Two of my friends used to get drunk on the weekends in residence and scream that back and forth at each other louder and louder until the RAs or worse came and stopped them.

Dave

Staff member
So this is the official National Weather Service map of the tornadoes from Friday night. Guess where Doc was staying?

[DOUBLEPOST=1497797049,1497796896][/DOUBLEPOST]His hotel, by the way, is right about where the 'r' is in the word 'Force'.

Well, convenience is worth paying for, sometimes.
The local Meijer gas station sells a gallon of milk for $2.49.
They sell the exact same gallon of milk inside their store (which is probably not even 100yds away) for $1.29.
That's quite a convenience tax.

--Patrick

So... not sure if this counts as a win or a rant, so once again it balances out at random crap.

I mentioned previously that my department members have been departing, but I managed to recruit enough replacements to make up the numbers. One person had unofficially handed in her notice (as in, "I'm planning on leaving soon, but not immediately, I'm just telling you this as a heads-up.") due to her dissatisfaction at the recent shakeups at our company. However, the issues caused by the shakeups were gradually fixed over the last month or so, so now she's decided she wants to stay.

That gets a bit awkward, because I recruited replacement editors on the assumption that she'd be leaving. I asked her today if she wants to stay, and she said yes, and I (like an idiot) basically said "Oh when you said you were quitting before, I started recruiting more actively, now I don't know if our department needs all these editors!"

So now she's a bit upset because she feels like I don't want her here any more, so she went to the company higher-ups to ask if there really is no place for her at our company any more, and the company higher-ups said no, I was mistaken, our company absolutely can accommodate and does need as many editors as we can get. So I think she's somewhat mollified now, and will probably be staying.

So, basically, the good: experienced editor is staying, plus we get to recruit the new editors I interviewed too. The bad: experienced editor might think I'm a dick. The ugly: I think I'm a dick!

Did she recently gain 100 pounds? Or have some sort of horribly disfiguring accident? Has she decdided on gender transformation surgery? I'm just trying to work out where, exactly, the parameters are where your natural hotness-repulsor-field is sufficiently counterbalanced, this topic needs further study but this could be an important data point.

She's quite hot, and likes wearing revealing clothes, though she's also married so I think that might factor into it somehow. I've noticed that married women seem completely unaffected by my hot girl repulsion field.

She's quite hot, and likes wearing revealing clothes, though she's also married so I think that might factor into it somehow. I've noticed that married women seem completely unaffected by my hot girl repulsion field.
I am also unaffected by this phenomenon. More study required.

PS study means drinking.

PPS more means hobos

PPPS required means rye

Bringing my daughter's friend to the adventure park in Breck on Friday. I asked her mom to forward me the email or take a screenshot of the bar code she got so that we could pick up the pass she bought. She sent me a picture of the physically printed copy of the email. :facepalm:

Are you his father?[DOUBLEPOST=1498099809,1498099523][/DOUBLEPOST]So what I really came here to post!!

Randomness:

I bought and then assembled two flower towers full of petunias. I wonder sometimes if I'm losing my mind. My garden efforts are a bit over the top this year. I am home a lot though and able to get off the couch more than last year.

Our son got all lippy earlier and challenged me to a Pokémon battle in Sun and Moon. He went so far as to tell me exactly which sorts of Pokémon I could and couldn't bring and laid down some serious smack talk. I didn't let him win. I crushed him. Nothing outside the rules or anything, I've just somewhat obsessively bred and trained my Pokémon and after all the smack talk I decided to "really" battle lol. He was not impressed.

A cute girl at work gave me a lollipop for helping her with a problem.

And before you ask, yes, she's leaving at the end of June.