The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

I'm sure I'll be diving this guy's channel in the next while - Modern Trailer for Star Trek: The Motion Picture

This both spoils, and doesn't, since NOTHING is in context. Some of the comments are also great, given that one of them is "makes me want to see it again. I'd better get 3 pots of coffee going."

fade

Staff member

A bit heavy on the "Get Lucas" bandwagon that seems so popular lately, but still not bad. As I commented there, I'm guessing Marcia Lucas did such a good job in the editing room partly because she knew George's vision. She was inside his head, and knew the story he wanted to tell, since she was his wife.

GasBandit

Staff member
@Terrik's goal before he starts dental school.

"I'm from Tampa, or TRAMPA as I like to call it!"

You don't say. I'm not even a quarter through this video and I've already had to hear about your UTI and a few other skank-flag-raising things.[DOUBLEPOST=1513296283,1513296236][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well it IS Ireland.

--Patrick
They don't always, though. They've got lots of blondes and brunettes. Sometimes there's only one redhead in the entire video, among 6-8 panelists.

Dave

Staff member
Most people won't think this is an awesome video but I do.

Ratting with terriers in the country. I know that some of you like rats so if that's you DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO!

A major rat infestation is taken care of by a pack of ratting terriers. The efficiency of these dogs is actually amazing.

Terriers have a reputation for a reason. They're great worriers.

I like cats, too, but even I understand that too many of them can be a problem.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member

TLDW: Cheap LED lanterns have a USB charging port that's connected to wall outlet voltage when the lantern is plugged-in to charge it's own battery. Also, other metal parts of the lantern may carry a mains voltage charge as well. So, it'll fry your USB devices, and possibly you as well.

So basically what you're saying is that they ground the primary of the transformer to the chassis? That's one of those "you should never do this" rules of electricity, because you never know when someone's polarized outlet was wired all widdershins.

--Patrick

Interesting they chose Gordon Lightfoot for that.
I always assume music choice is made specifically to target a certain age group, so that's one of the first things I look for.

--Patrick