Export thread

The not-so-serious but I want to rant thread.

Limit: 500

Dave

Dave

I just went to the bathroom. I wanted to do it about 10 minuted earlier but my daughter was in there so I couldn't. Finally she comes out & I'm doing the dance of yellow death so I hurry in, barely closing the door before I whip it out to go. I get the lid up and start a steady stream when the fucking cat jumps out of the tub where he was getting a drink of water, scaring the shit out of me. Not literally of course, but I jumped.

Now sometimes when you jump nothing happens. This time, however, I accidentally let go and suddenly it was like a loose fire hose in the bathroom. I finally got it shut off but the damage was done. The toilet, the floor, my shoes. All wet.

The only good part? The fucking cat got it, too.

That's my rant. I would have put it in the other thread but after Fade and Tin I didn't feel it was rant-worthy.

makare

yay.....

Last night some jackass decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich at 3 AM. He burned it causing the smoke detector to go off. We all had to stand outside in the snow while the fire department took care of things.

Not good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:pound:

Oh, Dave.

Dave

Dave

The things I tell you people.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Dammit, Dave... You almost killed me with laughter - well, the laughter-induced lung-wrenching coughing fit, actually.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The things I tell you people.
Seriously, Turbo.

Baerdog

Baerdog

This afternoon at work I went to the bathroom to take a poo. The turd was actually standing/floating vertically in the toilet. It was truly the highlight of my work day just because I'd never seen crap do that before.

makare

And it all began with... "Good news, everyone!"

Andromache

Hotshot, eh?

Move over Frosty Susan

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hotshot, eh?

Move over Frosty Susan
HAH!

your avatar is scary

Dave

Dave

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

My cheese is missing.

This is serious.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Okay, I'm gonna say it, get ready to groan in disgust:

Dave always knows how to get that pussy wet!

I'm sorry.

Gusto

Gusto

My hips are itchy. :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl:

Three words in this thread's future: Hall of fame.

Andromache

Okay, I'm gonna say it, get ready to groan in disgust:

Dave always knows how to get that pussy wet!

I'm sorry.
oh gods I laughed.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My hips are itchy. :(
Itchy hips? I'm afraid it's leprosy. You have to move to an island with other fall-aparty people.

Gusto

Gusto

God damnit every damn time.

Cajungal

Cajungal

ALWAYS with the leprosy!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

ALWAYS with the leprosy![/QUOTE]

Never Lupus!

I'm sorry Kriskin, that's your line. Here, I'll step aside and let the expert say it.

Gusto

Gusto

I've had leprosy like 6 times, which is more than I can count on both hands.

Dave

Dave

He hates the leprosy jokes.

They make him lose face.

David

David

I agreed to give an acquaintance rides home after class in exchange for him chipping in a few bucks for gas money. Good god is he a back-seat driver. Worse than my mother.

Andromache

more like this

makare

Man our school's spring formal,The Barristers Ball, has just been announced for the 27th but that is only like 2 weeks away. That sucks planningwise. grrrr

figmentPez

figmentPez

There is a strange cat hanging around in our front yard, bothering our cats. He won't leave, even though we've tried blasting him with a squirt gun.

Dave, could you come pee on him?

Dave

Dave

There is a strange cat hanging around in our front yard, bothering our cats. He won't leave, even though we've tried blasting him with a squirt gun.

Dave, could you come pee on him?
I charge extra for strange pussy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh:

Null

Null

How much does Crimmy's wife pay you?

Andromache

OT: There's plenty I could put in this thread to rant about, but not a damned one of them deserves the effort considering how fortunate I am, so I'll just say this: There's this forumite I have a crush on...but they don't even know I'm alive, you know?

damn I miss the alcohol.

Chazwozel

yay.....

Last night some jackass decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich at 3 AM. He burned it causing the smoke detector to go off. We all had to stand outside in the snow while the fire department took care of things.

Not good.
Why's he a jackass? Cause he accidentally burned his food?

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

OT: There's plenty I could put in this thread to rant about, but not a damned one of them deserves the effort considering how fortunate I am, so I'll just say this: There's this forumite I have a crush on...but they don't even know I'm alive, you know?

damn I miss the alcohol.
Yes, we know you're in love with Shego...

Disconnected

thank you halforums for making me laugh. out loud even. while working late so I can hear my echo. And dave, you will be the happiest and saddest when that girl moves out. Your daughter that is.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

How much does Crimmy's wife pay you?
You incredible lying bastard!

Null

Null

That much, eh? Well, Dave's gotta keep that mortgage paid somehow.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'm just saying, it's not strange is all.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

When you need something pissed on, call on Dave. (All expenses must be paid for: i.e., food, traveling, room and board, beverages necessary to perform task, self-cleaning supplies, change of clothes, and possible hospital bills.)

makare

Don't pick on Dave.

He is such a good little boy. He deserves pastry... and soap for his bad, naughty, foul language.

Null

Null

I'm just saying, it's not strange is all.
It's not strange to pay another man to wet your wife's kitty? And it involves micturation?

I didn't know you were German.

Wasabi Poptart

Just one trickle away from incontinence. Dave's headed for the nursing home soon.

Kitty Sinatra

So am I. Tomorrow, in fact.

Well, a nurse's home, anyway. :unibrow:

Andromache

When you need something pissed on, call on Dave. (All expenses must be paid for: i.e., food, traveling, room and board, beverages necessary to perform task, self-cleaning supplies, change of clothes, and possible hospital bills.)[/QUOTE]

this forum should have a warning: don't read threads while drinking soda.

Also, be careful not to piss off Dave....

http://halforums.wikidot.com/dave

phil

phil

or he'll piss on you?
You know, for a while I've been thinking that this forum has been lacking two things:

1) a thread to rant in for the minor things in life

2) someone to be the R. Kelly of the forum.

This thread delivers both.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Not only did we need a thread for this, but it's also really funny! Good job, Dave! I would shake your hand, but...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Just bought a new toothbrush. What ever happened to ones with small heads? The one I ended up buying that seems big enough to brush down a horse. I keep causing a gag reflex when I try to clean my back teeth....

fade

fade

Have you ever had a booger so irritating and so unresponsive to blowing that you just say, "Screw it" and jam your finger up there? And did you ever turn around with the results of your mining operation on your finger only to be staring directly into the eyes of a horrified grad student?

Well I haven't, you weirdos. I pick in private.

Chazwozel

Have you ever had a booger so irritating and so unresponsive to blowing that you just say, "Screw it" and jam your finger up there? And did you ever turn around with the results of your mining operation on your finger only to be staring directly into the eyes of a horrified grad student?

Fuck that noise. I'll pick that fucker right out and stare at it while proclaiming victory! Nothing is more satisfying than prying out on of those dry fuckers that literally cause your eyes to well up from poking your nose.

Same goes for particularly deep zits, when you feel all that shit grid its way out of your skin with so much explosive force it sails and splats right into the bathroom mirror. Awww yeah. While we're on completely gross - yet satisfying - body grooming events, don't you just love the feel you get after taking a crap where you could swear it was the size of a football? I love the instant feeling of being 5 lbs lighter.

Hylian

Hylian

:laugh: thanks Dave I needed a good laugh this morning

Jake

Jake

There's this forumite I have a crush on...but they don't even know I'm alive, you know?
It's cool, baby.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

While we're on completely gross - yet satisfying - body grooming events...
I've aways found most body grooming activities to be pretty satisfying.

Null

Null

I could have sworn Sheki knew Crone was alive...

General Specific

General Specific

What's the use in mining gold if you can't share it with the townspeople?

Jay

Jay

Man old people have no bladder control.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

We could call this the "whine" thread.

Null

Null

That would necessitate a "cheeze" thread, wouldn't it?

Andromache

There's this forumite I have a crush on...but they don't even know I'm alive, you know?
It's cool, baby.[/QUOTE]

I.... just thought... oh, I should have said so that night in Yarina... *sobs*

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

For some reason lately, whenever someone posts a sound on a page, I can no longer see the rest of the page after that post unless I log in and hit "Reply to Thread" to see it. No clue why my computer decided to be a punk about this.

General Specific

General Specific

mine was doing that too, but only in IE. i even went and updated IE to the latest version. I then loaded up Firefox and there's no longer an issue.

Wahad

Wahad

Damnit, sometimes I hate not being able to whistle.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Did a hot woman just cross your path?

Followup question: Are you a construction worker?

phil

phil

Did a hot woman just cross your path?

Followup question: Are you a construction worker?
Everyone knows a simple "hummina hummina hummina" or "helloooooo nurse" or honking the nearest car horn or loudly talking about how rich and endowed you are, are all much better ways to get a woman to suddenly want to sleep with you.

It's like in the bible or something.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ahhh, the book of Getsomeani

Wahad

Wahad

I'll have to answer both those questions with no, CJ. It was just an observation.

phil

phil

"and Adam asked onto Eve 'can I getteth some fries with thine shake?' and the Lord saw that it was good, reeeaallll good."

Cajungal

Cajungal

"and Adam asked onto Eve 'can I getteth some fries with thine shake?' and the Lord saw that it was good, reeeaallll good."[/QUOTE]

Amen, Philip. Amen.

Null

Null

It's like that time Adam said "Thing I love 'bout Biblical chicks is that I get older, and they stay the same age, yes they do..."

phil

phil

pffffffft.

chicks man,

amirite?

Fuckin' yappin' all through the movie about their sorority shit.

Bubble181

Bubble181

One of my girlfriend's best friends is now together with a guy. Good for them. She says it's just a fling, nothing serious...So than, why have you already talked about your fertility problems and the fact that you don't menstruate? That's not the way I'd start off a one-night or short-term thing, is it? Stop kidding yourself.

Also: you're 26, don't menstruate, and you haven't been to a doctor about this? Good God, woman!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yikes, sounds like she should!

Oh MAN, Phil... I love going to the movies with my brother, because we both love to teach yappy people a lesson. If we're right behind giggly girls, we don't move or shush them like decent people. One time, Trey giggled along with them in this hilarious falsetto every time they talk. I just throw peanut M+Ms. I lob them really high in the air so it feels like they're coming from farther back. Somehow they learn that, when they're quiet, they're not assaulted by candy. We're a good team.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I once had a friend give two girls a dollar each right after a movie. He said it was unfair that he paid for a ticket, but neither of them got anything for narrating the entire damned thing.

Also: you're 26, don't menstruate, and you haven't been to a doctor about this? Good God, woman!
Dude, I would not hang around her without waders on. When she finally goes, she's taking the furniture with her. It's gonna be like the elevators in
The Shining. Yikes.

Kitty Sinatra

I once had a friend give two girls a dollar each right after a movie . . .
That story did not end the way I had hoped. :(

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

ous...So than, why have you already talked about your fertility problems and the fact that you don't menstruate? That's not the way I'd start off a one-night or short-term thing, is it?
It's actually mature to talk about protection and all that sort of stuff going on downstairs before you start humpin', imo.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, if they were discussing birth control methods, I can see where it would come up. If she were saying something like "If we wanted kids that might be a problem..." that would be strange.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I lost a dollar. Poop.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Go sit on a street corner in scraggly clothes for an hour with a sign that says "God Bless." :D

Calleja

Calleja

THE GIRL IN THE PIC DOESN'T LOOK TOO YOUNG TO BE ATTRACTIVE DAMMIT!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Calleja, I'm sure a lot of other guys here think the same thing... but they don't talk about it. Now why don't you rant about something safer like what's west of Acapulco?

Hylian

Hylian

Silly Mexican she is a kid!

Calleja

Calleja

THERE'S NOTHING FLOATING WEST OF ACAPULCO, DAMMIT!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

THERE'S NOTHING FLOATING WEST OF ACAPULCO, DAMMIT!!
:laugh: :hug: I love you, Fernando.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

THE GIRL IN THE PIC DOESN'T LOOK TOO YOUNG TO BE ATTRACTIVE DAMMIT!!
This happens to me all the time. Not the looking attractive, nor the looking too young, but the frustration of discovering this hot girl you have just seen is, in fact, terribly young...

Wasabi Poptart

I once had a friend give two girls a dollar each right after a movie. He said it was unfair that he paid for a ticket, but neither of them got anything for narrating the entire damned thing.

Dude, I would not hang around her without waders on. When she finally goes, she's taking the furniture with her. It's gonna be like the elevators in
The Shining. Yikes.
You have given me the biggest laugh so far today. :rofl:

Andromache

that trailer still scares me. More so now.

