Ok, I had the opportunity to go to Carl's Jr. on the drive back from Austin today (ate at the one in Bastrop).

It's not as awesome as it used to be, but the double western bacon cheeseburger is still probably one of the top 5 chain burgers out there.[DOUBLEPOST=1496634563,1496634439][/DOUBLEPOST]
And I see why! But sadly, even if I had had a few hours unaccounted for that could have served to meet up for lunch somewhere in Firestone, I didn't have a car, and I bet a 30 mile Uber and back might have been... exorbitant.

Gah, no thanks. Seeing all the manbuns and skinnybeards at the concert almost made me want to put on a MAGA hat just to make their heads pop. Which could have been dangerous, seeing as how basically the entire time, Waters was working the crowd into a big, frothy, anti-Trump frenzy as hard as he possibly could.
The biggest issue really is that we have one car right now so if I want the car because my kids have places to be, I'm also beholdento my husband's work schedule. Basically what I'm saying is, having one car when your life is scheduled around having two sucks.

GasBandit

Staff member
The biggest issue really is that we have one car right now so if I want the car because my kids have places to be, I'm also beholdento my husband's work schedule. Basically what I'm saying is, having one car when your life is scheduled around having two sucks.
Well, hopefully it will not be my last or longest trip to Colorado this year, and maybe I can swing by and horrify your family in person next time. Of course, that depends on how big a shitfire I walk in to tomorrow at work.

First things first: y'all need to do something about your country station's website. That photo of Carrie Underwood makes her look like Kelly Clarkson.

GasBandit

Staff member
First things first: y'all need to do something about your country station's website. That photo of Carrie Underwood makes her look like Kelly Clarkson.
This is what happens when your owner refuses to pay money for web development. But who knows, maybe it was on purpose to make Carly look better (not that Carly isn't attractive).

But if I had my druthers, it'd be Sara Underwood up there :D

GasBandit

Staff member
My car was rifled through twice last week - once over memorial day weekend, and then again the wednesday night before I left for my trip. Nothing was taken, just, you know, my paperwork and stuff was left out on the seats.

But here's the funny part -

That Creative Zen Micro was still in the car both times. They didn't even think THAT was worth taking.

fade

Staff member
"Creative Zen Micro" is like your "Lightly Fried Fish Fillets".

figmentPez

Staff member
Someone I know through church sent me a link to like the Facebook page for, apparently, t-shirt designs they're selling and this was the first image...

NO, just... NO. It's like Rule 63 Mr. Popo. This is so wrong....

fade

Staff member
That's exactly what happened to mine a few years ago. Left it a mess, but nothing taken. Wife said they were probably looking for prescription drugs.

Someone here might know this. Google has not been my friend.

I once had a 1960s era illustrated book on aviation and aeronautics. IIRC it was written for a high school age audience. It was missing the cover, so I don't have the title or author. But two sections stand out. One was about Mel Apt's fatal test flight of the Bell X-2, and the other was how at the right speed and altitude, one could eject over New York and land in Los Angeles.

fade

Staff member
I am the wondrous wizard of Latin! I am a dervish of declension and a conjurer of conjugation! With a million hit points and maximum charisma!

I no longer support green energy. I was stuck on a 2 lane road in East Texas behind three blades from a wind turbine.

The speed limit was 75mph, but these city block long trucks could only make about 50mph.

It was a beautiful drive, except for the ass hat in the full sized truck tail-gating me. It is like what part of 3, 100 foot long trucks did this guy not get? No one is going to pass, especially not a slow sack of shit that guy was driving.

Dave

Staff member
Which could have been dangerous, seeing as how basically the entire time, Waters was working the crowd into a big, frothy, anti-Trump frenzy as hard as he possibly could.
Wait. You went to go see Roger Waters in concert?!? You mother fucker. I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan and I've never been able to see any of them in concert. You've made an enemy today, my friend. My envy knows no bounds.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait. You went to go see Roger Waters in concert?!? You mother fucker. I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan and I've never been able to see any of them in concert. You've made an enemy today, my friend. My envy knows no bounds.
Don't hang out in the "New Pictures Thread" much do ya? :p

And the show was REALLY GOOD.

Dave

Staff member
No, I hadn't gone there for a few days. Been a busy few days - movie night with the son, gaming all day one day, and a comedy gig outside of town that took the whole day.

I've seen Dark Side of the Moon with flying pig, and I've seen his full production of The Wall.

I like making enemies.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've seen Dark Side of the Moon with flying pig, and I've seen his full production of The Wall.

I like making enemies.
He had the Flying Pig drone have Trump's face painted on the side.

During "Money" the wall projection behind him at a constant montage of lamentable Trump quotes.

During "Dark Side of the Moon" laser projectors created a gigantic four-sided pyramid over the audience and fired yet more lasers in a rainbow of colors through it while pink confetti rained down from the ceiling, each single piece of confetti printed with the word "resist" on it.

I guess you could kind of say there was a theme to the night.

Last edited:
I saw Dark Side of the Moon during the GWB administration, so there was a similar theme. Since the concert was in an amphitheater, the pig was a prop using tethers. Then they let it go. And it crossed the flight path of DFW.

GasBandit

Staff member
I saw Dark Side of the Moon during the GWB administration, so there was a similar theme. Since the concert was in an amphitheater, the pig was a prop using tethers. Then they let it go. And it crossed the flight path of DFW.
Ha ha ha ha, whooooops. Maybe that's part of why he performed in the Pepsi Center this time. Nice and safe domed stadium for piggies (and reflective silver spheres) to fly in :p

figmentPez

Staff member
So, sometimes D&D campaigns have pop-culture references....

If a cleric of the Lord of Murder were to cosplay from Beauty and the Beast, would that make them the Belle of the Bhaal?