adventure, of course.
I'm really crap at this game :p Also, it's clearly not a game to get attached to characters :eek:
but nice atmosphere.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, I need to figure out what items to use on what kind of curios - I'm getting trapped/poisoned/etc far too often.
At least, now, the game remembers for you what kind of items you've tried on each curio, and alters the icon to show which ones are beneficial.

Incidentally, I picked up a copy of cultist simulator today. I'll post my impressions after I've spent some time with it.
I refunded. Wasn't for me. I can see the appeal but I had 0 idea what I was doing, kept dying because and was getting frustrated. I had at max maybe 20-30 elements in play on the board at most. Went to a stream to see if I could learn something and they had the entire table covered with roughly 400 things. I can't keep track of that much, especially when once a resource is used it doesn't put it back in the same spot I had it before or hide elements that shouldn't be stackable after you claim them from a task.

Last edited:
I refunded. Wasn't for me. I can see the appeal but I had 0 idea what I was doing, kept dying because and was getting frustrated. I had at max maybe 20-30 elements in play on the board at most. Went to a stream to see if I could learn something and they had the entire table covered with roughly 400 things. I can't keep track of that much, especially when once a resource is used it doesn't put it back in the same spot I had it before or hide elements that shouldn't be stackable after you claim them from a task.
I'm feeling about the same way about it.
I found a "getting started" wiki that basically told you how to set up your first 10 turns or so, so that you didn't run out of money/food. But nothing is explained. It would've taken me ages just to trial and error that exact same series of events.

Note to self - get with host again to see wtf.
My guess is not enough allocated RAM.
I mean, it could also be a degraded RAID, but I sure hope that’s not what it is.
Whatever it is, there’s some kind of contention going on.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
My guess is not enough allocated RAM.
I mean, it could also be a degraded RAID, but I sure hope that’s not what it is.
Whatever it is, there’s some kind of contention going on.

—Patrick
The fact that it only seems to really hurt non-US users makes me think it's not that. I mean, my experience is still 95% silky smooth.

The fact that it only seems to really hurt non-US users makes me think it's not that. I mean, my experience is still 95% silky smooth.
I’m a US user, and it happens to me every single time as well. 10-20sec delay waiting for the actual page to be delivered but fine after that...until you go to a different page.

—Patrick

I’m a US user, and it happens to me every single time as well. 10-20sec delay waiting for the actual page to be delivered but fine after that...until you go to a different page.

—Patrick
I hang for a second or so most of the time, very rarely the forum locks up my mobile browser when I accidentally click the hotlink on a photo group and I try to hit the back button.