Null

Null

mine was doing that too, but only in IE. i even went and updated IE to the latest version. I then loaded up Firefox and there's no longer an issue.
Yeah, same here.

And Calleja, dude, she's obviously too young, just say something that can be safely agreed to like, "If I was that kid's age, I'd be doing the same thing", and let it go.

David

David

My keyboard is all sticky now :angry:

BECAUSE I SPILLED APPLE JUICE ON IT, DAMNIT, I SWEAR!

Calleja

Calleja

Now that I'm in a less wacky mood post-tattoo, I do have to say... I don't understand why just saying she's attractive is such a crucifixion-worthy thing, I'd obviously never do anything about it if she were indeed less than 18, that doesn't mean her physical traits aren't already developed precisely to cause a reaction in human males.

There's a reason the phrase "jail bait" exists. I would NOT do anything about it, but biological urges are there for evolutionary reasons.

Andromache

Sometimes, you just have to walk away. Which is what I'm going to do now.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Now that I'm in a less wacky mood post-tattoo, I do have to say... I don't understand why just saying she's attractive is such a crucifixion-worthy thing, I'd obviously never do anything about it if she were indeed less than 18, that doesn't mean her physical traits aren't already developed precisely to cause a reaction in human males.

There's a reason the phrase "jail bait" exists. I would NOT do anything about it, but biological urges are there for evolutionary reasons.
I never thought you were sick, sweet Calleja. We were all just messing with you. :hug: Now have a seat over there.

Wasabi Poptart

I never thought you were sick, sweet Calleja. We were all just messing with you. :hug: Now have a seat over there.[/QUOTE]

phil

phil

Man, I have one academic question that I'd need to ask a councilor and I think I may have to make an appointment and go in to ask it. That's going to be annoying.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I need to find a way to approach this woman at work...

and tell her to take the damn dead bird out of her truck's grill.

the dessicated remains have been there for over a month now.

fade

fade

I knew this kid named Bucky in high school who hit a bird like that and managed to preserve it there because he was so proud of it. He was in the "cool" clique, too, which made everyone idolize his rotting bird carcass.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I once hit a flock of birds. I came over a hill while going through Colorado, and there were about 50 birds on the other side of the hill. I hit at least 10 or 15 of them. It was pretty terrible. When I finally found a town with a car wash, folks were looking at my car like it was Christine or something. Poor little birds.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I once hit a flock of birds. I came over a hill while going through Colorado, and there were about 50 birds on the other side of the hill. I hit at least 10 or 15 of them. It was pretty terrible. When I finally found a town with a car wash, folks were looking at my car like it was Christine or something. Poor little birds.
And now, the BF1942 Players' guild attempts to recreate the Drawn Inward Bird Massacre -

(applause)

General Specific

General Specific

We had a change in the system at work. It changed how the users login to their systems. They are now verified with 2 programs instead of just 1 as it was previously. This has lead to tons of calls from people who can't access their systems and don't know why despite them having received 50 bajillion emails on it prior to the change, a mandatory "read, sign, & return to manager" sheet, and an error message on their screen telling them exactly what they need to do in order to have access again. They still call in to us and we have to check their systems and then tell them the same exact thing that they should have been aware of already a hundred times over.

I swear to <preferred deity>, just read a little. No one's asking you pea-brained morons to pick up a book, just read the simple instructions on the screen. It's not rocket surgery!

Gusto

Gusto

My nose is runny. :(

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

We had a change in the system at work. It changed how the users login to their systems. They are now verified with 2 programs instead of just 1 as it was previously. This has lead to tons of calls from people who can't access their systems and don't know why despite them having received 50 bajillion emails on it prior to the change, a mandatory "read, sign, & return to manager" sheet, and an error message on their screen telling them exactly what they need to do in order to have access again. They still call in to us and we have to check their systems and then tell them the same exact thing that they should have been aware of already a hundred times over.

I swear to <preferred deity>, just read a little. No one's asking you pea-brained morons to pick up a book, just read the simple instructions on the screen. It's not rocket surgery!
tl;dr called the help desk.

WolfOfOdin

Some jackass decided to pile a ton of books into an oddly beautiful tower today at work. As I stood there trying to decipher how to take it apart and re-shelve them....the books fell on me. Knowledge hurts :(

Andromache

tl;dr called the help desk.[/QUOTE]

oh Science! i just spilled coke everywhere laughing.

Covar

Covar

My work has been a half hour of [STRIKE]terror[/STRIKE]work, followed by 2 hours of boredom as I wait for my changes to take effect.

I could have gone home at 4, instead I have to sit here in my cube an extra hour staring out the 1ft bit of window I can see over the top of my cube. Stupid 70 degree weather. I WANT TO BE OUTSIDE!!!!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Man, some people. It's like, honestly,

Andromache

i hate having to let people on the property. upside, house passed inspection.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Man, I have one academic question that I'd need to ask a councilor and I think I may have to make an appointment and go in to ask it. That's going to be annoying.
Is it advisement time? I used to work in that exact office for 4 years. It's more annoying people just trying to walk in when there are hundreds of students trying to squeeze in at the last minute >:|

Denbrought

Denbrought

Some jackass decided to pile a ton of books into an oddly beautiful tower today at work. As I stood there trying to decipher how to take it apart and re-shelve them....the books fell on me. Knowledge hurts :(

Rob King

Rob King

A friend posted to facebook about an article he read positing that Depression has a positive intellectual evolutionary purpose.

I asked some questions, and generally disagreed.

Then another person piped in, an old classmate from school (who was an idiot even then) claiming that he, and anybody else who actually tried to, could meditate depression away. Both my friend and I disagreed with each-other, but also with him. The argument goes back and forth, and at a later point, this old classmate starts getting pretty off-track. Apparently we're both just regurgitating things we've heard and read, and neither of us has ever had an original thought for ourselves. The fact that I'm overweight is the basis for some supposed self-esteem issues, that lead me to try and sound smart on Facebook statuses. At the end of it, he tells us that even our use of long words betrays the fact that we basically masturbate to our own grossly inflated intellectual egoes.

And also, fuck my mother.

I knew I should have posted a sign: "Do Not Feed The Anti-intellectuals."

Calleja

Calleja

"anti-intellectuals" is another word for "Republicans", yes?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ugh, just had to use the middle name.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Earl Sneed Sinclair?

Cajungal

Cajungal

BOOOOO. My father warned me that the medicine I'm on might make me feel hungry all the time. I've eaten a normal amount of food today, but I feel like I haven't eaten anything. At first it didn't bug me, but now I'm feeling very uncomfortable. :(

Shakey

Shakey

*sigh*

Running Dry had to play tonight.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Guess I'll rant to let off some steam. Our recent 3rd for fun has recently been reclusive and distant. After being really aggressive the last few weeks, she's suddenly withdrawn and shying away. Annoyed cause we were supposed to have a get together last night and came up empty handed. :mad:

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

4 nights, no sleep. Starting to get depressed and my girlfriend is away fro 10 days.I need to find something to lift my spirits fast.

Also, I'm with calleja, chick was fine for her age, and depending on the country also possibly legal. ITS NOT CREEPY TO ADMIRE BEAUTY AT ANY AGE!

Also also, I volunteer to be a 3rd for fun, but I'm afraid I may miss key elements you are looking for.

Andromache

you wouldn't be the 3rd, you'd be the prop. and eventually part of the set.

Espy

Espy

My box of wine is almost half empty. I'm gonna need a bigger box.

Andromache

or build your own still. Or nearly blow yourself up trying, like my wife's uncle did.

Espy

Espy

I'm gonna need a bigger box.
http://www.everwonder.com/david/tacobell/videos3/bquiero8b.avi[/QUOTE]

heh.

As far as blowing myself up goes... um... gonna stick to this whole just pouring myself a new glass. It's working. So far.

Covar

Covar

Bojangles had no creamer for their coffee, so I'm drinking it black.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yesterday, it was a nice day, so as I drove home for lunch, I had my window down. A lot of people did. Including the two people ahead of me at a stoplight. The car on the left was a shiny new nissan full of high school kids, the car on the right was a regular, if dirty, domestic of no distinguishing characteristic other than the overweight man driving it.

For some reason, just as the light turns green, the kid in the nissan's passenger seat decides it'd be funny to scream out the window at the other man, "QUIT EATING, FATASS!"

I wanted to yell back, "He may be fat, but you're ugly and retarded, and at least he can diet. You're stuck with it." But as soon as the kid had yelled, the nissan had floored it.

Punk kids, I tell ya.

Rob King

Rob King

I never understood why kids do that. Does it win them some cool points, or something, insulting someone in a drive-by so that the person has no possible recourse, even if he could beat the little snot to within an inch of his life?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Forgot my dang phone at the cafe. Hope it's still there.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I never understood why kids do that. Does it win them some cool points, or something, insulting someone in a drive-by so that the person has no possible recourse, even if he could beat the little snot to within an inch of his life?
Our youth are humanity distilled to its purest form, before societal programming hammers them into acceptable shape, and some are shaped better than others. You have to teach a child not to hit, steal, lie. At our most basic, we are all douchebags. That, and contemporary pop culture has been a celebration of the brazen douchebag for the last 20-someodd years.

Calleja

Calleja

Is he implying Ferris Bueller was a douchebag?

fade

fade

On the other hand, that unaffixed thinking pattern is a beautiful thing. So much of our thinking is shaped by our education, sometimes to our detriment. We convince ourselves things are hard or impossible when we don't realize we're just conforming our brains to some learned pattern. Ask Lord Kelvin about it, preferably in an airplane. Or ask a guy who sucked at rigorous university physics, only to have a flash of inspiration while watching a clock tower recede from the rear bus window, partly because he sucked at established physics.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Particularly how some of my students make things hard because they think these things should be. Like quantum mechanics. The only reason it's "weird" is because we tell ourselves it is. Why can't a photon be two places at once?

Calleja

Calleja

Well, when you go into quantum mechanics it's not JUST indoctrination that makes it weird, I'll agree it does to some extent, but in this case it's also that our brains just aren't wired to naturally understand more than 3 dimensions. You need to really give yourself headaches wrapping your head around the concept of the hypercube or somesuch.

I went through that when I read Flatland. Such a good book.

Gusto

Gusto

My body can't handle caffeine the way it used to be able to. I'm pretty jittery right now.

fade

fade

Sure, there's math to deal with, but I will argue that I think learned perception has a lot to do with inability to grasp. I don't agree that it's a natural inability to understand more than three dimensions. To give you an example, most of my students have no problem with n-dimensional problems as long as the n dimensions are not tied to physical ones. For example, a one second sample of sound from a CD has 44,100 dimensions, and no one has trouble visualizing it. But if you throw in spatial dimensions, they have brain freeze. I think that's more nurture than nature. Anyway, it's not just about the multidimensionality. It's more the behavior of quanta that people have trouble accepting because it doesn't act like the world they've been introduced to.

Lest ye think I'm alone in this:
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/03/17/2231022.aspx

Oh, and a nice kid-friendly intro to the double slit experiment, that I'm willing to bet a 5 year old will grasp before a 25 year old:

Calleja

Calleja

Well, maybe it IS indoctrination, but not indoctrination by our culture in this case... but just experience from living in a three dimensional world, exclusively.

fade

fade

I agree and disagree. Physics programs don't teach quantum mechanics until late in the undergraduate career. Before that, you're filled with classical mechanics, which is fine and dandy. But suddenly, you're expected to supplement all this stuff you've learned one way to the new way of thinking. That's hard because you've spent study and classwork visualizing it one way.

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah, I guess it's a perfect storm of making people close minded.

Null

Null

Is he implying Ferris Bueller was a douchebag?
He would have been, if he wasn't just a figment of Cameron's imagination.

Calleja

Calleja

The whole "Cameron thought it all up" premise is a little weak for me because if that were the case, you wouldn't really see Ferris if Cameron wasn't around... or at least HE'D be the narrator. Tyler Durden was never seen without norton's character, for instance. But you get PLENTY of Ferris time without Cameron, plenty of secondary characters hating on Ferris, Ferris' family.. etc.. with Cameron nowhere to be seen.

fade

fade

It's deconstruction at its best.

