Not just Buffalo, but the southtowns are a completely different animal from the civilized parts of the city.
You called Buffalo civilized. Then again, Buffalo now is a completely different beast from when I last lived around there 13 years ago. I'm still shocked every time I go back to visit my family.

Have you ever posted something here, had a bunch of people click "I get that reference", and wonder what the hell you just made a reference to? Happened to me several times now.
This happens to me all the time. Sometimes my brain just automatically puns and I don't even realize.
"Heidi, Heidi Hooters! Queen of the big brassiere."
I was going to continue the parody.
I had no idea there were so many verses to this.

--Patrick

This doesn't really matter, but I'm feeling affectionate and I just wanted to say that I really do love you guys a great deal.

I know I'm not around as much as I used to be, but you guys aren't ever far from my thoughts and I love you. I really really do. And @figmentPez is one of my favorite people, I adore him.

Thanks for making this place my home away from home you fools. :heart:

Because my handwriting isn't good enough for it's own thread... :p

(The Ahab is made of vegetal resin, which has a very... unique... smell. It puts a lot of people off.)

Because my handwriting isn't good enough for it's own thread... :p

(The Ahab is made of vegetal resin, which has a very... unique... smell. It puts a lot of people off.)
I love that it's in cursive!! I still write in cursive a lot of the time even though most people tell me not to.

I'm kind of turned on by the pen and ink, not gonna lie.

I love that it's in cursive!! I still write in cursive a lot of the time even though most people tell me not to.

I'm kind of turned on by the pen and ink, not gonna lie.
I refilled my pens after about a year and a half set aside just after I had that tooth out. It lit the fires again, and I've been filling up the pages ever since. Started hanging out on the Fountain Pen Network forums again, and bought a new clutch of pens and inks. It's been fun to watch my handwriting steadily improve over the last couple of months. :D

Company higher-up: "Hey, we got an applicant for a Chinese-to-English editor position in the company, and she did a translation and editing test. Have a look, will you?"

Me: (after taking a look at her test) "Her translation and editing skills are completely insufficient. She's got grammatical errors everywhere, and there are many misspelled words, which means she's either a bad speller or she's careless, both of which are not acceptable as an editor. I do not think we should hire this person."

Company higher-up: "Have I mentioned she's hot? Here's her photo."

Me: "Now hang on, I may have been a bit hasty earlier... on-the-job training is a thing, so we could bring her up to the required standard, and we do have a shortage of editors right now..."