GasBandit

Staff member
Just in case anyone was curious, this summer's Dr Pepper commercials, indeed, their entire big sales promotion, is going to be one big cringeworthy awful shitfest. Clearly nobody involved at any point in the execution of this fiasco has any idea what they are doing. The entire thing is a bad idea implemented shittily. It's combining the groan-tastic "Crave Rider" commercials they've been airing for the past few months with a promotion that is somehow supposed to make you excited that they are putting variety labels on their bottles. Because, you know, people give a shit about what the label on the bottle looks like, and treat it as part of the definition of their personage, or some shit that a marketing Jerry Smith shitstain came up with in a sweat-soaked nervous fit in front of a disinterested board one day, I'm sure.

Not only that, but they are fucking the broadcasters advertising them on rates and demanding terribad fakeforced super-corporate "appearances" and a national giveaway... but despite the fact that our promotion is supposed to start tomorrow, we have yet to receive any details on where or when we're supposed to do anything. Sooo what are we promoting exactly? "Keep listening and hopefully we'll be able to tell you about us showing up somewhere and a giveaway, at some point!"

Just in case anyone was curious, this summer's Dr Pepper commercials, indeed, their entire big sales promotion, is going to be one big cringeworthy awful shitfest. Clearly nobody involved at any point in the execution of this fiasco has any idea what they are doing. The entire thing is a bad idea implemented shittily. It's combining the groan-tastic "Crave Rider" commercials they've been airing for the past few months with a promotion that is somehow supposed to make you excited that they are putting variety labels on their bottles. Because, you know, people give a shit about what the label on the bottle looks like, and treat it as part of the definition of their personage, or some shit that a marketing Jerry Smith shitstain came up with in a sweat-soaked nervous fit in front of a disinterested board one day, I'm sure.
Wait, that's new? We had the labels months ago. I got a unicorn!

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait, that's new? We had the labels months ago. I got a unicorn!
Apparently they decided it needed to be the focus of their advertising campaign starting this week.[DOUBLEPOST=1497488447,1497488325][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and NOT only that, but the radio commercials are just the audio of the TV commercials, and they make NO sense without being able to see what's going on.

fade

Staff member
In general, mochi is just pounded rice. It may or may not be sweetened. Mochi desserts are I'd say most commonly filled with sweet red bean paste. But they do make it with ice cream too.

Dear prospective Chinese-to-English translator: If you can't even spell "Sun Yatsen" and "Mao Zedong" right, you are not going to make it very far in this industry.

It's basically like someone saying the first President of the US was Jorge Washingten.

figmentPez

Staff member
An ad playing before a Youtube video triggered the voice commands on my phone. In the ad a guy says "Okay Google, give me an A note"... My phone heard "give me an anal". Since my phone didn't recognize this as my voice, it didn't unlock, but it went ahead and did the search as soon as I did unlock my phone... Damn, I'm glad I wasn't in public.

GasBandit

Staff member
An ad playing before a Youtube video triggered the voice commands on my phone. In the ad a guy says "Okay Google, give me an A note"... My phone heard "give me an anal". Since my phone didn't recognize this as my voice, it didn't unlock, but it went ahead and did the search as soon as I did unlock my phone... Damn, I'm glad I wasn't in public.
You really gotta get Ublock Origin dude. For your own safety... and social standing XD

Guess they only coded it to block the Burger King ad.

--Patrick

Dear prospective Chinese-to-English translator: If you can't even spell "Sun Yatsen" and "Mao Zedong" right, you are not going to make it very far in this industry.

It's basically like someone saying the first President of the US was Jorge Washingten.
Just judging from your stories here, I'm going to guess they can get much further than you think.

I think I like the band Chicago. Like, I'm not sure. I've never just listened to them. But every time I hear a song by them, I go "This is great."

There isn't enough brass in rock, is the take-away from this.

I'm ordering pizza.

B

BErt

IMG_1032.JPG
People say fidget spinners are dumb; but these are way dumber. "Oh, push the button, scroll the wheel, flick the switch." I have a penis, that's way more fun to play with.

Of course, you can't do that at work or on the bus. At least that's what that one judge told me...

GasBandit

Staff member
See, I get fidget cubes. I've held a switch in my hand and known the satisfying effect of toggling it on and off, click click click click. Or rolling the combination tumblers on a padlock, or rolling a bearing in its socket, etc.

Fidget spinners are stupid. The cubes, however, can be discreet and are vastly more effective at quelling the fidgets.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I could use one of these:

As it is I pick up my controllers and fiddle with them, I wouldn't mind something designed for being fidgeted with.

See, I get fidget cubes. I've held a switch in my hand and known the satisfying effect of toggling it on and off, click click click click. Or rolling the combination tumblers on a padlock, or rolling a bearing in its socket, etc.

Fidget spinners are stupid. The cubes, however, can be discreet and are vastly more effective at quelling the fidgets.
You can't do sick YouTube tricks that aren't actually impressive with a fidget cube.

Though, now I'm curious, have you ever had a remote control where the battery door would no longer close because you wore it out by constantly sliding it open and close? Assuming it had a slide door, of course, and not one of those stupid doors with the little tab you push in with your fingernail.

My main point here is that my TV is stuck on animal planet because the remote batteries fell out.