You know what I loved? The episode of Northern Exposure where Chris defends his thesis, and realizes that sometimes deconstruction fouls the beauty of the straight read. Awesome episode of an awesome show.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Frakkin' Nostalgia!

I am not a practicing Catholic, but I still observe Lent. So for lunch I was looking for some Fish. Then I remembered that I have not had a McD's Fillet o Fish sandwich in a long time. I remembered it being one of the most tasty things on their menu. Not so. It was the blandest damn thing I've eaten in years.

I don't know if the Sandwich is worse, or I've spoiled my taste-buds eating all that Mexican, Cajun, and Soul Food.

Shakey

Shakey

I now have

stuck in my head.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

They don't advertise the indigestion...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Shakey, you suck so hard.... I will now be going to roll call with that damned tune in my brain

Cajungal

Cajungal

Why am I pissed at everything and everyone today? Damnit I'm cranky. A cranky, cranky bitch. *hits head* Bad Seej.

Hylian

Hylian

Man I went to bed at a decent time (10:00 p.m) and yet I still feel exhausted. Either the comicon really wore me out or I am fighting something. Whatever it may be I hope it goes away soon.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man I went to bed at a decent time (10:00 p.m) and yet I still feel exhausted. Either the comicon really wore me out or I am fighting something. Whatever it may be I hope it goes away soon.
Take care of yourself! Make sure you eat well and drink plenty of water. :) Hope you're just a little worn out.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

This headache is either going to kill me or cause me to kill someone. *clutches skull*

Dave

Dave

This headache is either going to kill me or cause me to kill someone. *clutches skull*
WHOSE skull?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Yorick's

Gusto

Gusto

Alas.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I knew him.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Well.

Dave

Dave

Well.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

DAMN IT!!

Calleja

Calleja

?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Which reminds me that I'm still waiting for the rest of my Y: The Last Man to get shipped to the library as well as Marvel Zombies, neither of which I ever finished reading. Cool that I can get them, but damn I hate waiting.

Just not as much as I hate paying. :p

Dave

Dave

OH SHIT!!

OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!

I still have my copies of Y in a box to be mailed from the NOVEMBER contest!!! FUCK!

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Fuck, Drifter! I'm sorry, man. Why didn't you say something?

GasBandit

GasBandit

[/COLOR]Fuck, Drifter! I'm sorry, man. Why didn't you say something?
Cause he was too busy in the arcade, I suspect.

Jake

Jake

Well.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

DAMN IT!!
Both misquoted. There is no "well" in that line. Shakespeare fail.

Baerdog

Baerdog

"Alas, poor Yorik! I knew him, Horatio."

Andromache

i hate that i surf here too drunk to remember what I posted because I have to double check what I said the next day....

Jake

Jake

I hate that you surf here not drunk enough to PM me revealing pics.

Andromache

i try to keep the private messaging to sober hours, though lately that's kinda rare.

Calleja

Calleja

She PM'd me some awesome pics of naked chicks.

They were all yellow and cute but I'm not into fowl, y'know?

Andromache

She PM'd me some awesome pics of naked chicks.

They were all yellow and cute but I'm not into fowl, y'know?
foul pun, man.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Spring break started for me today... and I came down with a head cold two days ago. It's fairly minor but I just feel gross right now and took the day off from school.

Andromache

Spring break started for me today... and I came down with a head cold two days ago. It's fairly minor but I just feel gross right now and took the day off from school.
It's lupus.

phil

phil

I #feellikeajackass because I'm having #fun tweeting with my friend @guacho_mufungo all day when I could be doing #somethingproductive

#:(

Rob King

Rob King

There's a costume party back in St. John's, to which the girl I've been dating is going as Laura Croft. Short shorts are involved, but I am five hundred cruel, cruel kilometers away.

Calleja

Calleja

coughLARAcough

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Seven year old box with a 10 year old video card is running Arch Linux. Firefox segfaults all over the place. So does Epiphany, the gnome browser.

Suggested replacement? Konqueror, the KDE browser.

Recommended method of acquiring Konqueror? "install KDE".

FML.

Null

Null

I'm disappointed that Crone has to surf here drunk in order to tolerate us.

Well, actually I'm disappointed that I can't surf here drunk, but that too.

Andromache

i was mildly soberish today, save for the hair on the dog hours tween waking up and a few minutes ago.

Null

Null

Well, if that's what it takes to deal with our ilk, maybe give this place a break for your own sake?

Andromache

Well, if that's what it takes to deal with our ilk, maybe give this place a break for your own sake?
dude, did you just tell your alt to leave the forum? I am shocked.

Null

Null

Crone, you've just given me nightmares for the next two weeks.

Now to find someone to sing me to sleep who won't gnaw on my coratid.

Anyway, what I meant was that I'd rather you be here sober, but if that isn't possible, not being here is better than having to be wasted to be here.

Andromache

totally disagree. Also, its nice to know than a 2 minute google search can ruin you.

Null

Null

Well, what can I say? I'm no hero. I'm about as hardcore as a moonpie.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Well, what can I say? I'm no hero. I'm about as hardcore as a moonpie.
Lexiconned. With attribution, but still... *grins* And down here, people know what moon pies are *chuckles*

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

i hate that i surf here too drunk to remember what I posted because I have to double check what I said the next day....

Truth. .... for both of us.

Jake said:
If you insist. check your PMs

...ok. I'm way to drunk to be surfing right now.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Jake said:

No, I'd say that puts you about exactly where you need to be at. *cracks open another adult beverage for you*

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Jake said:

No, I'd say that puts you about exactly where you need to be at. *cracks open another adult beverage for you*[/QUOTE]

hair of the dog.... that sounds like a good idea right now.... Perhaps I will.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

It's snowing.
In Texas.
On the official first day of spring.

WTF?

Calleja

Calleja

I thought the official first day of spring was March 21st?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

That may be the first day of spring by tradition, but the vernal equinox happened today. We've been in spring technically for like 9 hours.

Rob King

Rob King

[you might need to enlarge that]

Yes, that is a screenshot of the Discovery Channel's Youtube channel, where one of their shows has mislabeled Sudan as Ethiopia. Does NOBODY know geography? You're the fucking Discovery Channel! It's your job to know this shit, and to teach it to people. This is worse than when the Outdoor Life Network told me that Germany was landlocked.

Calleja

Calleja

Rob's a mac user?

All my concept of reality is shattered!

Rob King

Rob King

I love my mac, but I'm no zealot, don't worry :p

fade

fade

Mac zealotry is just as stupid as mac hate. Both tend to be based on 10 year old information and distorted reality.

Also, it's freakin' cold in louisiana, too. It was close to freezing when I left this morning. This after being near 75F yesterday!

LordRendar

LordRendar

It is a balmy 12 degrees in Hamburg, Germany.I was able to leave the house wearing just a light sweater.It's glorious after a hard winter.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Savannah is toasty but wet today. I hate that - if it's raining, it needs to be cold. If it's warm, it should be clear. Otherwise, I feel like I need gills to breath the air. *Vaderbreathing*

Null

Null

Savannah is toasty but wet today. I hate that - if it's raining, it needs to be cold. If it's warm, it should be clear. Otherwise, I feel like I need gills to breath the air. *Vaderbreathing*
And that is another reason I have no plans to move to Georgia. (Some friends keep recommending it to me)

fade

fade

Pbbt. CG and I will see your humidity and raise it with living in the middle of a sunbaked swamp.

Null

Null

Yeah, but Louisiana isn't a state so much as it is a punishment, so...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Fade: You realize that most of Savannah is "reclaimed" marsh/swampland, right? *chuckles*

Perhaps not as PREVALENT as the bayou, but still swamp.

I'm sorry... "saltwater marsh"... whatever the rich folks want to tell themselves so they can believe they're not living on crappy real estate.

fade

fade

I know. I lived in Charleston and nearby for most of my life. But this place beats both in humidity hands down.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I need the humidity to survive... I would not do well in another climate.

Andromache

I hate Vytamindi's name. not the person, but the name reminds me of those science damn vitamin water commercials, and I can never remember which accent is the proper one for where I'm at.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Haha! You can just call me Casey, then.

Or lover. Whatever you are comfortable with ;D

Andromache

I cant remember anyone's real name, to be honest. These days I struggle to find my keys.

Calleja

Calleja

My real name's Calleja. I'm bad ass like that.

Andromache

I cant remember anyone's (who's important to me haha, ;) ) real name, to be honest. These days I struggle to find my keys.
adjusted

Calleja

Calleja

Wait, so you just remember the real names of those who are NOT important to you?

Huh.

Andromache

yes, because if the answer isn't one thing, it's always the extreme opposite.

Gusto

Gusto

My real name's in my sig. PM me for a phone number if you realllllly want.

Calleja

Calleja

The phrasing "I can't remember anyone's (who's important to me) real name" literally implies, nay, MEANS, that you don't remember the name of those who are important to you... ergo implying you do remember the names of those who AREN'T important.

Double negatives are a bitch like that.

Andromache

The phrasing "I can't remember anyone's (who's important to me) real name" literally implies, nay, MEANS, that you don't remember the name of those who are important to you... ergo implying you do remember the names of those who AREN'T important.
It must hurt being that smart.

Calleja

Calleja

You'd think, but right now the only sort of ache I get is from the healing tattoo. Bitch is itchy, too.

Andromache

I can only hope the bitter, dripping contempt I feel for you is metaphysically acidic enough that your eyes burn from reading this, Cũntachella.

Calleja

Calleja

No luck, I got a slight tingle, though. Wait, no, that's the Rohto Arctic.

Andromache

sure it wasnt Anal Aura? ;)

Calleja

Calleja

No, that bitch stood me up. Kinda. Had to go to Mexico City. Said she was gonna call me sometime in the week. But now she keeps texting me attempts at beginning a sexting session and it sort of gives me the creeps.

drifter

drifter

OH SHIT!!

OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!OH SHIT!!

I still have my copies of Y in a box to be mailed from the NOVEMBER contest!!! FUCK!

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Fuck, Drifter! I'm sorry, man. Why didn't you say something?

No biggie. I forgot about it too :)

Calleja

Calleja

Well, if he doesn't want it I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands, Turbo. :biggrin:

Andromache

Caluubajooa, always ready to take men's turbo's in hand.

Calleja

Calleja

....anything can be a euphemism for "penis", can't it?

"always ready to take men's bolshevik's in hand"

Yup, everything.

Andromache

Well, I was going to say yes, but that might be rubbing it in a bit much, and it's a pretty limp point.

Calleja

Calleja

Hey, if you rub it enough it'll stop being limp, believe me.

Andromache

I'm going to channel Shannow's standard reply on this one.

Gusto

Gusto

"hahahahahahahaha"

Calleja

Calleja

No, I think she meant :facepalm:

Andromache

"hahahahahahahaha"
i lol'd.

Rob King

Rob King

Goddamn dryer slashed up my pillow. It's not a good pillow, but it's one vital to my nigttime comfort.

A needle and thread has ended the stuffing-loss, but I didn't' do a very good job.

Makes me feel a little bit more rugged, though, sleeping on a pillow that I patched up myself.

Andromache

its a manpillow. a millow

Gusto

Gusto

Heh, that reminds me of a running gag in one of my current DnD games, with my Dawrven Cleric.

In our very first encounter, we were ambushed in the night by goblins. We mopped the floor with them, of course, but my character's tent was torn to ribbons in the process. He decided after the battle to just wrap himself in the shreds and sleep the rest of the night.

I decided to play the character as a very stubborn man who refuses to give up his possessions to these attacks, to rather than get his tent replaced the next time we were in town, he got it repaired.

It has since been destroyed and re-repaired twice more.

Calleja

Calleja

Goddamn dryer slashed up my pillow. It's not a good pillow, but it's one vital to my nigttime comfort.

A needle and thread has ended the stuffing-loss, but I didn't' do a very good job.

Makes me feel a little bit more rugged, though, sleeping on a pillow that I patched up myself.
Dude, if anything, that makes your pillow 10x awesomer. It's like.. franken-pillow now. It has a story and everything behind it now. Keep it, your grandchildren should inherit it's mouldy, even more patched-up future version.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I've got 99 problems but a stitch ain't one.

Andromache

I've got 99 problems but a stitch ain't one.

___
__-

Calleja

Calleja

Ow.

