What are you playing?

I think @AshburnerX

Everyone online says steer clear.
@BananaHands

I think it's a better game than Dead By Daylight because it understands and emulates the medium and inspiration source better. It also isn't plagued with a bunch of near mandatory DLC full of powers and abilities like DbD, which really inflates the price of the game. That said, every round plays pretty much the same.

Counselors
- If you are near the phone house, cars, or boats then you need to immediately run somewhere else.
- Start looting houses for gear/parts, as you look for the radio to call Tommy.
- When you find ether the phone fuse or parts, start hauling stuff to your selected vehicle. Try to prioritize the phone over the vehicles and the 4 seater car over boats and two-seaters.
- Support your fellow counselors when you can. It's not hard to bully Jason with athletic characters. Hand over parts to smarter characters for installation.
- Don't be a Chad.
- Die because of Chad.
- If you come back as Tommy Jarvis after dying, your job is to help other counslers. You get bonus points/xp for helping counselors fighting Jason and even more for survivors who leave before you. Be a hero.

Jason
- Go to phone house. Trap fuse box.
- Go to cars. Trap them.
- If you see the radio tower, hit the nearby power box.
- Hunt. Kill.

There isn't a lot of variation in the game play, aside from what your character is good at. That said, trash talking Jason/Councilors is great fun, we're getting single-player challenges/off-line play soon, and this game really does emulate the movie feel of Jason's power: killing kids is easy if they aren't good and it's always gruesome.

If you've got people to play with it can be fun. It gets old quick.
This too. It's fun, but you can't play it all the time.

If you want my recommendation, then I'd say wait until it's on sale. 40 bucks is too much to ask for the game right now... wait until it's 30 or less. But I do think it's fun in short bursts and it does emulate the movies well.

Witcher 3: Okay, I'm into it now, but I'm having a hard time finding where to do quests. I finished White Orchard at level 3. I'm at level 4 now, but I'm in Velen and everywhere I go, the notice boards seem to give me quests for level 10, 13, 22, 33, etc. Where should I be going? I don't want to look for the witch level 5 quest just yet.

Dave

Staff member
My biggest problem with Witcher 3 was gear rewards. I'd be going after something or a set that would be so much higher level than I was, and when I finally got it I would already be decked out in stuff that was better. Every time.

This game isn't quite a Shovel Knight, but it's an amazing little bit of bonus content to a larger Kickstarter game. Perfect 8-bitish game. Plays really well, and cribs happily from old school Castlevanias. The neatest thing it does is you pass stuff in early levels you can't access without characters you unlock later in the game and it allows you to instantly jump back to those levels. The characters play differently enough and GASP don't share a life bar. It's almost like the original NES TMNT game that way.

I got it for free for backing Bloodstained at a certain level, but I wouldn't have been unhappy buying this for 10 bucks.

Anyone playing the new BattleTech game?
I love the Universe that it is set in, but I would likely have to buy $150 in RAM to play the game... My PC should be able to play it like a potato.
Any first thoughts?

It's not well optimized and runs like ass. Or it did at release. I haven't played it since patches.

It has problems, but I liked it overall.

I both like and detest the support weapons system.

- I like that they exist as their own seperate slots that have the special effect of triggering after any melee attack. I also like that they have interesting uses (Flamers overheat enemies and that doesn't suck in this game, MGs do crit damage on exposed weapons, Small Lasers do okay damage for their small heat usage and have good accuracy). This encourages slotting them on even assault mechs (They REALLY help with those Highlander Burials).
- This kinda nerfs light and medium mechs. Instead of being able to slot lots of Small Lasers to have some efficient combat usage, your light and medium mechs are restricted by the support slot system. This isn't a huge issue, but it's annoying early on.

To celebrate the starting of a new season of blood bowl (pre-season starts today) I picked up Total War: Warhammer 2

There goes all my free time

A few years ago I played Recettear and despite finding the concept of running a shop intriguing, I found the pace frustratingly slow.

Moonlighter takes the shopkeep by day, dungeon delver by night concept I didn't know I needed and refines it. The dungeoneering is reminiscent of Stardew's cave exploration though the combat is quite a bit deeper. And tougher.

The shop keeping is tight, quick and not as tedious as it sounds.

Haven't had a lot of time with it so far but have really loved what I've seen.

Last edited:

A few years ago I played Recettear and despite finding the concept of running a shop intriguing, I found the pace frustratingly slow.

Moonlighter takes the shopkeep by day, dungeon delver by night concept I didn't know I needed and refines it. The dungeoneering is reminiscent of Stardew's cave exploration though the combat is quite a bit deeper. And tougher.

Oooo, now that does sound interesting.

I was looking at this because I enjoyed Recettear quite a bit.

Witcher 3: I'm really into this now. I've finished the first long stretch of the Bloody Baron's story. The world of monsters here is so interesting that I was disappointed to hear most of it doesn't come from the novels, but added by CD Projekt Red. I'm also really impressed that so much of it was them. The small stuff, like the different cursed creatures and necrophages, is way more interesting to me than the power struggles and cultural tensions. Ignorance becomes one of society's worst enemies because many people don't respect or fail to realize how important customs of birth and death can be.

Also: LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE is my new jam.

Witcher 3: I'm really into this now. I've finished the first long stretch of the Bloody Baron's story. The world of monsters here is so interesting that I was disappointed to hear most of it doesn't come from the novels, but added by CD Projekt Red. I'm also really impressed that so much of it was them. The small stuff, like the different cursed creatures and necrophages, is way more interesting to me than the power struggles and cultural tensions. Ignorance becomes one of society's worst enemies because many people don't respect or fail to realize how important customs of birth and death can be.

Also: LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE is my new jam.
I assume you mean

The Witcher 3 has some of the best combat music of any game. All the boss themes are excellent and one of the best boss themes you can easily miss by avoiding the VERY easily avoidable fights in one of the DLCs.

Man, after completing the stash tab for Diablo III I'm now sort of looking around at what I'm going to play...
I want to play Witcher 3 or Deadfire, I have both and haven't played (completely through) either, but...I just can't seem to get the mental power going to actually engage with that sort of game. Both require more than just clicking through, and I don't seem to be able to get invested enough at the moment.

So, for now, nothing. Anyone a good suggestion? Preferably something I already own :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, after completing the stash tab for Diablo III I'm now sort of looking around at what I'm going to play...
I want to play Witcher 3 or Deadfire, I have both and haven't played (completely through) either, but...I just can't seem to get the mental power going to actually engage with that sort of game. Both require more than just clicking through, and I don't seem to be able to get invested enough at the moment.

So, for now, nothing. Anyone a good suggestion? Preferably something I already own :p
EMPYRION! GALACTIC SURVIVAL!

It's only 20 bucks. And a bunch of us are already playing :D