[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Hey Punisher lovers, Law Enforcement != Military, no matter how much you want it to be otherwise. If you want to pick a logo associated with vigilante justice, maybe go with someone like Batman, y’know...someone famous for not killing people.

—Patrick

The head of the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Deparment Union wants officers to be able to display a "blue line" version of the Punisher logo as a symbol of their beliefs about how police should operate. - source

"The fact is, there will always be someone who finds fault with any symbol we identify with or person we choose to carry our message. The Blue Line symbol and the Blue Line Punisher symbol have been widely embraced by the law enforcement community as a symbol for the war against those who hate law enforcement. It’s how we show the world that we hold the line between good and evil." [emphasis mine]

The Punisher shouldn't be a role model for anyone, let alone police officers. This is appalling. The article also talks about how more than 20 officers are being investigated for disturbing social media postings. To quote an attorney on the case, "After careful examination of the underlying bias contained in those social media posts, we have concluded that this bias would likely influence an officer’s ability to perform his or her duties in an unbiased manner. "
Every time I see someone with that Punisher symbol, it makes me wonder if the person has ever READ a Punisher comic. I remember Frank Castle being of the opinion that the police were corrupt and ineffectual. It's like proudly flying a flag that says, "Look at how much I suck at my job!" No, police people, you shouldn't be using Bernie Goetz in a black onesie as your rallying symbol.

Every time I see someone with that Punisher symbol, it makes me wonder if the person has ever READ a Punisher comic.
Every time I see a Punisher skull with a blue stripe, I assume the person displaying it is saying, "I don't think police are violent enough*."

--Patrick
*in frequency or degree.

Every time I see someone with that Punisher symbol, it makes me wonder if the person has ever READ a Punisher comic. I remember Frank Castle being of the opinion that the police were corrupt and ineffectual. It's like proudly flying a flag that says, "Look at how much I suck at my job!" No, police people, you shouldn't be using Bernie Goetz in a black onesie as your rallying symbol.
It might seem weird to you, but keep in mind there are also lots of people that fly US and confederate flags side by side while calling themselves patriots.

It might seem weird to you, but keep in mind there are also lots of people that fly US and confederate flags side by side while calling themselves patriots.
I've said it before, if you fly the confederate flag in WV, you deserve to be beaten with a sack of Golden Horseshoes.

(Don't ??? me. The Golden Horseshoe is the WV history honor society. :))

Yeah, a confederate flag in WV is just plain ignorance. For cryin' out loud, YOUR ENTIRE STATE came into existence to DEFY the Confederacy.

Last edited:
Louisiana to federal judge: go fuck yourself.
At least second time thery kept someone imprisoned while there was proof of citizenship. ACLU and the like are going to have a field day. I mean, State's Rights and all that ,but you're still illegally detaining a US citizen against the orders of a federal judge. Imagine this being California detaining a neo-nazi on something and federal telling them to let go....

figmentPez

Staff member
Police in Oregon manipulated a photo to make a suspect look more like the perpetrator.

Cops used photoshop to remove a man's tattoos from his picture in a photo lineup so that he looked more like the suspect. They claim, as does the district attorney, that there's nothing wrong with this, and that they do it all the time.

Hawkinson said in cross-examination that altering photographs was “standard practice among investigators,” and that he learned about it through “on the job training” and from his supervisors.

Woman gives birth alone in a jail cell.

Denver Sherrif's Dept claim they did nothing wrong & that "Ms Sanchez was in the medical unit and under the care of Denver health medical professionals at the time she gave birth". Unless they were in the room assisting - and the security camera footage apparently shows her alone in her cell during the birth - I don't think you can describe her as under the care of medical professionals during the birth.

Dave

Staff member
I actually think manslaughter would have been a much better charge than murder in this specific case. I thought murder was going to be really hard to prove. I expect the appeal to be successful. The defense contends she didn't know that she was on the wrong floor because she was texting and preoccupied. And that's the DEFENSE saying that. Sounds like there's no premeditation there.

But, of course, I was not present in the courtroom so I may not know all facts about the case.

I imagine a large part of the guilty call was that she was grossly negligent in discharging her weapon and not noticing she was in his apartment.

I also imagine this being a 2nd degree felony.

I actually think manslaughter would have been a much better charge than murder in this specific case. I thought murder was going to be really hard to prove. I expect the appeal to be successful. The defense contends she didn't know that she was on the wrong floor because she was texting and preoccupied. And that's the DEFENSE saying that. Sounds like there's no premeditation there.

But, of course, I was not present in the courtroom so I may not know all facts about the case.
I read that the prosecutor got her to admit that she entered the apartment knowing she was going to kill whoever she found inside.

Sounds like there's no premeditation there.
I got the impression the guilty verdict on the murder charge was because the jury didn't buy the whole texting/didn't know/etc angle, figuring that was merely an after-the-fact story fabricated to fit the situation.

--Patrick

You don't need premeditation for murder.

Also, I imagine all the prosecution had to say was "she walked into someone else's home and shot them"

You don't need premeditation for murder.

Also, I imagine all the prosecution had to say was "she walked into someone else's home and shot them"
For first degree felony murder you do. Or be commiting a crime during the killing. This will likely slide to 2nd degree felony murder which is 2-20 years.

Basically, the prosecution made her admit that she didn't follow proper trained procedure and that she didn't have to confront him.

Based on the testimony, she noticed the door was open while attempting to put in her key, and at that moment, came to the conclusion there might be an intruder. In police situations where there is a possible intruder, officers are supposed to stay out of sight, contact backup, survey the situation until support arrives, and then move in. The fact she continued to open the door, walked in, yelled at and then shot the guy, shows premeditation.

If she didn't even notice the door lock, walked in, saw the dude, panicked, and then shot him, it would likely have been manslaughter. It's the fact she came to the conclusion someone was inside "her apartment", walked in anyways to confront him rather then call for support, and then shot him, that adds the needed premeditation / intent to boost it to murder. The prosecution asked her point blank, "Would the victim still be alive had you followed police procedure?" from which she answered, "Yes, sir".

She also came across as very unbelievable on the stand. Even her “breaking down” and crying while being questioned came across as more of an act, rather than actual emotion.

She was probably hoping that an old white man on the jury would sympathize with her. In the South, a white woman claiming to be scared of a big black man still resonates with the older population.

She was probably hoping that an old white man on the jury would sympathize with her. In the South, a white woman claiming to be scared of a big black man still resonates with the older population.
Going with that (and being a Southerner) that same old white man would be against a woman as a cop. No win there.

Dave

Staff member
The jury was almost exclusively women & African Americans.

She also came across as very unbelievable on the stand. Even her “breaking down” and crying while being questioned came across as more of an act, rather than actual emotion.
Dabbing at tears that didn't exist while making those scrunchy ugly cry faces. Performative at best.