OW! Seriosuly, that horrible pun literally hurt me. OW, fuck!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

:)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, but Louisiana isn't a state so much as it is a punishment, so...
:cry:

Null

Null

CG, I've only been further south than Virginia once, and that was 4 days in Grapevine, TX. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Andromache

Even if he did, he still doesn't.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, ok. ^_^ It hot here, but it's also nice. If you're ever in town, I'll take you on a swamp tour. Alligator and mosquitoes and such... excitement ahoy!

Calleja

Calleja

Can I just get a "hotties who talk like that girl in True Blood" tour? I hate mosquitoes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I don't know if there's a tour, but I can take you to the place where the easy Southern women congregate. You're a shoo-in with that lovely accent, Fernando. :D

Calleja

Calleja

YESSS!!!!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I can poorly imitate a Russian accent. Can I make these easy southern women have the vapors?

Calleja

Calleja

Not if you keep saying stuff like "have the vapors".

Cajungal

Cajungal

I can poorly imitate a Russian accent. Can I make these easy southern women have the vapors?
Hell yeah, dude. Tell em all about borscht and stuff!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Oh, let me rephrase that then.

I can poorly imitate a Russian accent. Can I get these easy southern women to take me home and fuck me so hard, I will be unable to walk straight for several days?

Calleja

Calleja

There you go, that will definitely get their attention, which is more than half the job done.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, let me rephrase that then.

I can poorly imitate a Russian accent. Can I get these easy southern women to take me home and fuck me so hard, I will be unable to walk straight for several days?
Aaaaaaand there's a clinic just down the road that'll test you afterwards for FREE! :unibrow: Bow chicka wow wow

Calleja

Calleja

Actually, my tour should probably begin and end in that clinic.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Is it free because capitalist system has failed?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Actually, my tour should probably begin and end in that clinic.
There's a killer sandwich shop nearby that you also must visit. D'you like pastrami?

Calleja

Calleja

I like all meats, ma'am. Even the "not really meat but a conglomeration of lots of left-over stuff we package as meat" kind. Yum.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like all meats, ma'am. Even the "not really meat but a conglomeration of lots of left-over stuff we package as meat" kind. Yum.
Eeeeexcellent. Lemme know if you're ever in the hazy, smelly capital of LA. :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

In my country, sandwich is illegal. That is why when you say Underground Railroad to people from homeland, they think Subway.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, I totally read that in a crappy russian accent. hahaha

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Before I die, I want to go to other country so I may have sex with lady while enjoying footlong.

Null

Null

Oh, man, that reminds me of someone's tweet I read. She said, "Trying to get Subway to make 9-inch sub. More satisfying than six-inch sub, less uncomfortable than footlong."

Andromache

you read tweets?
-34212 street cred

What, did you leave your face in a book?

lawn.gitoff.it

Null

Null

I had street cred?

I'm not just on FB, every few weeks it's my turn to do the FB journal for 4WFG. In fact... this coming week is my week for it.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I bought an internal bluray drive for my htpc today. Suppossed to be bundled with software for bluray viewing. Installed, plopped in Iron Man and it tells me I have to spend $60 dollars to upgrade because THIS VERSION that came bundled with my drive won't play back dolby digital sound. It's a bloody smurfing bluray drive, what the hell else is going to be the audio format!!

crono1224

So I was making homemade chili, and I wasn't paying attention and apparently didn't wash my hands well enough, or at all after cutting some chilis and i touched my lips and OH it burns :(.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm scared to touch anything! I was at the grocery store, and everything gave me a shock... even the bananas. I got shocked about 9 times, and now I feel slightly disoriented. That was scary. I'm never going shopping again. :(

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, I could burn you so hilariously right now if this were a Spanish-speaking forum.

But, alas, the funny-ness will have to stay in my head.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awww, say it! I wanna hear the burn!

Gusto

Gusto

I'm scared to touch anything! I was at the grocery store, and everything gave me a shock... even the bananas. I got shocked about 9 times, and now I feel slightly disoriented. That was scary. I'm never going shopping again. :(
Superpowers!

:awesome:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Superpowers!

:awesome:[/QUOTE]

That's what I was hoping. But instead all I got was tingliness and shakiness in my hands and forearms... especially after that can of beans. I could feel that one in my head.... my hair flew up, too.

Calleja

Calleja

Awww, say it! I wanna hear the burn!
But it makes NO SENSE in English.. it's a Spanish pun... :(

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I got shocked about 9 times
Oh my! How brave of you to share such an experience!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, then, say the pun then explain it! Are you or are you not a destroyer of puns?!

Gusto

Gusto

I'm guessing the Spanish word for being shocked is similar to the Spanish word for reaching climax.

MINOR RANT: Seems like all we do on this forum these days is talk about Spanish.

Philosopher B.

Augh. Totally forgot over the break that my Radio Industry teacher said he might cancel this week and to check the email. Ended up taking a trip today for nothing. There were two other people as incompetent as me, though! Hahahahahahaaauuuggghhh.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I've had a canker sore for the past few days. It's right in front of one of my canine teeth. I sometimes chew in my sleep because the thing kept getting irritated and slightly swollen . Anyway, a couple days ago I was eating dinner with friends at a restaurant. As I chewed I accidentally chomped down hard and BIT IT OFF. The canine tooth dug into the inside of my lip and, as my lip traveled downwards, sliced through the entire sore. That probably registered at least an 8 on the pain scale. Now I have a huge whitish spot where that sore used to be and it still hurts.

And I could just imagine the waitress' face when she saw the bloody napkin in my burger basket.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Verdad.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I'm guessing the Spanish word for being shocked is similar to the Spanish word for reaching climax.

MINOR RANT: Seems like all we do on this forum these days is talk about Spanish.
So go grab a 2ble 2ble, roll up the rim, find some beaver, share a wobbly pop and slip one past the goalie.

Gusto

Gusto

Are you coming on to me, Hugglins?

Cajungal

Cajungal

...What?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Are you coming on to me, Hugglins?
You wish! I can smell the taint of a Senators fan from 4 provinces away! Back to the AHL small fry!

Gusto

Gusto

But... but I don't even watch hockey, really.

:(

I was a Habs fan back when it mattered.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I can smell the taint
ewwwww

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm also frustrated about school. That girl who I called out about calling our teensy work load "tremendous" hasn't talked to me since that day. I kinda alienated myself from half the class. Oops.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Ugh. Sore Throat. Do not want! :(

By the way, does anyone know of some remedies for this? Ordinarily I'd use zinc lozenges, but the pharmacy doesn't have 'em.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awww, feel better.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ugh. Sore Throat. Do not want! :(

By the way, does anyone know of some remedies for this? Ordinarily I'd use zinc lozenges, but the pharmacy doesn't have 'em.
Honey, lemon and hot water.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm also frustrated about school. That girl who I called out about calling our teensy work load "tremendous" hasn't talked to me since that day. I kinda alienated myself from half the class. Oops.
Eff 'em.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, I just drink warm broth and tea with honey.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Eff 'em.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I've decided. I was sad at first, because it took a really long time for people to warm up to me at all, but whatever. 5 or 6 people in the class still talk to me in a not-cold way.

Calleja

Calleja

No, that's not it.

*sigh*, this is so not gonna be funny explained in ANOTHER LANGUAGE, but fine.

The spanish word for "current" as in "electrical current" , "corriente", is also used as a word for... vulgar, ordinary. So I was gonna say "oh, you keep getting shocked cause you're very corriente!" cause it's a pun for having an electrical current but, also, being ordinary.

See? Not funny. Not even INTERESTING at this point.

Cajungal

Cajungal

..I was interested.

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah, well, you live in a swamp. You find everything interesting :humph:

Gusto

Gusto

Hatemonster. :humph:

Calleja

Calleja

I tried to find a pic of a mexican hulk but found nothing :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, well, you live in a swamp. You find everything interesting :humph:
Isn't your entire country a desert wasteland?

Gusto

Gusto

Is this racism? I can't tell!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Is this racism? I can't tell!
Worse: geography.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:cry:

Calleja

Calleja

...uh..no.

We have some deserts. But also some jungles. And prairies. And beaches. Caribbean beaches some of them, even. There's snowy mountaintops where you can go eat snow, too, if you like. There's evergreen forests covered in mist almost all year and there's also some deserts, yes.

We have swamps, too.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Sorry CG, I tried, but it sounds like Mexico has manipulated through time and space to become conjoined with Jurassic Park.

He's got your swamp beat. :/

Cajungal

Cajungal

:pout:

Calleja

Calleja

No.. Mexico really does have some of everything, geographically. There's an old joke about how God when he was deciding what each country would get got to Mexico and gave it everything, and then his assitant angels were all like "But, sir, that country gets so much! it's unfair!" and god said "don't worry, winged angel who's probably naked, I'll balance it out by giving it... mexicans".

so.. yeah. :/

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It sounds like Middle Earth.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I tried to find a pic of a mexican hulk but found nothing :(
And, we have a winner?

Runners up:

Fun Size

Fun Size

As part of a reorganization, not only am I losing my sweet window seat, but my team is being renamed.

Yes, in an industry that thrives on acronyms, I will now be part of the Accounting Shared Services team.

Kitty Sinatra

Calling it Shared Accounting Services would've made you a British bad ass.

Andromache

As part of a reorganization, not only am I losing my sweet window seat, but my team is being renamed.

Yes, in an industry that thrives on acronyms, I will now be part of the Accounting Shared Services team.
ouch. Well, at least you have a job, right?

Null

Null

So now you have a boring ASS job?

Fun Size

Fun Size

ouch. Well, at least you have a job, right?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and while it's not my natural proclivity, I will be proud to call myself an ASS man.

Null

Null

So if you give one of your teammates a peck on the check, does that make you a kiss-ASS?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Minor Rant,

My clean, black car, is now yellowish gray. DAMN YOU TREE SPERM!

on the win side. I truly is spring here.

Null

Null

Minor Rant,

My clean, black car, is now yellowish gray. DAMN YOU TREE SPERM!

on the win side. I truly is spring here.
Tree-kakke!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Today is March 23, my first day back to school after spring break. I was so looking forward to being able to break out the shorts today but it's been rainy and cold all day long.

Vagabond

V.Bond

The part I ordered from Hong Kong arrived in the mail today.

It's not the one that I needed.

Rob King

Rob King

UUUUUGH. I am far too affected by external evaluations of my worth.

I just submitted, for the first time in my life, a short story to be considered for publication in a Science Fiction magazine. I damn near feel like throwing up, I feel that nervous about it. I mean, the worst they could say is "No."* so I don't know why I'm getting so worked up. But ... maaaaan oh maaaan. I'm cold all over, literally shivering, and I'm about to lose my supper.

Maybe writing isn't for me.

* - Okay, so the worst they could say is far worse than that. Something like "Oh, GOD! Why would you affront our eyes and imaginations with such GARBAGE? We hereby condemn you to never attempt to render the English language in written form ever again, for any purposes."

Denbrought

Denbrought

I just submitted, for the first time in my life, a short story to be considered for publication in a Science Fiction magazine. I damn near feel like throwing up, I feel that nervous about it. I mean, the worst they could say is "No."* so I don't know why I'm getting so worked up. But ... maaaaan oh maaaan. I'm cold all over, literally shivering, and I'm about to lose my supper.

* - Okay, so the worst they could say is far worse than that. Something like "Oh, GOD! Why would you affront our eyes and imaginations with such GARBAGE? We hereby condemn you to never attempt to render the English language in written form ever again, for any purposes."
Worse come to worse, I can help you learn to write Spanish.

Rob King

Rob King

Booyeah!

Calleja

Calleja

Tendrías que aprender todas las reglas de acentuación, Rob. ¿Estás preparado para eso?

No, yo tampoco creo.

Rob King

Rob King

Oh, hell no! I'm not ready at all. I fucking failed Ancient Greek based solely on misplacement of accents!

Maybe I'll go learn Esperanto or something ...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

:D

Wahad

Wahad

grumblegrumbletimezonesgrumblegrumble

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Another way to get rid of your sore throat (late... I know) is to mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and baby benadryl. You take this mixture and gargle as many times a you need to.

A doctor recommended this to me. She said the benadryl opens up your Eustachian tubes (I always have problems with ear drainage) and the H2O2 will kill the gross stuff at the back of your throat. It foams a bit, so be aware of that in case you are sensitive to certain textures.

