I went to a Jimmy Buffet concert last week. Had a really good time. But damn, that was the most white people that I've seen in one place. I only saw 4 Hispanics, and I was with 2 of those.

I went to a Jimmy Buffet concert last week. Had a really good time. But damn, that was the most white people that I've seen in one place. I only saw 4 Hispanics, and I was with 2 of those.
I felt something similar (but decidedly different) when I went to see janet jackson in concert.

Last edited:
Forgot to put on sunscreen for my outdoor archery lesson. Hopefully there are enough clouds for me to not have to learn my lesson.

figmentPez

Staff member
Reminds me of the time I went to the UniverSoul Circus, only almost the exact opposite. There were like a dozen white people in the entire audience. When they brought out the tigers, I remarked to a friend "Hey, I'm not the whitest cat in the place anymore!"

Well, it's starting to be official. We've put an offer in on a house, and it's been accepted. We've sent the earnest money check to the title company for escrow, the home inspector will be there on Friday inspecting the property, and the mortgage application has been signed and submitted. I think we may actually be in the (very long, drawn out) process of buying a house.

Good gravy. Who spends 300 dollars on a pen?! Why?
Well... It's really pretty....[DOUBLEPOST=1497454580,1497454498][/DOUBLEPOST]This pen is only 1.47million USD

Aurora Diamante Fountain Pen[DOUBLEPOST=1497454742][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh.. If anyone lives in Houston *cough* @fade *cough* and wants to go to Dromgooles and buy me some Noodlers Blue Bonnet (yes I know, it's only one word), and then drive to Lake Jackson and give it to me... That'd be just boss.

If I EVER buy a fountain pen or other precision writing instrument, I am going to select it 100% based on how it writes, its balance, its ease of cleaning, its grip, etc. I couldn't really give a flying finial about what the pen looks like, it's what the writing looks like that matters.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
If I EVER buy a fountain pen or other precision writing instrument, I am going to select it 100% based on how it writes, its balance, its ease of cleaning, its grip, etc. I couldn't really give a flying finial about what the pen looks like, it's what the writing looks like that matters.

--Patrick
In that case, I'd say you'd be much better served with a laser printer and a pretty truetype font.

fade

Staff member
Is this the place to put things where the victory and the rant cancel out? I have a chance to be a CTO of a decent little company. But it's in California, and my wife says no more moves.

--Patrick
Look at the TWSBI Eco it's about 30 bucks. then get a good ink Iroshizuku is on the expensive side, but it's 20ish bucks for 50ml and looks amazing (I like asa-gao which is a blue-purple) Amazon product so... 50 bucks and I've been using the same ink for more than a year with the amount that I write for work (which I don't have to write much for work). It's about the same amount I would spend on gel pens in a year but the different colors are worth the cost imo