[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Its at least better than what John Allison does, in randomly switch between two storylines at two different time periods that just disorient the reader and give you a headache.

GasBandit

Staff member
Menage a 3

Ha ha, gawd dang, Gary... look how far you've come... from timid introverted virgin to casually offering sex as if it were a cup of coffee. Now that's character development.

Why do webcomic writers think the most interesting thing to do with anthropomorphic animals is go to Satan damn High School? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH MR. AND MRS. MARKS!

@chris
Namur Deitir sequel, almost got suckered into reading more of there crap. ALSO-one of the students in the school thinks she's a maaaaaaaagical girl but really isn't (haven't seen THAT trope done to death before ).

Zappit

Staff member
So this is not a post I really ever wanted to write...

So I think Supervillainous might be getting close to the end. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep going week after week, and I don't want it to just turn into a chore. I love these characters, but the cast keeps getting bigger, and the quality has started to dip. My backgrounds are getting more and more sparse, and I'm taking occasional artistic shortcuts.

With The Future storyline starting to peak, I think I see the potential for a natural end to Supervillainous. It's going to be four years old in a few weeks and hit 400 strips. It's the most ambitious artistic project I've ever undertaken, and I truly never expected to get this far.

I've also never had an audience this big. The SV weekly traffic is around 6,000, and a good number of regulars always leave comments. I want to do this the right way and give it a satisfactory ending. It won't end with The Future storyline - there's still a few more stories to tell, so...it will probably end within a half year. I'll work until I'm sure the time is right.

I've got other comics I still want to do, and those ideas have been leaping to the forefront of my mind. I just can't create them because of my current comic. Many of those ideas are for a fantasy comic in the vein of Oglaf - without the smut. I think it would be nice to just have a comic that doesn't really have a continuity, and just be a series of sorta-themed works that can stand as their own little stories.

Last edited:
Oh boy I am...SO GRIPPED by the current story of a random Grocery store customer dating Lesley because she's into her roomate...SO gripped...nothing ELSE I'd want some fucking confirmation on.

Same.

ALSO-in a fit of curiosity to see if Newshounds was still horrifying-I SEE-...better drawn versions of the old stories...bad sign, jolly bad sign.

Gunnerkrig Court author Tom Siddell gave a talk about his comic at google which has some interesting insights into the how and why of his comic.

50 minutes:

I could have told you that after reading the first three pages. :p
I kept thinking I'd missed some major part of it that didn't suck. But, like Wapsi Square, that part that would actually flesh out the story to make some kind of sense instead of just being some weird bullshit, just isn't there.

WELP-I am hungry for something new and good, especially after stomaching ANOTHER god awful romance drama manhua. Can anyone recommend a good sitcom web-comic?