The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Mayby not awesome per se, but still an interesting concept for an ad.

Jesus, I swear they plucked that commercial out of Li'l Z's brain (he named every car as they appeared). Only difference is he likes the gold Volkswagon, too.

....and now we've watched it 5 times in a row. Thanks, @chris . :facepalm:

GasBandit

Staff member

"2016 was the year all your favorite people died, 2017 was the year you wished all your favorite people were dead." (instead of sex offenders)

GasBandit

Staff member

"I like the original series better than the latest one. Simple things that everyone can understand. A man fighting a rubber lizard in a dress."

GasBandit

Staff member
In the whitest moment in television, Jeopardy penalizes contestant for saying "Gangster's Paradise" instead of "Gangsta's Paradise."

I... I don't know if this is "awesome" or, well, something else...

(In case you're wondering - it's SLTS in a major chord, instead of a minor...)

fade

Staff member
I... I don't know if this is "awesome" or, well, something else...

(In case you're wondering - it's SLTS in a major chord, instead of a minor...)
They played that on the radio the other day. It turns Nirvana into Green Day.

They also changed the arrangement to sound more punk pop-ish. Here's a major key version that's truer to the original.

GasBandit

Staff member
I used to follow a youtube channel that did this routinely, Oleg Berg. https://www.youtube.com/user/MajorVsMinor

Unfortunately, they haven't updated since the whole Russia-pretending-not-to-invade thing, as the guy is Ukrainian :( EDIT Oh look he's updating again. Nice.

He did Teen Spirit, too, including bending the original vocals.

But he also goes the other way. He made "Don't Worry, Be Happy" "Be Worry, Don't Happy."

GasBandit

Staff member
Regardless of your feelings on the Last Jedi (or the prequel trilogy), and if you can forgive the ultra-trite usage of War Pigs in the first half, this video turns out pretty awesome.