Dave

Staff member
Okay so Roger Waters has released his new album, "Is This the Life We Really Want?" and there's this really nice song on it called "Wait For Her" - music and lyrics by Roger Waters. Only the lyrics are very, VERY close to a Palestinian poet, Mahmoud Darwish.

Here's the Roger Waters lyrics:

"Wait For Her"

Will a glass inlaid with gemstones
On a pool around the evening
Among the perfumed roses
Wait for her

With the patience of a packhorse
Loaded for the mountains
Like a stoic, noble prince
Wait for her

With seven pillows laid out on the stair
The scent of womens' incense fills the air
Be calm, and wait for her

And do not flush the sparrows that are nesting in her braids
All along the barricades
Wait for her

And if she comes soon
Wait for her

And if she comes late
Wait

Let her be still
As a summer afternoon
A garden in full bloom

Let her breathe in the air
That is foreign to her heart
Let her lips part
Wait for her

Take her to the balcony
See the moon soaked in milk
Hear the rustle of her silk
Wait for her

Don't let your eyes alight upon
The twin doves of her breast
Lest they take flight
Wait for her

And if she comes soon
Wait for her

And if she comes late
Wait, wait

Serve her water before wine
Do not touch her hand
Let your fingertips
Rest at her command

Speak softly as a flute would
To a fearful violin
Breathe out
Breathe in

And as the echo fades
From that final fusillade
Remember the promises you made

Here's the poem by Darwish:

Wait for her - Mahmoud Darwish

With an azure drinking cup studded with lapis, wait for her
In the evening at the spring, among perfumed roses, wait for her
With the patience of a horse trained for mountains, wait for her
With the distinctive, aesthetic taste of a prince, wait for her
With seven pillows stuffed with light clouds, wait for her
With strands of womanly incense wafting, wait for her
With the manly scent of sandalwood on horseback, wait for her
Wait for her and do not rush.

If she arrives late, wait for her.
If she arrives early, wait for her.
Do not frighten the birds in her braided hair.
Wait for her to sit in a garden at the peak of its flowering.
Wait for her so that she may breathe this air, so strange to her heart.
Wait for her to lift her garment from her calf, cloud by cloud.
And wait for her.

Take her to the balcony to watch the moon drowning in milk.
Wait for her and offer her water before wine.
Do not glance at the twin partridges sleeping on her chest.
Wait and gently touch her hand as she sets a cup on marble.
As if you are carrying the dew for her, wait.
Speak to her as a flute would to a frightened violin string,
as if you knew what tomorrow would bring.
Wait, and polish the night for her ring by ring.
Wait for her until Night speaks to you thus:
There is no one alive but the two of you.
So take her gently to the death you so desire,
and wait.

GasBandit

Staff member
Soooo Gander Mountain is going out of business.... so if you need outdoorsy shit, this is your chance to get it on the cheap. I might swing by and see what the discount is on .22LR.

GasBandit

Staff member
The whole chain? They JUST opened a huge one by me.
I smell a complete liquidation. Signs went up on all the stores in may, and the new ownership CLAIMED they wanted to keep some of them open (Including College Station) but I just got sent an ad script to produce that seems to contradict that.

They're liquidating the old stock on hand. New owners are going to keep many of the stores open (including the one here in Central WI), but with different branded items.

GasBandit

Staff member
They're liquidating the old stock on hand. New owners are going to keep many of the stores open (including the one here in Central WI), but with different branded items.
Yeah, supposedly (as I said) the College Station one is to be kept open as well, but I just finished cutting the Liquidation Sale commercial. It goes on the air tomorrow.

That said, the "big savings" are "20 to 50 percent off" everything...

That doesn't smell like a real liquidation. Those are usually 50-75% off.

The one by my work keeps upping the percentage. I'm guessing they still have some time before it really closes. Firearms are still only 15% off though.

You ever find that one tool that just seems to know what you want to do, and you're just along for the ride? I seem to have found that relationship with my Ahab pen. Almost without trying, I wind up with my best looking handwriting. Sometimes it feels like the pen has taken over and it's moving my hand instead of the other way 'round. I'll pick up another pen and with the same movements, can't replicate the results. It's weird and awesome at the same time.

And I'm certain that if I bought another Ahab or three, none would behave as well as this one. :p

You ever find that one tool that just seems to know what you want to do, and you're just along for the ride? I seem to have found that relationship with my Ahab pen. Almost without trying, I wind up with my best looking handwriting. Sometimes it feels like the pen has taken over and it's moving my hand instead of the other way 'round. I'll pick up another pen and with the same movements, can't replicate the results. It's weird and awesome at the same time.

And I'm certain that if I bought another Ahab or three, none would behave as well as this one. :p
Either that or the Ahab pen is a horcrux.

What type of nib do you use? I like the extra fine the most. I really want this pen, but can't justify dropping almost 300 on it https://www.gouletpens.com/visconti...6sffdt9erfhy8s0vjssy-nnkali0e_f_nyxocpr3w_wcb

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AFAIK, the Ahab is a fine when unflexed. The Diamond 580 is a fine, the Jinhaos (159 & X750) are medium except for the fine I put in the red pen, and the 9128 in the Esterbrook is an extra fine flex.
Best part about fountain pens is people don't "understand them" so I don't have to loan people pens lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The Denny's restaurants around here have billboards that say, "Pancakes so fluffy, you'll need longer forks." These are not pictures I need to see on my way to work after I miss breakfast.

--Patrick

Just bought my first 100+ (and my 2nd ever) fountain pen. A Lamy 2000. Should be here on Monday.