I get, believe me. We just replaced our living room when we bought a new house. I had a 13 year old couch and matching chairs that had been hit with baby barf and cat pee. I said all of this clearly in the ad in no uncertain terms, and I listed it for free.

I had so many replies in the first hour that I had to delete the ad.
For free stuff I don't bother with Craig's list. Push it out to the curb and it's gone within an hour at my old house.

Out here in the country we've seen stuff sit at the curb for as long as 30 hours, but it goes.

fade

Staff member
For free stuff I don't bother with Craig's list. Push it out to the curb and it's gone within an hour at my old house.

Out here in the country we've seen stuff sit at the curb for as long as 30 hours, but it goes.
Yeah that's what I did with this. I just put a "curb alert" on Craigslist.

23 boxes, two of which are over 20 Kgs, and I'm finally over half-way done....not counting the books in the basement, my philosophy books, my gf's psychology books, my non-fiction, or her fiction.
Yeah, remember how I said I'd help you move, and you agreed to pay my airfare?

Something came up, I can't make it. Sorry.

When we moved out of our apartment in Toronto, we decided to not take our living room set. It had been my dad's bachelor pad stuff and was puke green tweed with splashes of blue, orange and lighter puke green woven in. One of our cats had ripped up the underneath to hide in the couch after my cousins were over once and it had a solid 30+ years of use. Someone took it off the curb. It might still be in use. Scary!

B

BErt

Finally bought the physical version of Secret Hitler, but none of these cards say GasBandit on them. Hmmm...

So much junk, cans and trash. It was fucking disgusting. It's the part of my house I neglect the most when I clean.

Lysol wiped every surface, threw out everything that wasn't bolted. It's a usable space again that has more room in it than just where my desk chair is.

Ugh, and the dust on everything. I have a dust allergy and cleaning everything has left me feeling like complete shit.

My mom can take the most trashed room in my house and clean it in a day tops (she did this with my son's room a couple of months ago). The same room would take me a week of getting overwhelmed and distracted, and it would still look cluttered.

I can not draw a green apple. I tried a bunch of times today. I wanted to practice so I shaded or coloured or blended or whatever the same red and green apple a bunch of times. The red apple looks like an apple in each attempt. Even the crappy attempts it looks like a red apple. My son asked why I was drawing an onion at one point earlier and the last one looks like a kiwi. @HCGLNS thought one was a peach lol.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Oroville Dam, the tallest dam in the US (yes, taller even than the Hoover Dam), has been in dire straits for days now. Until today, though, the main problem was thought to be a sinkhole that had developed under its primary spillway and had caused a massive hole to open in it... but today despite the damaged spillway having been open anyway, the water level has risen so much that the "emergency spillway," a generous euphemism for "part of the hill lower than the rest that will get overflowed first" started having water come over it.

And now in the last hour or two, despite previous hopes that this would be sufficient, the call to evacuate Oroville has gone out as it was believed that the emergency spillway has been eroded too much by all the water and will "fail within the hour."

I used to have family in Oroville, distant relations, granted. Last year they sold their house and moved to New Zealand. Just in time, it seems.

Last edited:

BananaHands

Staff member
The Oroville Dam, the tallest dam in the US (yes, taller even than the Hoover Dam), has been in dire straits for days now. Until today, though, the main problem was thought to be a sinkhole that had developed under its primary spillway and had caused a massive hole to open in it... but today despite the damaged spillway having been open anyway, the water level has risen so much that the "emergency spillway," a generous euphemism for "part of the hill lower than the rest that will get overflowed first" started having water come over it.

And now in the last hour or two, despite previous hopes that this would be sufficient, the call to evacuate Oroville has gone out as it was believed that the emergency spillway has been eroded too much by all the water and will "fail within the hour."

I used to have family in Oroville, distant relations, granted. Last year they sold their house and moved to New Zealand. Just in time, it seems.

And we have more rain coming on Wednesday. Yeesh.