Rob King

Rob King

Dear Newfoundland girls who complain about Newfoundland boys,

Why do you think going to Greece is going to solve your boy troubles? Perhaps the problem isn't Newfoundland men. Perhaps the problem is you. Come with me on a journey, for a moment. A journey into your own 'dating' habits and idiosyncrasies.

Let us pretend for a moment that decent Newfoundland guys exist. Let's not get crazy and pretend that every Newfoundland boy is a decent human being, but let's assume that at least a handful are great. Is it possible, then, that you might not have one of these decent Newfoundland guys because he is currently in a relationship with a girl who is better than you? 'Better' can be whatever you want. 'Less stupid,' 'deeper,' 'tolerable to talk to,' are just a few suggested fillers. Or maybe he's not in a relationship, and is looking for a girlfriend, but knows that you are not that girl. Because there is better out there for him.

Is it possible that you are scraping at the bottom of the barrel because you are at the bottom of the barrel?

What it comes down to is a problem of attitude. And the more you complain on Facebook about how you can't wait to go to Greece because Newfoundland boys suck, the less likely you are to find a decent boy anywhere. I'm sure even Greek boys don't want a relationship with a shallow nag, no matter how hot you may (or may not) be.

Finally, some disclaimers.

First: I don't think that Newfoundland guys are better than Greek guys. I know that there are good Newfoundlanders and bad Newfoundlanders, good Greeks and bad Greeks. That's just how it is. Assholes have a pretty wide distribution across the globe. The only reason your local club is filled with assholes, and an Athenian club is filled with delectable boy-treats, is because you know some of the people in your club, and you don't even speak the language in the Athenian club.

Second: I have no problem with you seeking a relationship with a Greek guy. But you're not in Greece right now. You're in Newfoundland. Would you let yourself starve to death locked in a steakhouse, even if what you really want is seafood? No? Then I don't understand what your aversion to dating locals is. I get the allure of the exotic and foreign, but your obsession does not make any sense to me.

Sincerely,
~ Someone who is absolutely fed up with your uppity bullshit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Just tell em, that you can't wait to get to North Sydney and meet some exotic women.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

And... scene.

Rob King

Rob King

Man ... I might actually kill a person to get as far as North Sidney in the next few days. After it turned out that I missed out on a free vacation, I added up the days that I've been here in Newfoundland.

567 today. I have not been off this rock in 567 days. As much as I love my home, that is positively horrifying to me.

makare

My shitty van and I got to bond, yet again, by the side of the road. That thing is making me nuts!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Why not say it's driving you nuts?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I know the type of person you're referring to, Rob, and it annoys me too. There are good and bad people all over the place, maybe different *types* of good and bad depending on the culture. But a location change can't help a person with that sort of attitude. Truth is, if she traveled around enough, she might learn she has no one to blame but herself. But I don't know her. But if she's what I'm imagining, then yeah, that sucks and it's annoying.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Rob, send her to Greece. Increase the average intelligence of Newfoundland women.

It's a win-win.

Except for Greece.

Pssh, Greece.

Null

Null

Because it's not a crotch-mounted steering wheel.

makare

Because it's not a crotch-mounted steering wheel.[/QUOTE]

Even if it were crotch-mounted, I don't have nuts. And that isn't a rant, Im ok with it.

Null

Null

I used to have one of those steering wheels, but man did it chafe.

Calleja

Calleja

Alright fine, I'll step in for the forum:

:Leyla:

Hylian

Hylian

Man my stupid glasses! I ordered a pair of glasses with transition lenses from Zenni Optical and at first everything seemed fine but today I noticed my glasses where hard to see out of on one side. I figured I must have gotten them dirty so I washed them in luke warm water and soap. I put them back on and it is still blurry. I hold them up to the light and there is a spot right in the middle that is a different color and smudgy. I tried washing them again no luck. So I went to call Zenni but at least as of no one was answering so I will have to call back later. So here I am at work with a pair of glasses on that makes it hard to see out of one eye. I have to look towards the bottom of the lens to see out. There is two possible outcomes for when I get a hold of Zenni. Either they will acknowledge it was a defect and send me a new pair or they will claim it is my fault somehow and I will get a 50% refund. I am definitely hoping for the first option but as for now I am stuck until after work with one blurry eye. :(

*update*

Got a hold of Zenni and they said if I ship them back to them they will look at the glasses and decide if they will replace them or not. Luckily I still have my old glasses to use that way I won't be completely blind while they decide if they will fix them.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

bleh...my zenni glasses are pretty sweet

and they were cheap ;)

Hylian

Hylian

bleh...my zenni glasses are pretty sweet

and they were cheap ;)

don't get me wrong I love my Zenni glasses except for this one thing that just started. Hopefully it will all work out cause up till now I have been greatly enjoying my glasses.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I hate it when I have dreams where people who are usually nice act cruel or thoughtless. Even though I know it's not real, it makes me feel bad all day. :(

Fun Size

Fun Size

I hate it when I'm in someone else's dream, and everything's all cool one second, and the next thing you know you're skinny dipping in pool full of gumbo, and when you tersely point out to the dreamer that gumbo was not a good choice for a swimming pool, they get all sensitive and stuff.

I have got to be more choosy about the heads I invade.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:waah: I did my best, damnit!

Fun Size

Fun Size

:humph:

Andromache

unless you have a crazy bad prescription eyebuydirect is a damn cheap place to find the same frames that sell for several hundred dollars more. If you have a coke bottle prescription, its about 30% cheaper than the eye glass folks. Thing is, you need the details of your prescription as well as the measurements for glasses (which are strange and arcane, like)

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I hate when I spend half my day hung over reading Halforums instead of getting work done that I need to.

Andromache

I hate when I spend half my day hung over reading Halforums instead of getting work done that I need to.
seriously. i dunno why i stay around, since the people i have a crush on are suddenly being mature and ignoring me. /sigh

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

seriously. i dunno why i stay around, since the people i have a crush on are suddenly being mature and ignoring me. /sigh[/QUOTE]

It's because I know our love would be a forbidden love wrought with peril and disaster for the poor souls of the world. Our passions can only be expressed through mayhem and chaos, entangling and strangling the life from the very creatures that live in our domain. And in the end, amidst the wreckage and broken bodies, only we would stand, empty, bereft, and with none left to sacrifice.

So instead we must resign ourselves to appreciate from afar until the time of wrath is upon us.

Rob King

Rob King

Aaaand rejected via form letter. Not a surprise, but still a little sad.

Tomorrow we try again. Elsewhere.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hey at least you submitted it. I'm terrified of sharing my work with anyone. Keep at it if you really believe it should be read. I admire your courage.

Rob King

Rob King

Here's to many, many more rejections.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:) To courage!

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Did you know Shakespeare received 94 rejection letters before making it in Hollywood? Now everyone remembers him as the actor who brought sexy back. Keep trying, Rob!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I will be closing on my house within the next week. This is good?

But all the money I have been saving will be gone.... and I will, for the very first time, be completely broke. Even though I've had money troubles before, I've ALWAYS had at least a thousand in my savings.

Won't be broke for long (hopefully) since I get that nice tax credit!

But living in a house with no fridge? Hrmmmm :awesome:

EDIT: But then I get my paycheck lolz

Null

Null

Rob, I'm right with you. Send a few pieces to the Journal of NJ Poets. They take up to a year to respond so the rejection letter may be a long time coming.

Kitty Sinatra

I don't understand why you're ranting about that, Vytamindi. I know it's scary, but it's also awesome.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I almost made it to work today before I realized that my children in the back seat might have wanted to go to daycare instead.

Rob King

Rob King

Man, I've been ranting a hell of a lot lately. But like I said before, when it rains it pours, and it hasn't stopped yet. It's just moved to different areas of my life.

Now I'm laying in bed, panicking, because I'm coming to the realization that I'm totally fucked. I mean, I've been fucked for a while now, but I've been able to pretend otherwise, at the very least. Now, though, it's staring me in the face. Every cent that I currently have access to, I owe to someone else. I will be broke by Friday. I am functionally broke already.

The anal-retentive roommates that I have been gleefully rid of for the last three months are moving back in in the next few weeks. I've been looking for apartments, and I found one that will let me take my dog ... which will make me a fucking happy man. Problem is that it's $150/month more than I'm paying here already, which I can only barely afford as it is.

Add on top of that that I'm very seriously considering quitting my job because I've been reminded a million times why it's the worst thing I could possibly be doing right now, and my financial situation does not get better. I was hoping to sell some short fiction, to help alleviate the costs that are surrounding me these days, but that didn't go so well. I'll try again, but it's sort of put a damper on my spirits.

And then, I get to go to my job (which as I have mentioned is becoming agonizing) and give free food to people who are living lives of leisure. Not luxury, of course, but leisure. Their welfare comes in, and they don't feel the need to work. Once a month they come to pick up free food, and then blow their checks on alcohol and cigarettes.

Failing figuring out a way to go on welfare, or selling some fiction, or getting Bill Gates to mail me a check, my idea of 'let's find a new job' hasn't produced much fruit. I've only checked online thus far, but so far everything is either a step down from my already abysmally low position, or requires training and/or education that it shouldn't.

World, let me tell you something. I am a smart man. I try not to talk about it too much, because my self-pride can sometimes border on arrogance, but if you picked one hundred random people from this city, there might be two or three who are smarter than me. I don't mean to say that I have all the knowledge, or all the skills, but when it comes to speed of learning, problem solving skills, etc, I'm a fucking amazing catch. And yet you won't even look at me for your goddamn janitorial position because I don't have a fucking Master's.

The simplest answer is to just get up and move away, to somewhere where it's cheaper, or where there's more money. But I don't want to do that. Not yet. Things were getting better here up until last week, and then the bottom decided to fall out.

Sometimes I feel like Job had it easy. The bastard.

Math242

Math242

for the 1st time in years, i feel i like a girl enough that she could actually hurt me if i started a relationship with her. I did not realize i had it that easy before with fbuddies yet this feeling that i kinda, maybe could fall in love is actually nice

I'm scared shitless.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Good luck, Math. Don't be scared... or at least not enough to let it paralyze you. Just adrenaline scared.

Rob... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Vyta--congrats on your big move.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I will be closing on my house within the next week. This is good?

But all the money I have been saving will be gone.... and I will, for the very first time, be completely broke. Even though I've had money troubles before, I've ALWAYS had at least a thousand in my savings.

Won't be broke for long (hopefully) since I get that nice tax credit!

But living in a house with no fridge? Hrmmmm :awesome:

EDIT: But then I get my paycheck lolz
That feeling you get after spending your savings on a house is called cashtration. 3 years on, and I am still feeling it from time to time.

Rob King

Rob King

Math - That's awesome. I can totally get how that might be terrifying though. I hope it works out for you :)

Dave

Dave

Aaaand rejected via form letter. Not a surprise, but still a little sad.

Tomorrow we try again. Elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Talk to Nick. He's had stuff published and maybe he can give a few pointers.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Although rejection is part of the game. I think I got to ten when I decided it wasn't worth it. Turned out to be a good move for me as I eventually realized I was writing the wrong stuff. Still don't make money from it, but I find it infinitely more satisfying.

Chazwozel

I GOT MY OATS THIS MORNING!

OAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS

Wasabi Poptart

Hooray! Chaz will be regular again.

makare

I am kind of bummed out. Every week I go out to lunch with 4 of my friends from school. It is really the highlight of my week. Now since my cat died and that whole thing cost 100 dollars I have to offset the cost by cutting out my lunch with friends. Although I think I have come up with a good compromise, we are going to pack lunches and eat the student center. Which is ok because what is so fun about it is hanging out and chatting. I just resent that I had to make that change since that is the only fun thing I get to do in the week because of my budget.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I am kind of bummed out. Every week I go out to lunch with 4 of my friends from school. It is really the highlight of my week. Now since my cat died and that whole thing cost 100 dollars I have to offset the cost by cutting out my lunch with friends. Although I think I have come up with a good compromise, we are going to pack lunches and eat the student center. Which is ok because what is so fun about it is hanging out and chatting. I just resent that I had to make that change since that is the only fun thing I get to do in the week because of my budget.
But yet you should be happy that these friends are happy enough to make the change to still have lunch with you.

No, that doesn't change your remorse for making them change, however it is the silver lining.

makare

That is true. They are good friends.
Thanks.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Fuck! Sarah Palin is coming to my town this summer. The rednecks here are already an uppity bunch, but having her coming is going to put them into an even more annoying frenzy. Ugh.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If I send you a deep-frozen haddock, can you engineer a method of launching it in her face at high velocity?

