The not-so-serious but I want to rant thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting over it. It's no secret that she dumped me rather than talk about some issues, so the only people who think I'm a deadbeat are people I either A) will never meet B) do not like anyhow.

Truthfully, I'm more embarrassed at myself for trusting that she had more emotional maturity than she did, but that's an entire other kettle of fish.

C

crono1224

Alright so I am signing up for the military, currently talking to navy recruiter. So before everything really gets going such as MEPS I need to turn in Operative Reports for the surgeries I have had. Only problem? I have had over 20 surgeries and only have about 5 of the reports because there was no reason to get them at the time, and some of the surgeries are ~24 years ago (7 days after i was born was my first surgery). The big thing is I have to go to 2 hospitals to get the records, and it cost between 10-20$ just to get them to get the documents, and then ~1.00$ per page (each report is about 1-2 pages). So now I am going to owe around 50$.

Cajungal

Staff member
Son of a bitch... I wasn't sure at first but now I'm positive. My goddamn coworker just crop dusted my side of the office! Gross... *leaves for 5 minutes*

Minor manbaww, working on getting over it at my own pace...

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Pour them into something you love, art, music, etc? Thats what I usually do.
This is true! Whenever I have weird feelnigs like tat, I try to hold onto them as long as I can, for the most "productivity", for lack of a better word.

E

Element 117

Write your feelings out on paper Staple those pieces of paper to random people. Then burn, bury, or shoot those pieces of paper. It might not help your feelings, but it will certainly create distractions.

I'm an idiot. My girlfriend told me this morning to think about this weekend's plans. In the afternoon I wanted to comment them with her but she wouldn't answer at the messages I've been sending her through google talk for about an hour and a half (which is not normal). I left the university for home and I texted her to see if she wanted to meet me on my way home when she got out of work, but she didn't answer. I texted again, 'are you ok?'. I made her phone ring then hung up so she would see the texts. Nothing... When I was about to take the train home (which would mean I left the city and wouldn't be able to meet her) I called her. She told me she couldn't meet, but she was... short? brusque? Neither of us like to talk over the phone so it wasn't that strange, but I wondered if she was angry at me or something.

I texted her that she got on the internets when she got home to talk about the weekend plans. After dinner, I waited. I figured she would be having dinner, a little later than me, so I didn't call her. I waited more, I dunno, I thought maybe she was angry so I didn't want to call her. I was also very nervous because my mom is on the verge of a nervous breakdown today and of course I get some of that. Finally I drop called her (I let the phone ring once or twice then hung) to remind her, but my phone did something weird and I think she didn't recieve the call. I waited 20 more minutes and did so again... And she texted me 'Sorry! I forgot about you and I'm already in bed :S What did we have to talk about?'. 'Mostly *this* (part of our plans that I wanted her opinion on)', I said. 'Oh, do whatever you want. Love you, goodnight'

Augh! I felt so... neglected? and the worst thing is that it's all my fault for assuming things and not saying what I think, which is the way our relationship works and is why it works well!! Stupid me! I almost cried...

EDIT: Wow, that's some rant...

My damn hot glue gun blew up right in front of me. All of a sudden, flames and smoke are coming out of the glue entry point and it went *woof!* That really sucked.

So now I have to go and get another hot glue gun. Blech.

If the girl I like, but has no interest in me, goes to the baseball practice of the guy she DOES like, and texts ME the whole time, am I being led on?

All I know is my heart says maybe.

You're the friend. Stick around or go away, but you're not going to be the guy she went to the game with.
This is a given and I'm [in the process of being] accepting of it.

But I wanna know what the fuck is with the casual flirting if that's the case.

For some women, it is the default setting. I'm sure it's something we've all dealt with at one time or another. Either continue on knowing that she isn't interested (this is what I did once, and it worked out fine ... but I wasn't very interested in her. Just a little), or if the flirting is too much put some distance there.

A lot of women are just being themselves and then get surprised when guys get on them with "leading" and "flirting". A close friend of mine has to deal with it a bit. I know her personality; I see these jackasses think she's in love with them or some stupid shit because she texts them or watches a movie with them. Then they get upset when the group is at a bar/club and she's dancing or making out with the one guy she's actually interested in, and they pull her aside from everyone later, demanding an explanation and how could she do this to them, and she had no idea they saw her that way or they thought she saw them that way, and wouldn't have hung out with them so casually had she known they were going to get all lovesick and jealous when they have no place being that way.

Not saying either of you does that, but it's really fucking annoying to watch guys hover around a friend like asteroids with a superiority complex who then crash when they realize, no, she didn't feel that way about them, never did, never will, otherwise she would've made it actually fucking obvious instead of "oh, she's throwing out hints and signs because we talk on the phone or have dinner at her place sometimes like she does with every friend, male, female, straight, gay, whatever" followed by "She's with another guy, doing exactly like she does with me, except she kisses him and he spends the night having sex with her BETRAYAL!!!!"

