Amazon has been experimenting with grocery stores. I guess they decided it was better to acquire a known brand then to build one up.

Amazon has been experimenting with grocery stores. I guess they decided it was better to acquire a known brand then to build one up.
If they can get the permits to start using drones for this is, it's game over. Amazon has won. Because I'd easily pay a 20-30 surcharge if it meant I didn't have to go to a store, lug shit around, and then repeat the ritual after I get it home.

They just bought Whole Foods.
Really? And how much did they pay? And was it in stock, or some other form of currency? :p:awesome:

If they can get the permits to start using drones for this is, it's game over. Amazon has won. Because I'd easily pay a 20-30 surcharge if it meant I didn't have to go to a store, lug shit around, and then repeat the ritual after I get it home.
....Plenty of supermarkets have an on line part where you can order and they deliver to your doorstep. Ho much more convenient than "a box on your front porch and they help you unload" do you think a drone can make it?

....Plenty of supermarkets have an on line part where you can order and they deliver to your doorstep. Ho much more convenient than "a box on your front porch and they help you unload" do you think a drone can make it?
I'm aware of this and use these services on occasion (usually through Prime NOW) but the end goal for Amazon is and has always been to cut out the worker from the equation.

GasBandit

Staff member
....A fidget spinner is just a ball bearing to roll around with some holes around it.
It's several balls in a bearing that you can't actually touch :p and you can't "roll" it, you have to give the whole thing space to spin. Which is part of why it is dumb.

On one hand I do think fidget spinners are kind of silly. On the other hand, I do have a worry ring I kind of like, so uh... you do you, I guess.

GasBandit

Staff member
On one hand I do think fidget spinners are kind of silly. On the other hand, I do have a worry ring I kind of like, so uh... you do you, I guess.
At least the worry ring is small and unobtrusive. There hasn't been a nationwide epidemic of kids disrupting class with worry rings (or fidget cubes) while using claims of ADHD of varying levels of validity as a shield.

I had one of those d20 rings (until I gained weight and it doesn't fit right now), and being able to spin it with my thumb kept me from picking at my fingers. I have a fidget cube, but it's not the same. I've been thinking about getting a fidget pen. Maybe at DCC this year I'll look into getting a bigger dice ring.

I have a fidget spinner.

I took it to work. I gave it a good hard spin right when one of the IT guys said "Those things are obnoxious." He looked at it spinning for a good long time, so I said "You want to spin it, don't you?" He shamefully admitted that he did ;)

I brought in a fidget spinner to work today just to mess with the grumpy curmudgeon.[DOUBLEPOST=1497631200,1497631085][/DOUBLEPOST]2 3 5 9 17 33

GasBandit

Staff member
Texas Lottery just tried to buy a roadblock at a location where no station, anywhere, ever has a commercial break. 11:11am. Radio stations try to never have commercials in the first 15 minutes of any hour, because Arbitron calculations for an hour's listenership heavily weight the first 15 minutes. So I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.