GasBandit

Staff member
I like my women like I like my coffee...

...tied up in a burlap sack and dragged through the mountains behind a mule.
...ground up and packed in the freezer.
...preferably fair-trade.
...I don't like coffee.

Dave

Staff member
I like my women like I like my coffee...

...tied up in a burlap sack and dragged through the mountains behind a mule.
...ground up and packed in the freezer.
...preferably fair-trade.
...I don't like coffee.
...being slowly consumed by an 80 year old man while never breaking eye contact.
...brought to me by a buxom woman named Flo.
...with lots of creme.
...causing me to have weird and semi-incestuous conversations in my kitchen with my sister while my parents sleep.
...strained slowly through a paper filter until only the dark juices are left to consume.

...being slowly consumed by an 80 year old man while never breaking eye contact.
...brought to me by a buxom woman named Flo.
...with lots of creme.
...causing me to have weird and semi-incestuous conversations in my kitchen with my sister while my parents sleep.
...strained slowly through a paper filter until only the dark juices are left to consume.
Oh look, there goes my confused boner again. Hi C.B.!

The taste of coffee really is one of those things you need to have an open mind about in trying. It's bitter, and pretty much all bitter foods are going to be an acquired taste because we're conditioned to be sweet. But I like coffee for the same reason I like olives, it's a unique taste that stimulates senses that aren't touched by anything else.

I just vastly prefer cold drinks over hot.

Bodum Chambord 8-cup French Press. I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee, so I usually fill this one to half capacity. I didn't want to pay for a decent motorized grinder, so I have a cheapo conical ceramic burr hand-grinder.

Bodum Chambord 8-cup French Press. I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee, so I usually fill this one to half capacity. I didn't want to pay for a decent motorized grinder, so I have a cheapo conical ceramic burr hand-grinder.
But that is the perfect coffee set up.

I just make instant on Saturday mornings in a Pyrex 4 cup measuring cup.

Is there such a thing?

--Patrick

Go to Amazon and enter this search (sans quotes): "Hand Coffee Grinder with Adjustable Conical Ceramic Burrs". You should see a bunch that look like mine (it's a generic chinese design, I'm guessing, that gets different labels and prices slapped on them). The specific listing I bought from is not available at the moment.

For the $20 I paid for it, I'm pretty happy with the results. Took a bit of fiddling to get the grind size right, but has rarely needed adjusted, and it's sturdy/consistent.

Just a heads up, you wind up paying in excess of $30 per pound with one of those.
Depends how you do it. We never buy the pods, we only use the reusable cups and put any grounds in we want. So for us, it's not more expensive than any other type of coffee maker.

fade

Staff member
Marshalls and Home Goods. Name brand Keurig cups there and far less than $30/lb.

I don't recall ever thinking of coffee as bitter. Not anymore than chocolate.

I also tend to avoid french presses because they are a pain in the ass to clean.

Just a heads up, you wind up paying in excess of $30 per pound with one of those.
Compared to what I'll waste with coffee that will sit in the back of my fridge?

And I do try to buy on the cheap, TBH.[DOUBLEPOST=1486146540,1486146202][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends how you do it. We never buy the pods, we only use the reusable cups and put any grounds in we want. So for us, it's not more expensive than any other type of coffee maker.
Only problem I've had with this is the filter I put inside the reusable cup. It gets hella messy.

Marshalls and Home Goods. Name brand Keurig cups there and far less than $30/lb.

I don't recall ever thinking of coffee as bitter. Not anymore than chocolate.

I also tend to avoid french presses because they are a pain in the ass to clean.
Chocolate (or at least cocoa/dark chocolate before sweeteners) is also bitter, and is also an acquired taste.

GasBandit

Staff member
Apparently Facebook is making "friends day" videos for people. And since my facebook account is a fake persona I made for when you have to register for contests and stuff with a facebook account, basically all my "facebook" friends are just halforumites.

So, as a result, my "friends day" video is just a "halforums" video.

Dave

Staff member

Go to Amazon and enter this search (sans quotes): "Hand Coffee Grinder with Adjustable Conical Ceramic Burrs". You should see a bunch that look like mine (it's a generic chinese design, I'm guessing, that gets different labels and prices slapped on them). The specific listing I bought from is not available at the moment.

For the $20 I paid for it, I'm pretty happy with the results. Took a bit of fiddling to get the grind size right, but has rarely needed adjusted, and it's sturdy/consistent.
I tried to find a grinder but I spelled it wrong. I did not get coffee.

This is where I usually get my coffee. I like their selection and, on the occasion I feel inclined, I can even get Starbucks for less than $5 a bag.

Apparently Facebook is making "friends day" videos for people. And since my facebook account is a fake persona I made for when you have to register for contests and stuff with a facebook account, basically all my "facebook" friends are just halforumites.

So, as a result, my "friends day" video is just a "halforums" video.
Was everyone anime characters? If not, they should be.

GasBandit

Staff member
Was everyone anime characters? If not, they should be.
I wish. It was their facebook avatars.

If I'd have known they were gonna do something like this, I might have tried to game it with fake accounts or something.

Also, I interpret the fact that you're asking to mean that you can't actually watch it. Hrmrmmm...

Ok, try to watch it now. I think I made it "public."

Also HOW ARE YOU NOT FRIENDS WITH BUZZY POMONA YET

Also HOW ARE YOU NOT FRIENDS WITH BUZZY POMONA YET
Probably because it sounds like STI. :p

(Also, I haven't FB'd anyone on Halforums, probably to save you all from having to see my kid a lot. And though I don't post a lot, a good number of the things I do I end up sharing in here, too.)