So I am spending the afternoon organizing my D&D stuff , and remark to my wife that the average crit damage for my +2 vicious falchion on average does an amount equal to the maximum damage for a routine +3 weapon.

She said that I was such a geek for looking up min max and averaging tables. I said in a scoff that I don't need tables.

Her response?

On round 3 of listening to it...

I woke up at about 8 am, hung over as all hell. I got like 4 ish hours of sleep on basically the floor because all my furniture is already moved out. My landlord (lady) said she would show up at either 9 or 10. It's the last day of my lease and while I don't have THAT much left, I had enough to pack up and throw out to make a day of it. So I'm trying to get myself back to full health and also clean my place out 100% which is something I never really consider. I mean, there's clean, really clean, and moved out.

So I work for a bit but I feel so shitty I just run a semi cold bath and just sit there for a while. My land lady lord comes over as I'm soaking, so I have to cut it shorter than I'd like.

So we work for a while, and she's really helpful, which I was grateful for. While I was throwing stuff out of my room, she packed my glasses away.

Things go pretty well, but the people who are moving in next had to come over and put their stuff in the living room. So I'm moving stuff out and they're moving things in. It was kind of hectic and I didn't get around to eating anything until about 3.

I finally get it all down and in my car except for a few things, which basically boiled down to having to pick what got the last spot in my car and what got left behind. The George Forman grill which I never used and the cooler lost. My roommate will get them as gifts of sorts. My car has just no more room in it.

I was so tiered while driving I pulled over at a rest stop to take a nap. I woke up sweating my ass off when officer Charon called me. I probably could have slept there all night. I'm grateful though because I really want to get home. I'm typing this on my iPhone from the rest stop restroom. The toilet is an auto flush and flushes whenever I move a bit.

In 15 minutes it'll be my birthday. I want my halbucks, dammit.

At my grandmother's place last week I wrote an average of 1500-2000 words a day. I came home, and haven't written more than 500 in a week.

Clearly, if I want to make some serious progress, I need to find a place to retreat to. The desk in my bedroom simply does not cut it.

I keep thinking with another half day or so to myself I can get some sketching done and get re-acquainted with my Wacom tablet. Problem is I just don't have the inspiration I used to. The last decent idea I had (Star Wars mixed with Warhammer 40k) was, as I remembered about 40 seconds after the idea, something I had already seen on another website I had been browsing.

So my parents are going holding my sister's baby shower, which is this Saturday, at their house. They decided this because my sister had planned to throw herself one and what she planned for it was tacky as hell. My sister's guest list included about 50 people (ugh), and my mother sent out RSVP's to have them call her house so she would know how many were actually going to come and could plan accordingly. As of Friday, only five people had called my mother to RSVP. Then my sister visits her today and tells her "Oh, they've all been calling me, and I have about 65 people that say they're coming."

SERIOUSLY?! FOR A FUCKING BABY SHOWER?! I realize it might seem like a special moment to my sister, but come on! I always thought of showers as small, intimate gatherings of relatives and your closest friends. Not everyone you might possibly be aquainted with! So now my mother is stressing out because she has to plan for 70 people to be in her house with less than a week to go. My brother and I are going to be helping my dad get the backyard in adequate condition, and I'll be helping to clean the inside as well. But when my mom stresses, we all will be feeling it. This will not be fun at all.

Man, I hate huge parties! And the worse thing of all of this is that I KNOW my sister will not be grateful in the least about how much work her family is putting into this for her!

M

makare

I found out from my friend who recently got a job at the high school we both attended that my physics, chem and AP bio teacher retired this year. That made me so sad. He was an amazing teacher. How else could someone like me who got Fs in math get As and Bs in science? He was the teacher that encouraged me to go into genetics which I had a great passion for. I chose to pursue criminal justice instead, which I was also passionate about, but it meant a lot that he was willing to be my reference and support me

That isn't what really bothers me, though, it's that he feels that he wasted his life focusing on his teaching career. He doesn't have a very close relationship with his own children and in a way he sacrificed that for a relationship with a thousand students. Im sorry that he feels it was a waste. I don't think it was and none of this student who loved him think so either.

(I also love him because he didnt give me and my two friends detention that time he walked into the classroom to find us helping Brittany fix her snappy panties.

I guess it wouldn't have mattered I had detention all the time anyway, but I still appreciate it)

B

Biardo

shit shit shit!

I saved my thesis wrong and now I'll have to do 30 pages again, it's due Friday

SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.