The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Chinese high school students made their own version of the La La Land opening:

I enjoyed this thing because it combines three things I like:
1. Movie musicals
2. Asian schoolgirls prancing about
3. English and translation errors I can get righteously indignant about

Dave

Staff member
Even the one in the limo has them in a strip club with lap dancing girls. But yeah, I had my other Madonna videos mixed up. Not a shock considering I've never been a fan.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you want to FEEEL OOOLD all you really have to do is watch the first 4min of this video:

...You feel that? That urge bubbling up inside you to yell at the screen within the first 30sec is the proof that you're old.

--Patrick
Mostly she makes me mad because she reminds me of the second half of this comic.

I feel the same way about deodorant as she does about razors.
Women's deodorant: "Tee-hee! Don't want to put off a potential suitor because you smell like you work for a living, do we, dearie? Smell like flowers, instead!"
Men's deodorant: "YOU STINK ALL MEN STINK OF MAN-STINK WEAR THIS INSTEAD AND SMELL LIKE PINE TREE WOMEN WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT"

--Patrick

If you want to FEEEL OOOLD all you really have to do is watch the first 4min of this video:

...You feel that? That urge bubbling up inside you to yell at the screen within the first 30sec is the proof that you're old.

--Patrick
Why does she have six and a half million subscribers? What even is this channel? What's going on?

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, but those "speed bumps" are 6 inches high and perfectly hemi-cylindrical (or is that semi-?)... they'd be taking chunks out of cars at ANY speed :p

figmentPez

Staff member
Why does she have six and a half million subscribers? What even is this channel? What's going on?
Gamer girl, implied nudity, and clickbait, clickbait, clickbait. The thumbnail for her iPhone 8 unboxing has her all soaped up like she's in the shower. It's not a mystery.

And here's the real reason I came to this thread:

Sheesh, how much did the colors change, exactly? I mean, I saw it turn to gold and thought, "Uh, oh."
I mean, he could probably sell it somewhere for 1 bleem, but...that's gonna be expensive for a bowling ball once Firestorm gets involved again.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
I don't know post crisis colors. I know pre-crisis gold just took his powers away and red was "unpredictable".

fade

Staff member
Either way, it's unrealistic, because any dude who suddenly grew boobs would stop in the middle of the fight to fondle them.

Either way, it's unrealistic, because any dude who suddenly grew boobs would stop in the middle of the fight to fondle them.
But, as far as I can tell, the kryptonite turned him into a woman, who was probably nonplussed by the presence of breasts.

EDIT'd because I am my phone's bitch.

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
Wait that's not what I saw. Superman was turned into a woman by the kryptonite I thought. Unless it retroactively changed his mind historically, too.

Wait that's not what I saw. Superman was turned into a woman by the kryptonite I thought. Unless it retroactively changed his mind historically, too.
Maybe? Depending on the writer?
But this is also the World's Biggest Boyscout, so I wouldn't put it past him to not even fondle himself without permission. :D

fade

Staff member
Man I know I would. "Hang on a second, Metallo." And Metallo would be cool with it, because he'd know.