[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

I try to, but the dependents thing keeps messing with my income, so I still get a refund.
Fortunately fate and family conspire to take it all every year, though.
Proof the US tax code is messed up:
> Get refund in 2016
> "Whoa, this is too big, better adjust my withholding."
> Reduce W-4 withholding by 3
> Get bigger refund in 2017 on less income

--Patrick

Anyone else find something creepy about "The Web Comic Factory"? How does this dude pay ALL those artists to draw his comics?

Last edited:
ScaryGoWhofuckinggivesagodamnshitanymore

AND-the current story ends...with Erin Winters becoming the new editor of the post....joooooooooooooooooooy.

True, true. ALSO-nevermind, she had a legit reason for letting her go...in that she's fifteen and can't legally work there, so she's cool again.

figmentPez

Staff member
Is anyone else still reading MegaTokyo? It's been updating semi-regularly again, and I still enjoy the story. I wish I had spare cash to contribute to the Patreon.

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought MegaTokyo went on permanent haitus in 2003.
Oh no, it started updating again a year or two ago... at the pace of a strip every month or two. You know, just long enough to completely forget what's going on and who's doing what, especially exacerbated by the fact that Piro draws all female characters near identically.

And yes, it's still in the crudest, uninked, roughly-sketched black and white.

Oh no, it started updating again a year or two ago... at the pace of a strip every month or two. You know, just long enough to completely forget what's going on and who's doing what, especially exacerbated by the fact that Piro draws all female characters near identically.

And yes, it's still in the crudest, uninked, roughly-sketched black and white.
And of course every single weeaboo can't use their mom's debit card to fund his patreon fast enough.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've been rereading Bob and George and... damn, I forgotten just how meta this comic was. To the point of being obnoxious about it. There are enough funny comics that I'm still enjoying re-reading it, but it definitely wastes a lot of time and effort reminding the reader that they're reading a webcomic.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dreamland Chronicles -

Uh... could there have been a better angle to draw that gargoyle swooping off with the Elven Queen, perhaps? Because this one looks a little.... ehhhhhh

I'ma say it, John Allison's story-telling feels TOO schizophrenic at times. We were JUST in a Shelley/Amy flashback story, and NOW we're in a Fishboy flashback? What the hell?

I'ma say it, John Allison's story-telling feels TOO schizophrenic at times. We were JUST in a Shelley/Amy flashback story, and NOW we're in a Fishboy flashback? What the hell?
And he "ended" Bad Machinery rather suddenly and open-ended, but you'll know he'll restart it when he feels like it.
I love his work, but this is why I lost track for it for a few years.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, it's been six months since Dragon's Burn updated, which I guess means it's dead. Which is really a shame. Not only for giant dragon boobies, but because, if you consider Dink the main character of the comic (and he does get the most "screen time"), it was basically "Terrik: The Webcomic."

Well, it's been six months since Dragon's Burn updated, which I guess means it's dead. Which is really a shame. Not only for giant dragon boobies, but because, if you consider Dink the main character of the comic (and he does get the most "screen time"), it was basically "Terrik: The Webcomic."
Hold up, there was a comic featuring giant dragon boobies? And I missed it?

GasBandit

Staff member
Hold up, there was a comic featuring giant dragon boobies? And I missed it?
Here's an imgur album with the entire comic thus far. Some of the earliest panels are completely missing (and the artist's tumblr is missing even more), but basically, it all started one day when a... "Knight"... barges into a dragon's cave, and decides he'd rather have sex with her than slay her. (Comic's not NSFW though)

GasBandit

Staff member
Huh. So.... uh... Menage-a-3, just uh... well, so much for the eternal "it can't possibly ever happen" teasing. Gary and Didi. Rebound sex. All night. Everything. Multiple times. Loudly. And it breaks Zii's will so badly that she quietly packs all her shit and disappears.

I'm sure some people would be all like "Aw, but Gary is supposed to end up with Zii!" Well fuck your ship. Zii's Karma Houdini routine has had me have it in for her for ages. Yeah, I kinda thought the predictable development of the series would end up with Gary-x-Zii, too (and it still might), but I lamented it as a failing, not something to be looked forward to. But I would not in a hundred years have predicted Didi successfully seducing Gary (I might have believed she might try at some point, but he'd either be too clueless - which he almost was - or some other inconveniently timed coincidence would sabotage everything, as is so often the case in this comic and this genre of all media in general).