The not-so-serious but I want to rant thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke up with a good woman this weekend. She had the personality traits that I like in a woman. But I just did not click with her "romantically." I could have kept on dating her, but she is kinda innocent. She deserved a guy that loves her first before sex enters into the relationship. I kinda feel like an idiot for doing it. I am a lonely dude, now I don't even have some one to watch crappy movies with.

Dave

Staff member
You're a better man for doing it now than waiting until later. A lot of people would have pussed out and waited until it was almost too late and hurt her badly.

Hell, I know someone who got married feeling that way!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

(No, not me.)

M

makare

goddamn it! I snagged my pinkie toe on something in the living room causing me to fall forward into a shelf. I thought everything was fine but apparently I have cut open the bottom underneath the toe. It hurts really bad. Now Im in pain AND pissed off because my mom and sister woke me up for what amounted to no reason.

That's lame. And of course if it's underneath then it's painful to walk for a few days. That's less than good.

Rant: I can't sleep. I've never been able to sleep very well but every night lately is nightmares that wake me and then keep me up for the rest of the night. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

The landlord called last night to say he needed to do some annual maintenance on our fridge and was coming over tomorrow. Now the place was a bit of a mess becuase me and my brother where busy for the past 2 weekends and didn't get a chance to clean yet. So last night we had to clean the place. Normally that would not be to bad except it was right after work and I was extremely tired and my brother was not feeling well so it took forever to get the place cleaned and I ended up not being able to go to bed until 2:00 a.m. :(

Dave

Staff member
I got passed over for the promotion I was going for. Part of me is okay with it because the guy who got it definitely deserved it, but I also feel that I never got a chance to deserve it. Every time I tried to do something I got hamstrung by the same manager who hired me while telling me I had carte blanche to do what I wanted to set this department up. I was stuck on a completely different floor of the building, separated from everyone I should have had interaction with and was so out of the loop on everything that I found out things directly related to my job through second-hand sources or even rumors. Meanwhile the other guy with less schooling and experience sat right next to my boss, went to lunch with the VP and will now be my boss.

Part of me is upset and part of me accepts it. At least this guy will listen to me when I say the way I think things should be.

One of the ladies I've been working with in my beat was found murdered in her home yesterday. I'd been trying to help her get her adult son evicted, because he's a piece of shit. If he wasn't in jail right now, I'd put it on him.

This lady was trying so hard to get her life straight - when dipshit wasn't there, here house was full of antique furniture and crockery, but when he was around, everything was destroyed. And now she's not going to be able to see it through.

*sigh*

One of the ladies I've been working with in my beat was found murdered in her home yesterday. I'd been trying to help her get her adult son evicted, because he's a piece of shit. If he wasn't in jail right now, I'd put it on him.

This lady was trying so hard to get her life straight - when dipshit wasn't there, here house was full of antique furniture and crockery, but when he was around, everything was destroyed. And now she's not going to be able to see it through.

*sigh*
Jesus, that's rough brother.

Fucking fuck.
I feel like shit. Sore throat, headache, running nose, weary eyes, so tired, sooo much work... I just wanna go home ; _ ;

Sorry guys... didn't mean to be a drama llama... it's just been on my mind since I found out about it, and I keep wondering, even though I KNOW there's nothing I could have done, that if I'd been able to follow up if something might have been different.

This doesn't count as being a drama llama. This is a real issue. I'm so sorry, OC. :(
What she said. Don't let punks tell you stuff isn't serious. There are some assholes out there I'm sure would hear the most awful thing happen to someone, then see the person sad and tell them to quit being emo. Being human is not being emo. Emo is writing poetry while staring at the rain while mourning your life because your mom told you to clean your room. What's going on with you is a real thing.

Yeah, if something in this thread DOES NOT qualify as being a "drama llama" is this.
I'm really sorry, OC, I can imagine the frustration =/

OC: man, i don't know what to say.

Hunster: if it was deserved, you just did your job and should not feel bad at all.

The person brought it on herself, you did not.

There are some people on my faceboo page that I want to iht repeatedly with a tire iron. Their statuses make me groan, or growl, or gag. I can't remove them though.

THEY'RE FAMILY.

I'm ashamed to be related to some of these ass holes.

M

makare

I started my day with a flat tire. It makes me angry but at least I was able to take my stepdads vehicle. It all worked so I guess I can't complain. Sigh.

Dave

Staff member
Let's see...

My brand new mower (used once) started spewing oil. They won't take it back because they said I hit something. So my yard looks like a fucking jungle.
My furnace caught on fire and we not only went a day and a half without AC during a heat wave, but then we had to have it replaced.
Our hot water heater broke. I have someone coming to take a look at it today.
I have a wedding to DJ this weekend and my wife threw away all my information. I have to call the bride tonight and get it all again.
My sister had her accident.
I had to get more insurance due to my kids starting to drive. To the tune of $500 a month.
I had to pay $900 yesterday to bring my mortgage back to current.*
I have 2 bills due and they are both shutoffs. I have the money for neither until next week when Kerri gets paid.
Sammi starts school and we had to spend a metric fuckton of money for supplies/lunch/extracurriculars/pictures/yearbook/etc.
I got passed over for promotion at work and was basically told that I have no chance at the Directorship I was implicitly promised.

In and of themselves these things can be handled individually with no problem. Given to me all in a one week time span and I want to curl up into a tiny ball and wait until the world goes away.

*Even though that sucked it does mean I am out of foreclosure and on the plus side of the credit reporting on this at least.

**Addendum - This is not a call for money and I won't accept any. I get to vent, too.

E

Element 117

DAVE: If you don't want to accept $$, that's cool, but don't be afraid to put the forum on pause to ease the bills. We will all soldier on, etc

#Unsolicited

Dave

Staff member
$164.67 to tell me he couldn't help me because:

1) We need a new kitchen faucet.
2) We need a new tub.

This, by the way, is due to the house's previous owners using all copper plumbing in the walls and steel where it was visible.

Yippee fucking yahoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.