GasBandit

Staff member
Leaving it unstrung sounds like a good strategy. But, honestly, I think the best way to teach her to respect the bow would be for her to actually try out archery. Even if it's just a few lessons to grasp the basics, she'll at least have hands-on experience with what a bow and arrow can do.

I'll admit I'm a bit biased though because I love archery.
You didn't read much of that thread, did you.

Archery is something I'm doing with my son though, and I'm loathe to bring my daughter along to that for even just one lesson because she is a huge asshole to her brother. And since we do it on the one day a week that she doesn't have other activities, I'm not going to bring her on a different day.

Archery is something I'm doing with my son though, and I'm loathe to bring my daughter along to that for even just one lesson because she is a huge asshole to her brother. And since we do it on the one day a week that she doesn't have other activities, I'm not going to bring her on a different day.
Then I see only one possible solution.

I will go over there and give your daughter archery lessons.

In other news, errbody tellin me how Millenials are all tech savvy and whatnot, but this 20something dingleberry today was all "can you download this to a CD for me?"

Download. To a CD.

Yeah, sure, ok, GRANDPA.
Have you considered that they might be too young to remember when burning CDs was popular? They need to go to the old guy to use the ancient technology.

Pretty sure that what GB is objecting to is that you "download" from a source and "upload" to a storage device.

Also for CDs and DVDs the usual term was "burning" since you were using a laser and it was not modifiable.

GasBandit

Staff member
Even the 50 year old salespeople here say "put it on a CD." Downloading really entails network use.

I had flashbacks to that old America On Line commercial that actually had a guy say out loud "Read news, check your e-mail, or download the internet!" Which is the other kind of wrong but it feels the same.

My dad has a large collection of antique rifles, swords and bayonets. I never knew where they were as a kid. The guns are way too old to fire but I'm a super-clutz and could have very easily skewered myself.
Well, you're also not allowed to handle glue either. Better safe than sorry.

TIL a guaranteed way to ensure Squidleybits' untimely demise would be to buy her a hot glue gun. Preferably with a bayonet mount.
She has her own sparkling glue gun set to the toddler level of heat. I don't need to come home and find she's glued herself to the couch again.

Whats up with this message hovering over the forum:

Due to an issue with the current server, we are being moved to a different one. The problem is this causes a new IP address and it'll take a bit for your DNS to point to the new one.
This is happening in a couple of hours so be aware that you may have up to 24 hours of jankiness. But this is expected and I'm not breaking anything.

Dave

Staff member
I thought I had it set for a limited time frame but I didn't. I had the time set, but not the checkbox.

Omg! I had no idea I could dismiss those!

And yes, since I destroyed the arm of the couch and glued my brother in law's butt to the counter, I have lost my crazy glue priveldges.

For many years, I had a low heat glue gun which is thankfully what Pud sat on. I bought a high heat one for my Christmas wreath and he tried to get friendly with it too!