Rob King

Rob King

We do pies here in Canada.

HOLY SHIT HAS ANYONE INVENTED HADDOCK PIE YET?!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I'm surprised you Newfie's haven't yet. :p

Rob King

Rob King

First thing tomorrow, I am ON THE CASE!

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

This also goes well with my hypothesis that birds belong in pies. Chicken Pot Pie is the most amazing thing ever, and every Christmas my mother takes what's left of the turkey, dressing, gravy, etc. and makes it into a pie, and it's delicious. I will not stop until every bird in the world has been baked into a pie. And now, it would seem fish are no longer safe either.

Andromache

bird pie? :thumbsup: fish pie? :thumbsdown:

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

My day isn't complete unless I've eaten an animal.

Andromache

obligatory:

Gusto

Gusto

Every time I go into the Picture Thread, I feel like I'm not posting enough pictures. This makes me feel guilty for not going out and partying enough or at least having an excuse to take my camera places.

Does anyone else feel this particular brand of guilt? I doubt it.

Andromache

there is only one solution: Go post full nudity pics of yourself in the NSFW area as punishment.

Add food as props

Gusto

Gusto

Zucchini's not in season til July.

Andromache

by food I meant whip cream. get going

Gusto

Gusto

Yes, ma'am.

*siiiiigh*

Andromache

i hate hate hate that my OCD is tethered with my phobia of Alzheimer's. Baer's silly little post just sent me scrambling to reload EVE and triple check that I did what Dave requested, and even now I'm wondering if I'm absolutely sure I did the right thing. It touches on the fact that I am starting to forget things, to the point where if it isnt written down I might never remeber it, and the fact that somewhere there's someone waiting on a favor from me that I forgot. That shit brings me to tears and keeps me up at night, because it's just not rational. ugh.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'm sorry Crone that was totally meant as a joke.

Andromache

and I know that. The problem isnt yours at all, my dear. Its in my head. its a remnant of the Crazy Days. It's totally my baggage.

makare

My contracts prof, who I love and is awesome, calls on me all the goddamn time! There are 77 people in this class and he has called on me twice this week! It makes me nuts!

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Fuck all my head is killing me this morning.

Necro needs to lay off the drink.

Andromache

My contracts prof, who I love and is awesome, calls on me all the goddamn time! There are 77 people in this class and he has called on me twice this week! It makes me nuts!
think of that as a vote of confidence. just imagine how low he regards the other 76 students

Philosopher B.

Ugh. Slept through class this morning. Turned off my alarm and dropped back to sleep immediately. Last class was cancelled, too. On the plus side, that means I missed another potential lecture on how American students are lazy bums. Which, admittedly, is hard to rebuff since I just slept through the class. :p

Andromache

Ugh. Slept through class this morning. Turned off my alarm and dropped back to sleep immediately. Last class was cancelled, too. On the plus side, that means I missed another potential lecture on how American students are lazy bums. Which, admittedly, is hard to rebuff since I just slept through the class. :p
i lolled very hard, and redoubled the pain of my headache

phil

phil

The cat somehow broke one of the floor tiles on the bubble that formed in the floor.

Both me and my roommate have walked on that bubble and nothing happened.

but a 10 pound cat just broke one of the tiles and won't quit playing with the piece he broke off.

cats are assholes.

Calleja

Calleja

Yes... but the most awesome assholes ever.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I am going to a birthday party today... and I don't have any presents! AND IT'S IN TWO HOURS!!!!!

Chazwozel

Why would you sleep through a class you're paying for? That's like 300 bucks down the toilet.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:mad: Reseeeeeeentment.

Philosopher B.

Why would you sleep through a class you're paying for? That's like 300 bucks down the toilet.
I didn't want to sleep through the damn class (much as it may annoy me). If it was a choice, I wouldn't have set my alarm in the first place. It was one of those instances where the alarm only got me half awake (I think I'd been dreaming beforehand) and the next thing I knew I was waking up later.

This actually leads to another mini-rant I've had lately, where it seems as though it's much easier to get up if I've had 5-7 hours of sleep, whereas if I get any more, I come out of it painfully groggy.

Rob King

Rob King

#1 - Mom's in the Dominican Republic. She left me her car for the week. I desired plain white paper, so I decided to drive to the nearest Staples. It snowed today. At a stoplight, I got rear-ended hard enough to smash into the car in front of me. Mom's bumper is a little mangled. It's not my fault, and I got contact information, but it still sucks a little.

#2 - I would invite every other vice into my life if they would just chase out laziness. I did so good this week by writing every day. Today, it sort of got precluded by one thing or another. I'd go at it now, but I'm heading over to the girl's house for some movies in a bit. Tomorrow I'll make up for it. I promise. No, really.

Andromache

ah, quarterly taxes in two countries. Always fun.

*limps away*

phil

phil

Yes... but the most awesome assholes ever.
---> Literal assholes

----> figurative assholes like birthers

----> cats

Bubble181

Bubble181

I just got new HD digital TV installed. This is good. It comes with 2 weeks of free movie rents and access to all channels. This is good. I'm away for most of those two weeks. This is bad. I was going to enjoy the 6 different porn channels on there. Those are good. Due to Daylight Savings Time, it's already 8 am, and all of their programming has finished. This is bad.

phil

phil

Did it come with a free frogert?

Bubble181

Bubble181

It came with a free frogurt.
That's good.
The Frogurt is cursed.
That's Bad.
But I got my choice of topping!
That's good.
The toppings contain potassium benzoate.
That's bad.

Rob King

Rob King

The girl has a recital at the end of the week which I'm excited about. But her mother is coming down to visit for the weekend.

Guess who I get to meet! It shouldn't be a problem, but I have to admit I'm a little nervous.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I've got the next week to work on my spin. So far, all I've got is:

I'm not a college dropout. I'm taking some time off to reconsider my options, and to pursue some independent study.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The girl has a recital at the end of the week which I'm excited about. But her mother is coming down to visit for the weekend.
If a person (not I, for I would never make such a mistake, of course) were to accidentally read the word "recital" in that sentence as "rectal" instead, that line suddenly takes on a whole new creepy perspective. :shocked:

Rob King

Rob King

Bubble181

Bubble181

Don't worry Cheesy, I did a doubletake too.

Hylian

Hylian

I decided to put a new build on my laptop. So I pulled out the OEM build disc that came with my laptop. I put the fresh build on it and everything seemed to go fin but that it came up with a message saying the product ID was not correct. And now it pops up with a message saying " this is not a genuine copy of Windows" and now I only have "X" amount of reboots/ days before they terminate my copy. So I tried calling MSI to ask them what was going on. But I found out that their Tech support is closed on the weekends. And they are only open M - F 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. The problem for me is that I work m- F 8:00 - 5:00 pm and it takes me about a half hour to get home. So I have a very small window of time to get a hold of them.

So I decided to call them up from my work to at least try and see what I could get done without the laptop in front of me. But sadly they inform me that I need the laptop in front of me in order for them to do anything. So now I have to wait until I get home and try for a very small window of time to get a hold of them. And to top it off I have been sleeping pretty crappy the last few nights and last night was no exception. So I feel like a brain dead Zombie today and I found out that my manager (who works in another state) is coming up for a visit today. Now that in itself is not uncommon. She usually comes up every other month but due to weird events she has not made it up in about 6 months. And thanks to my lack of sleep I will be having to meet with her half brain dead. I can only hope she does not want to have a 1 on 1 meeting with me this trip.

Rob King

Rob King

Someone commented on my friend's profile on Facebook, disagreeing with some theology that she had posted. I responded, disagreeing with the stranger, defending the theology as valid (it was basically taken word for word from the book of Romans.)

The friend promptly deletes the whole thread and messages both of us, essentially shaming us for presenting a 'disunified' front to non-Christians who might visit her profile.

Now ... deleting the disagreement is her right, I suppose, although it was never anything but civil. But in the interest of 'presenting a unified Christianity'? This is exactly the reputation I spend most of my time trying to end. There is no unified theology. Do you think that you, or someone else has some divine understanding that makes the rest of us wrong? I have to remind my gay friends occasionally that I do not invest myself in the same beliefs that Fred Phelps does. Are you suggesting, then, that I should, if for no other reason than to appear unified?

Yeah, the homosexuals will think we hate them, but at least they'll think it's a unified hate.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Rob, why not write a Facebook note on the issue? Then you still have a somewhat public explanation on your point of view (not necessarily just the original theology discussion, but even on 'unified' Christianity). At the very least maybe your friend would reconsider her point of view.

Dave

Dave

Someone commented on my friend's profile on Facebook, disagreeing with some theology that she had posted. I responded, disagreeing with the stranger, defending the theology as valid (it was basically taken word for word from the book of Romans.)

The friend promptly deletes the whole thread and messages both of us, essentially shaming us for presenting a 'disunified' front to non-Christians who might visit her profile.

Now ... deleting the disagreement is her right, I suppose, although it was never anything but civil. But in the interest of 'presenting a unified Christianity'? This is exactly the reputation I spend most of my time trying to end. There is no unified theology. Do you think that you, or someone else has some divine understanding that makes the rest of us wrong? I have to remind my gay friends occasionally that I do not invest myself in the same beliefs that Fred Phelps does. Are you suggesting, then, that I should, if for no other reason than to appear unified?

Yeah, the homosexuals will think we hate them, but at least they'll think it's a unified hate.
There's a guy on my Facebook who is there because of Mafia Wars. He's a pastor of a pretty conservative church and he always posts the most vile right wing hatred crap. I always go in and refute, arguing at length with him and all those who agree with him. But I'm always respectful and only once has anyone come in and been outright rude (and then we all ganged up on that person.) Sometimes you can have some very interesting discussions. Tony could have deleted my posts a he saw fit but he didn't. And I think the conversation is richer because of it.

But as you said it's her right.

Morphine

Morphine

I love children, I do, really.

BUT not when there's 5 or 6 of them in my house ALL THE FUCKING TIME during these FUCKING HOLIDAYS.
I can't wait for them to be over, I swear.

*breathes heavily*

Cajungal

Cajungal

There's nothing funnier than hearing the token slackers in class complaining about how other Americans are spoiled, lazy, and have a sense of entitlement.

Gusto

Gusto

There's nothing funnier than hearing the token slackers in class complaining about how other Americans are spoiled, lazy, and have a sense of entitlement.
I made that point in a Philosophy class once, and used myself as an example.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Ok, so my boyfriend and I used to be officers in our guild and since we've taken a break from WoW, we're still able to see the officer's super sekrit forum. Brian posted in the shoutbox of the guild website how he and I are moving into our own house and won't have internet for a few weeks.

One of our guild leaders, the bitch, posted in the officer forum how she wanted to say how he's such a deadbeat because he's not on the deed.

Fuck that prissy ass bitch. Look, not everyone can demand a 3ctw princess cut diamond from her brainwashed fiance, and yes, I may support him more than he wants me to, but STFU. His credit is building and it wouldn't have helped either of us to include him on the deed. We'll refinance in a few years and THEN he'll be on it. FUCK YOU BITCH

Like she has ANY credit. Chunky fucking princess.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

3ctw princess cut diamond
People who flaunt carat weight deserve the cubic zirconium they got.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oooooo, I love it. Do not mess with Vyta's man. She will fuck you up! Really though, screw her!

David

David

There's a cute girl in my art class who I think may be interested in me... who doesn't turn 18 for another year :(

Would a relationship between a 17-year-old and a 20-year-old be wrong?

Denbrought

Denbrought

There's a cute girl in my art class who I think may be interested in me... who doesn't turn 18 for another year :(

Isn't the age of consent 18 in California?

Shakey

Shakey

She's mature for her age?

Really, if you have to ask you already know the answer.

Null

Null

It would not necessarily be creepy by the 1/2+7 rule, but I'd hold off on it until you at least know for certain if she's interested or not.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

When I was 17 my girlfriend (also 17) left me for a 28 year old. I don't know if that helps you, or makes you as horrible as a guy who slept with my girlfriend. (I kid.)

Wasabi Poptart

Where is this class? I mean, is she in college with you or are you taking the class, say, at an art store where anyone can sign up? If you're both in the same college class, and she is a college student, I'd say it's not so creepy. If she's a high schooler taking a class with you, then I would keep my distance. The only reason why I say that it's not so creepy if she's in college with you is because I would have started college when I was 17 because of my birth date.

