My husband is out of town for the week and my daughter is in the full bloom of her hormonal teenage mood swings. Today she is in literal tears because I'm not putting away the groceries the way she thinks I should.
Don't tell me shit like this. My daughter is one year old and giggly and cuddly and I need to believe she'll never grow up.

But teenagers are great. You never know if they are going to love you and want to spend time with you, or if they are going to go full doom and gloom for no apparent reason. It's like an adventure! :|

Dave

Staff member
Anyone here good at video editing? I need to put my daughter’s wedding pictures into a slideshow but I just suck at this.

Dave

Staff member
I actually have a copy. It's what I tried to use. Don't get me wrong - I HAVE made a slideshow - but the transitions are crap, the music just seems to be haphazard and it looks like an amateur made it.

GasBandit

Staff member
I actually have a copy. It's what I tried to use. Don't get me wrong - I HAVE made a slideshow - but the transitions are crap, the music just seems to be haphazard and it looks like an amateur made it.
Ah. Well, if I weren't 9 kinds of busy at the moment with the move and work and fixing up the new place, I'd offer... but I don't think I could get to it for weeks :/

Driving home from work, part of the exhaust came off the Subaru. Dragged for a couple blocks and came off. It was 2am and I just wanted to get home. Shaking so bad when I got in the door, thought I was going to have a heart attack.

My daughter is yelling at her geometry homework as if trying to cow it in to making sense. It sounds way more fun than proofs imo.

Every day I feel like I'm wasting my life not going to places and taking part in protests against white nationalism and such. I feel like my side needs more heavies willing to do what's necessary against violent Proud Boys and worse. I'm big, strong and know exceedingly well how to disarm and disable someone.

Every day I feel like I'm wasting my life not going to places and taking part in protests against white nationalism and such. I feel like my side needs more heavies willing to do what's necessary against violent Proud Boys and worse. I'm big, strong and know exceedingly well how to disarm and disable someone.
You could probably do more good just by bringing snacks and drinks. Sure, being able to defend someone if needed is a great asset, but in the face of this kind of monstrosity I like to think (or maybe just hope) that positive acts bring more to the table.

And who doesn't love snacks?

Honestly, the greatest anti-faction action that needs done is documentation of facists and exposure of their identities through doxxing. It's basically the only long term strategy that affects them because it usually inflicts economic consequences on them for expressing their hateful ideology. You can also troll places where they put up their posters and such and remove them (though use your keys or a spackle knife because they like to hide razor blades under them.) It makes it harder for them to recruit and organize, which is the real goal here.

But even if you can't? Don't sweat it. Not everyone has the time or means to fight facism.

...if I were 10 years younger and did not work for the Government.

Dave

Staff member
If only I didn't have a job I had to be to to live. I'd be more involved, but I just can't afford to. I have no idea how these people do it on either side.