The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Carhartt doesn't have the same blue-collar rep in Europe and is more of a streetwear brand there. For example:

The Euro line is sold as Carhartt Work in Progress in NA.

Dave

Staff member
Kristen Bell dressed up as Magnum, P.I.? I don't even have to play the video before rating it.

--Patrick
Yeah that was fine, but the song itself was god awful, especially when she started trying to sing hard core rock. It was just...bad.

Sure beats having to rely on embedded bits of decaying radioactive material plus detection hardware.

EDIT: Oh hey, they actually mention that in the video.

--Patrick

Same guy, best video I've seen in YEARS:

I've had to account for all of this except Gregorian/Julian, and Leap Seconds in code I've had to maintain. LAST WEEK!!! No shit, I fixed a bug on this stuff last week in our product because MICROSOFT has a bug in one of its functions relating to this that we were relying on.

I'm actually surprised he didn't mention something about relativistic effects and accounting for THAT. I do like the stinger and mentioning "smearing" time. I'd read about that as well.

I've had to account for all of this except Gregorian/Julian, and Leap Seconds in code I've had to maintain. LAST WEEK!!! No shit, I fixed a bug on this stuff last week in our product because MICROSOFT has a bug in one of its functions relating to this that we were relying on.
I hate dealing with time so much. I'm very fond of Jon Skeet's (PBUH) NodaTime, but even then it's like pulling nails.

Relevant xkcd:

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey, back in the day, X10 was seen as one step below Demon Seed.

—Patrick
Back when they were one of the worst perpetrators of unwanted e-mail spam. I excoriated a close friend for buying an X10 camera, likened it to financially supporting immorality.

Hey, I liked Bubbles.
EDIT: I think I still have some of those cassettes.
EDIT2: I'd like to know how he accumulates his research. He seems very thorough and it looks like he's searching stuff that wouldn't be available to everyone, at least not in any kind of easy-to-browse format.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Somehow this video manages to be both horrifyingly "real" and also funny.

Honestly, I'm probably laughing instead of crying.

And yes I just recently discovered Tom Scott's videos. They're great.

Host "Apparently I'm the only one to work with wolverines this closely in the entire world...OW! OW! OW!"

Cameraman "I wonder why..."