David

David

False alarm, it seems she's gotten back with the boyfriend she broke up with the other month.

New rant: Why do I always think women who don't like me like me?

Null

Null

Because you're a guy.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I don't have a very specific reason to rant, but I'd just like to say I'm in an incredibly pissy mood and people should just let me the flip alone. Seriously. This is NOT the moment to call me incessantly for the third day in a row about a lightbulb that doesn't work, when I've confirmed it works four times now. Go away or I WILL bite you.

David

David

They say if you get bitten by Bubble, you turn into him on full moons and alternate tuesdays.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yes, but you get good luck with dice every other thursday night, so it's a bit of a trade-off.

David

David

I didn't want to sleep through the damn class (much as it may annoy me). If it was a choice, I wouldn't have set my alarm in the first place. It was one of those instances where the alarm only got me half awake (I think I'd been dreaming beforehand) and the next thing I knew I was waking up later.

This actually leads to another mini-rant I've had lately, where it seems as though it's much easier to get up if I've had 5-7 hours of sleep, whereas if I get any more, I come out of it painfully groggy.[/QUOTE]

The only solution I've found to this is to go to bed waaaaaaay early so you body gets just enough sleep to decide to wake up on its own before the alarm goes off. However, seeing as how it's currently 1:00 AM, this seems to be easier said than done.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

a little late, but still appropriate

Jake

Jake

Of all the adjectives you could assign to Winger, you chose "appropriate"?

phil

phil

The roommate's cat has taken a liking to running across the living room and biting my feet. Already today he bit my shin twice. I just don't understand cats at all. You can at least do something about dogs in terms of training them. And the first person to suggest that spray bottle urban legend can eat shit and die. I've emptied the bottle on that cat and it still bites me.

Chazwozel

The roommate's cat has taken a liking to running across the living room and biting my feet. Already today he bit my shin twice. I just don't understand cats at all. You can at least do something about dogs in terms of training them. And the first person to suggest that spray bottle urban legend can eat shit and die. I've emptied the bottle on that cat and it still bites me.
I fucking hate cats so much. Worst pets ever.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

If the spray bottle does not work, and the cat bites you... you are now in a fight, and you better fight to win. Then the cat will leave you alone.

phil

phil

And the thing that gets me, is that I could kill it.

I mean physically I can't take a lot of things in a fight, but I would destroy this cat. It wouldn't even be that hard. I could just sit on the damn thing and it's bedtime for chairman meow.

bedtime....forever

Hell just leaving the door open would accomplish the same results of it not bothering me anymore. But it's either that or listen to my roommate bitch and moan about "Phil was a total jerk and solved not only his own problem but also prevented me from ever having to clean a litter box again".

asshole.

Chazwozel

Burlap sack + pond = win.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I mean physically I can't take a lot of things in a fight, but I would destroy this cat. It wouldn't even be that hard. I could just sit on the damn thing and it's bedtime for chairman meow.

bedtime....forever

Hell just leaving the door open would accomplish the same results of it not bothering me anymore. But it's either that or listen to my roommate bitch and moan about "Phil was a total jerk and solved not only his own problem but also prevented me from ever having to clean a litter box again".

asshole.
Just dominate the cat, do to it what it is doing to you. Right now it is pwning you. You don't need to kill it or harm it in any way. Just pin the fooker to the ground until it quits fighting.

Chazwozel

bedtime....forever

asshole.
Just dominate the cat, do to it what it is doing to you. Right now it is pwning you. You don't need to kill it or harm it in any way. Just pin the fooker to the ground until it quits fighting.[/QUOTE]

Punt the fucker across the room. They land on their feet anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

WOW! WOW! Talk about fucking irony. My wife just called me this very moment and tells me that her friend's cat had kittens and she's giving them away. My daughter saw them and picked one out. FUCK! I hope the Basset eats it. Fuck this shit. I'm totally putting my foot down against this. I will not have a fucking cat in my house.

Jake

Jake

Hmm, this being my last couple hours at this job, perhaps you should have thought before now about how to run your equipment, find a particular compound out of 100,000, update your website, operate the phone system and network, use the fucking printer, etc., etc., etc.

I think I'll be collecting substantial consulting fees in the near future.

Chazwozel

Hmm, this being my last couple hours at this job, perhaps you should have thought before now about how to run your equipment, find a particular compound out of 100,000, update your website, operate the phone system and network, use the fucking printer, etc., etc., etc.

I think I'll be collecting substantial consulting fees in the near future.
That's exactly what my current boss did. His former Mass Spec tech found a new job and instead of immediately hiring someone to make use of his former tech's last days - teaching someone how to use the equipment (that would be me in 6 months), he let the guy finish up with no apprentice. Now I'm here and my boss is paying this former guy consulting fees to show me a few basics.

Fun Size

Fun Size

They not only took away my beautiful, window-laden cube, but they moved me next to a men's room that's only made for one person. Private, yes, but if you go in there and make a bunch of noise, there's no possibility of doing the "wow, that other guy in there sure was noisy" face when you leave.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'm sorry Fun Size but the first think I thought of was this.

Jake

Jake

Clearly they next intend to make the bathroom your office.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Thor's hammer scratched my chest.

No mark though.

Andromache

I get to go to the hospital tomorrow for what we hope is outpatient testing. What a great karmic April Fool's day experience.

Wasabi Poptart

They not only took away my beautiful, window-laden cube, but they moved me next to a men's room that's only made for one person. Private, yes, but if you go in there and make a bunch of noise, there's no possibility of doing the "wow, that other guy in there sure was noisy" face when you leave.
At least if someone sharts you'll know who did it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's hard enough sometimes listening to you talk to me about your own creative ventures when my own aren't going so well. So, awesome, tell me about them in detail and then be a bitch when I give you feedback. No, that's fine, I can't wait til the next time that happens, probably when I'm at home trying to write. You said you were gonna try and be nicer? Don't tell me to fuck off for no reason. :mad:

Null

Null

It's hard enough sometimes listening to you talk to me about your own creative ventures when my own aren't going so well. So, awesome, tell me about them in detail and then be a bitch when I give you feedback. No, that's fine, I can't wait til the next time that happens, probably when I'm at home trying to write. You said you were gonna try and be nicer? Don't tell me to fuck off for no reason. :mad:
*hugs*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aw, thank you, LB. Just bitching about it a little felt better, but hugs are always nice. :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm off to my brother's wedding in South Africa this afternoon. That's good. He's got a high fever. That's bad. My girlfriend is coming with me. That's good. She's in another plane. That's bad.

Math242

Math242

yo, so a few weeks ago, i talked about this girl i started to like. Well, of course, she has a boyfriend. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I wish i had learned that BEFORE i made my move.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Gah, I bumped into The Psycho again on campus today. We have a lot in common so we both tend to go to the same random events. She and I should probably start a portable meat locker business because the temperature drops to below freezing whenever the two of us are in the same room.

And now there are two girls who are expressing an interest in me. I like both of them but can't decide which one to ask out first.

Math242

Math242

THREESOME

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Gah, I bumped into The Psycho again on campus today. We have a lot in common so we both tend to go to the same random events. She and I should probably start a portable meat locker business because the temperature drops to below freezing whenever the two of us are in the same room.

And now there are two girls who are expressing an interest in me. I like both of them but can't decide which one to ask out first.
Iron, I feel your pain... I felt the same way when I realized Melina, the Psycho Bitch Queen - also known as my ex - had gotten her foot in the campus as well. Even more creepily, I recently found out she had taken up teacher training as well (luckily two years after me). Once I get my MA I'm so outta here...

As to the prospects of the other girls, let's ask some questions.
- Who is funnier to be out with?
- Are you looking for a rebound, potential relationship or serious business?
- With whom do you share most interests?
- Who seems the most interesting?
- Who would you more likely save from certain death if put in a Green Goblin gambit?

Cajungal

Cajungal

:hug: Awwww, thank goodness for all the cuddly folks on this forum.

Rob King

Rob King

I understand this totally.

The girlfriend came over here last night, and she sort of walked past my easel where I had butchered two canvases in the last week. She asked about it, and I told her where I was having problems. She offered some advice and ... it's difficult sometimes. Particularly since it's because I'm slightly intimidated by some of her talents that led me to try painting again after all these years. After thinking about it for a minute or two, though, I was mostly being silly.

Later on she complained that she wished she was better at other things. The only things she's good at, she complained, were the arts. Music, drawing/painting, and stuff like that. I honestly felt like responding 'but ... what else matters?'

Cajungal

Cajungal

:\ Yeah, in reality I should have been more understanding. This particular friend is really good at coming up with interesting stories but has trouble with style. I'm the exact opposite. So I think that he's really sensitive about style criticism just like sometimes I'm sensitive about plot criticism. But still... damnit.

Rob King

Rob King

Hopefully they'll realize they were being silly.

Actually, that reminds me of another writing-rant that I've been meaning to share.

I have a friend who wanted to be a writer. Long story short, he's given up on it, and he made an offhand comment the other day in an email that basically said "You're basically the reason I gave up. I read your stuff and it's so far beyond my own, I feel like it's futile to make any attempt."

Now, I'm trying not to let that go to my ego, but that's not the rant. The rant is that he's sent me one of his short stories to proofread. I haven't read this version yet, but I read the version prior to it, and it wasn't that great. But I don't want to discourage him by being too critical. I'll find the balance I'm looking for, I'm sure, but I don't want to be the one to drive him away from writing. He's a smart guy, and even if his writing doesn't sit well with me, I feel like it might either a) sit better with someone else or b) already be perfect in someone else's eyes.

Le sigh.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My guess is it won't even come up the next time we talk. This just kind of happens and then blows over without us having to talk it out. We can both be kinda sensitive. Really, the worst part about this is that it happened right before I had to go to bed, and I went to bed all upset.

Espy

Espy

I have this one employee here, they work 1 day a week. 1. Day. And when she is here she spends most of her time annoying me. She thinks I have ALLLLLLL this free time on my hands and that I should do all these eco friendly project she wants us to do (not her mind you, ME, because I'm not busy doing BOSS things, etc). She always wants an explanation about every decision I make and here's the thing, I don't HAVE to give you an explanation my little hourly employee. I pay your paycheck. You don't NEED to know what I do every minute of every day. You just keep doing your job and we will get along fine.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hit her with a spray bottle when she speaks. She'll learn.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Hate how she talks about these things all the time?
Fire her.
Hire me.

Espy

Espy

Fire her.
Hire me.
DONE. Be here tomorrow morning at 7am sharp. Wear clothes you don't mind dying in.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Fire her.
Hire me.
DONE. Be here tomorrow morning at 7am sharp. Wear clothes you don't mind dying in.[/QUOTE]

:cry: What kind of business are you running?!

Andromache

Fire her.
Hire me.
DONE. Be here tomorrow morning at 7am sharp. Wear clothes you don't mind dying in.[/QUOTE]

:cry: What kind of business are you running?![/QUOTE]

d

Espy

Espy

Fire her.
Hire me.

:cry: What kind of business are you running?![/QUOTE]

We forge weapons of doom made from the doom mines in doom mountain.

NINJA'D! Whoops! Crone's is funnier :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Fire her.
Hire me.

I will wear a tuxedo t-shirt. It says that I'm all business but still down to party.

Bizarro Gusto

I SAW A KID IN THE MALL WEARING THAT SHIRT

I PUNCHED HIM

TRUE STORY

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

In that case, I will let everyone know how punk rock I am and wear sneakers with a suit.

Espy

Espy

In that case, I will let everyone know how punk rock I am and wear sneakers with a suit.
Oooooh... what a free thinker.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oooooh... what a free thinker.[/QUOTE]

Allen, your wardrobe leads me to believe that you have both a serious side and a fun side.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Allen, your wardrobe leads me to believe that you have both a serious side and a fun side.[/QUOTE]

Allen is a tasty mini-wheat?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen, your wardrobe leads me to believe that you have both a serious side and a fun side.[/QUOTE]

Allen is a tasty mini-wheat?[/QUOTE]

Mini-something! Oh SNAP!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

:heh:

Wait, that was at my expense!

Andromache

Mini-something! Oh SNAP![/QUOTE]

wait isn't that Funsize?

Gusto

Gusto

It is so nice outside! But alas, I have much cleaning to do, and must be satisfied with an open window.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Cowboy mouth played on the radio a few minutes ago.

Casey says, turn of the radio. And I did.

I know it's Jenny, but the only Jenny I know right now is at CERN colliding shit.

General Specific

General Specific

You beat yourself up 'cause you love it!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Iron, I feel your pain... I felt the same way when I realized Melina, the Psycho Bitch Queen - also known as my ex - had gotten her foot in the campus as well. Even more creepily, I recently found out she had taken up teacher training as well (luckily two years after me). Once I get my MA I'm so outta here...

As to the prospects of the other girls, let's ask some questions.
- Who is funnier to be out with?
- Are you looking for a rebound, potential relationship or serious business?
- With whom do you share most interests?
- Who seems the most interesting?
- Who would you more likely save from certain death if put in a Green Goblin gambit?
What a coincidence about her name. The Psycho's name is Melissa but she goes by Mel.

- Girl B is funnier.
- I'm not looking for anything serious at all because I'm leaving next month. I just want to have some fun but don't want to hurt any feelings.
- I share more interests with Girl A, although I'm learning more about both girls.
- Girl A seems to be more interesting.
- Are we talking about the Green Goblin gambit from the movie where Spider-Man saves both of them? Or the comic book where one of them dies?

Null

Null

Mini-something! Oh SNAP![/QUOTE]

wait isn't that Funsize?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Wait, didn't one of the old KM forumites call someone else 'bite-size'?

Andromache

So, test results come back next wednesday. Also? owwwie og heey morphi--

figmentPez

figmentPez

Grr! Stupid people who don't neuter their cats! All the horny male cats are roaming the neighborhood and harassing our spayed/neutered cats. Bad Toms! There are no rivals or targets here, GO AWAY! Stop scaring our arthritic 16 year-old who still thinks he's a kitten! Stop bothering our stroke victim who has trouble walking! They only went out for a few minutes of fresh air!

David

David

You should arm your cats with a way to defend themselves.

Enresshou

Enresshou

Yaaaaay lack of a birthday thread for me.

Calleja

Calleja

- Are we talking about the Green Goblin gambit from the movie where Spider-Man saves both of them? Or the comic book where one of them dies?
...there wasn't anyone else on the comic book. Just Gwen.

Wahad

Wahad

Yaaaaay lack of a birthday thread for me.
April Fool's!

David

David

Got struck by a stupid cold last night and could barely sleep. I think I might take a double dose of NyQuil and sleep through the day.

Chazwozel

Well, I officially have a goddamn kitten running around the house, pissing on the the carpet, shitting on couch, and meowing like fuck. The dog likes it to boot! Damn cats...

First off, I'd like to state that the male grad students in the biochem dept here have no game. I'm a married man with children, yet I won't decline going to the bar with five pretty girls on the floor. They went around asking people who wanted to go. None of the males wanted to go! These guys are all single mind you. I constantly hear them bitching about how they don't have girlfriends. THIS IS WHY, YOU RETARDS! So my rant part. I stay at the bar from 5 to 6:27, thinking I'll make my train at 6:42. Nope, see the fucker go by as I get there. No biggie. Call the wife, tell her what's up and go back to the bar have another beer. I go to catch the 8:15, I make it this time, but I left my wallet at the bar!! Fortunately for me, one of the biochem girls I went with held onto it for me and I got it back this morning.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I stay at the bar from 5 to 6:27, thinking I'll make my train at 6:42. Nope, see the fucker go by as I get there. No biggie. Call the wife, tell her what's up and go back to the bar have another beer. I go to catch the 8:15, I make it this time, but I left my wallet at the bar!! Fortunately for me, one of the biochem girls I went with held onto it for me and I got it back this morning.
"and that's why she has my wallet... I swear!"

Chazwozel

I stay at the bar from 5 to 6:27, thinking I'll make my train at 6:42. Nope, see the fucker go by as I get there. No biggie. Call the wife, tell her what's up and go back to the bar have another beer. I go to catch the 8:15, I make it this time, but I left my wallet at the bar!! Fortunately for me, one of the biochem girls I went with held onto it for me and I got it back this morning.
"and that's why she has my wallet... I swear!"[/QUOTE]c

Ha.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

<<Dogs don't like cats.

Be sure to read up on cat training. Or you will be miserable with that cat in the house.

Cajungal

Cajungal

HAAAAHAHA I knew you wouldn't give up the kitten! I bet your daughter gave you sad eyes and you were all "well ok...."

As for the guys you work with, you should teach them a thing or to or give em a little smack on the back of the head, put some sense in em. ;) Glad your wallet didn't get stolen.

Chazwozel

HAAAAHAHA I knew you wouldn't give up the kitten! I bet your daughter gave you sad eyes and you were all "well ok...."

As for the guys you work with, you should teach them a thing or to or give em a little smack on the back of the head, put some sense in em. ;) Glad your wallet didn't get stolen.

No, they're hopeless. One guy gives even me the creeps at times and he completely ruins jokes (think Lord Buzzkillington from Family guy), one is a complete douchebag (think Gasbandit's online persona come to life), the other guy is a hapless science nerd. The only one out of the bunch that has a slight chance with a lady is the Chinese kid who's laughable antics remind us all of the foreign exchange student from Sixteen Candles.

As for the cat. I have my hands completely free of that thing. My wife takes care of it exclusively, since I'm the dog's caretaker. Some dog... day that cat came in, it fell asleep curled up next to his stomach. He just laid there, like an unemployed whale. Damn Basset!

Cajungal

Cajungal

No, they're hopeless. One guy gives even me the creeps at times and he completely ruins jokes (think Lord Buzzkillington from Family guy), one is a complete douchebag (think Gasbandit's online persona come to life), the other guy is a hapless science nerd. The only one out of the bunch that has a slight chance with a lady is the Chinese kid who's laughable antics remind us all of the foreign exchange student from Sixteen Candles.

As for the cat. I have my hands completely free of that thing. My wife takes care of it exclusively, since I'm the dog's caretaker.[/QUOTE]

Owch. Ah well, more for the socially adept males, I guess.

Hylian

Hylian

Cats are better than dogs anyways :p

Chazwozel

Cats are better than dogs anyways :p
They're better in the sense that I don't have to take care of the damn thing. It's out the door if my allergy to it doesn't go away within a month or two as well.

Dave

Dave

How awesome is it that Chaz works with Long Duck Dong?

And best case scenario - you get the smartest cat in the fucking WORLD...it'll still shit in your house.

Chazwozel

How awesome is it that Chaz works with Long Duck Dong?

And best case scenario - you get the smartest cat in the fucking WORLD...it'll still shit in your house.

I'm alive. I'm alive! And I owe it all to this feisty feline.
Dad, "feline" means "cat".Elephant, honey. It's an elephant!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Really weird thought, maybe, and don't think I'm anti-hygiene or something...

But damnit, sometimes I REALLY don't feel like showering. It just feels like it takes so long. I just wanna do like Husk does in that one comic and peel off the outer layer of skin to reveal a squeaky clean lady beneath. I need to cut my freaking hair again. In one month it already grew back the two inches I cut off. I'm wasting shampoo on these untidy ends.

Dave

Dave

You should try showering when you have no hot water pressure. Like my house.

Baerdog

Baerdog

A big strong Marine like yourself shouldn't have any problem with that. :p

Dave

Dave

A big strong Marine like yourself shouldn't have any problem with that. :p
Even the strongest man can't wring more water out of his dying hot water heater.

Andromache

Cold showers are better for you, and you won't use as much water. Toughen up, Ironhide.

figmentPez

figmentPez

You should try showering when you have no hot water pressure. Like my house.
I had to do that on a summer trip one year in high school. There was no hot water in the showers*, and the water was freezing cold. Instant headache, hypothermia risking cold. Down here (Houston, TX area) in the summer the "cold" water is lukewarm. There in Wyoming, despite 100°+ weather outside, the water was like snowmelt.

*Only one set of the showers, actually. The other showers had a partially clogged drain, so the shower area quickly filled with ankle deep soapy water with the occasional hair ball meandering away from the drain. I really preferred the freezing showers.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:( You can use my bathroom dave. It's hard water, but it's warm water. *pat pat pat*

makare

Sometimes my van reminds me of that singing frog from that cartoon. When I am alone with it it runs like shit. But when other people are around it is fine. Pisses me off!

Dave

Dave

My wife and I were going to go see a movie tonight. Now she doesn't want to.

I never get to see movies any more. She hates to see them in theaters because of the chairs.

And Tom Brazelton didn't use my idea for today's strip. I thought it would be hilarious if Zeus had been played by Michael Palin as the same voice he did Pontius Pilate from The Life of Brian.

"WEWEASE DA KWWWWWWAKKEN!"

Null

Null

There was a point where I didn't have heat or hot water for 7 months. Taking a shower without hot water in February was quite the experience.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Had an extra game session of Changeling: The Lost today. Could have been better. Our Hunterheart (read: Furry stripper) stole the limelight again, most of the session spent on getting the Winter Court (read: bunch of Brazil-esque bureaucrats who'll slap a curse at you if you don't shut up and shape up) not to kick his hairy ass out of the freehold (Changeling community) for endangering it (by "breaking the Masquerade", to use another WoD expression. So far he has ran around naked, killed two cops, harassed women, beat up a pimp and his ho after sex, not to mention reveal us to the Evil Twins). My Mirrorskin (read: shapeshifter), stuck in a deal of month-long indentured servitude, barely got fifteen minutes for his soul-searching (aka roleplaying his journey to become a member of the vibrant Spring Court). On top of that, we had to cut short because the missus of one of the players had insisted that the mister be home for supper - two hours before we had originally intended to stop the session. And the GM was on bad mood so we got crapola XP :(

Wasabi Poptart

I am ridiculously paranoid that the baby is going to get another ear infection. She's teething (four in already, two more on the way) which gives you some similar symptoms. She doesn't have a cold, but every time she sneezes, coughs, gets a little more fussy than usual, or generally has a "funny" look about her, I am on high alert. Tonight she woke up about 30 minutes after she went to sleep which is unusual for her. Now I'm freaking out that she really is coming down with another one and it isn't from teething. I feel like such a dork. A paranoid, anxious dork. *sigh*

Shaw Coyote

Shaw Coyote

You ever have one of those dreams where it seems like everything is going great, then you begin to realize to your horror that it's actually a nightmare? That's what this dream job is starting to feel like.

Espy

Espy

Meh. I'm going to Fargo for the day. Yay.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Why does getting one's fat ass back in shape have to hurt so much initially? (/whine)

Gusto

Gusto

I smacked my knee into something the other day.

Now my knee hurts.

Chazwozel

Playing hockey last night, a slapshot friggin nailed me right in the wrist where my glove and chest protector sleeve have a gap. My wrist has been killing me all day.

Null

Null

A meeting for mediating our foreclosure has just been moved up a few months. I have a feeling this isn't going to be good news.

Dave

Dave

A meeting for mediating our foreclosure has just been moved up a few months. I have a feeling this isn't going to be good news.
I think you need the REAL rant thread for that one. Ouch.

My not-so-rant rant:

I have new work shoes. They are jet black and polished to a mirror shine. They are also stiff as a junior high kid during his first slow dance. (I really hope that happened to someone else, too.) Consequently, my feet hurt.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Ugh, the person bringing the meat for Easter Dinner showed up an hour late, with a raw hunk of prime rib. It was not aged, or seasoned before hand. And they only cooked it until till it turned gray on the outside. we might as well ate it as soon as they walked in the door.

Chazwozel

I think you need the REAL rant thread for that one. Ouch.

My not-so-rant rant:

I have new work shoes. They are jet black and polished to a mirror shine. They are also stiff as a junior high kid during his first slow dance. (I really hope that happened to someone else, too.) Consequently, my feet hurt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. Foreclosure rants are definitely on the more serious side. I think this thread is more for you to post something and the rest of us go, "HARDEN THE FUCK UP".

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Ugh, the person bringing the meat for Easter Dinner showed up an hour late, with a raw hunk of prime rib. It was not aged, or seasoned before hand. And they only cooked it until till it turned gray on the outside. we might as well ate it as soon as they walked in the door.

I don't know how people like prime rib. It's pretty much the most disgusting looking hunk of meat you could ever eat. Yeah, it's tender, but man do you have to sift and cut mounds of fat to get to it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

They had to make Au jus from a package because it was not cooked long enough to drop any juices or blood.