Movie News & Miscellany

Trying to figure out the symbolism of why one of them is standing on the ground while the rest are on top of the car. Are they going to take Jason and turn him into some brooding loner?

Last edited:
Trying to figure out the symbolism of why one of them is standing on the ground while the rest are on top of the car. Are they going to take Tommy and turn him into some brooding loner?
Tommy WAS a brooding loner until he joined up with the team... but no, I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Jason?

Tommy WAS a brooding loner until he joined up with the team... but no, I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Jason?
Oh shit my mind is leaving me, I actually MEANT JASON. I knew since there was only five on the cover that none of them would have been Tommy, I guess my mind knowing Tommy wouldn't be on the cover made me type out his name instead of Jason.

fade

Staff member
Will there be a kick-ass yet somehow really generic guitar solo in the theme? That's all I want to know.

This looks like a poster for an anti-bullying campaign.
That's oddly appropriate considering the little PSA bits at the ends of the episodes.

Trying to figure out the symbolism of why one of them is standing on the ground while the rest are on top of the car. Are they going to take Jason and turn him into some brooding loner?
Zordon wanted five teenagers with attitude, but they could only find four. The fifth one starts the movie with attitude, but his character is that by the end of the movie, he has attitude.

That's oddly appropriate considering the little PSA bits at the ends of the episodes.
They had PSAs at the end of the show? Wasn't their whole purpose to stop anyone who opposed them with violence? That's seems counter-message.

At least the G.I. Joe ones were usually tangently related to the plot, like get out of the house if there's a fire, or don't give him the stick!

Mmmm, pork chop sandwiches...

They had PSAs at the end of the show? Wasn't their whole purpose to stop anyone who opposed them with violence? That's seems counter-message.

At least the G.I. Joe ones were usually tangently related to the plot, like get out of the house if there's a fire, or don't give him the stick!

Mmmm, pork chop sandwiches...
Oh no, these weren't related to the plot in the slightest. I'm sure plenty of them involved Bulk and Skull (the bizarre bullies of the show who ... made fun of a martial arts class?), but there'd be kids who needed guidance, like not making fun of people or shit like that.

I remember way too much about that show for only having watched it the first year it came out and then never again.

Yeah, here's Bulk and Skull emphasizing that they're actors, and the characters they play aren't real.

And here's Trini, god rest her soul, narrating Jason not beating someone up.

fade

Staff member
We don't have a TV miscellany, but the new Star Trek show went to Bryan Fuller. Which means it will be 3 things: 1) Awesome 2) different 3) cancelled.

We don't have a TV miscellany, but the new Star Trek show went to Bryan Fuller. Which means it will be 3 things: 1) Awesome 2) different 3) cancelled.
It was going to be cancelled anyway when CBS realized no one wanted to use their fucking streaming service. They could have put it on Netflix or Hulu and made a fortune.

I've said it many times (I think on here, too), but I'm 100% certain the Ghostbusters remake will join the ranks of the Robocop and Total Recall remakes.

We'll remember, "Oh, right. That was a thing." before re-watching the original, instead.

I've said it many times (I think on here, too), but I'm 100% certain the Ghostbusters remake will join the ranks of the Robocop and Total Recall remakes.

We'll remember, "Oh, right. That was a thing." before re-watching the original, instead.
Our generation, sure. Today's youth? Doubtful.

Our generation, sure. Today's youth? Doubtful.
I'm not so sure. Ghostbusters, like Star Wars and Back to the Future, is kind of a beyond generations things. It's the movie parents will show to their kids because they need to watch the classics.

At least...I hope it is.

I'm not so sure. Ghostbusters, like Star Wars and Back to the Future, is kind of a beyond generations things. It's the movie parents will show to their kids because they need to watch the classics.

At least...I hope it is.
There are a lot of kids now who are Ghostbusters fans, obviously without having seen this new movie since it hasn't been released yet. They will probably still like this movie because it is similar to the thing they like, whether or not it's good. That said, their parents still need to buy the movie tickets.

I dunno, I could see the movie, whether it's good or not, riding the name/franchise to a pretty successful week or so. If it blows, though, it could easily have a BvS-level drop in sales.

I dunno, I could see the movie, whether it's good or not, riding the name/franchise to a pretty successful week or so. If it blows, though, it could easily have a BvS-level drop in sales.
I have no doubt it'll at least do well in the first week. I imagine it'll do well both for the brand name value and curiosity, given the hype. I could see a lot of people checking it out just to see whether it'll be good. I'm kind of in that boat, though I'll probably wait for reviews, first. Hell, it might wind up being actually good. I'm willing to give it the benefit of doubt.

I'm not a fan of Jones and can only take McCarthy in small doses, but I like Wiig and McKinnon so I'd love to be wrong about my current feelings and find out the movie's great. I still don't plan to see it in theaters (maybe the 3 dollar theater when it gets there) right now, but I guess we'll see.

I have no doubt it'll at least do well in the first week. I imagine it'll do well both for the brand name value and curiosity, given the hype. I could see a lot of people checking it out just to see whether it'll be good. I'm kind of in that boat, though I'll probably wait for reviews, first. Hell, it might wind up being actually good. I'm willing to give it the benefit of doubt.
I'm definitely in that boat. I have a free movie ticket and I'll be seeing it after work that Friday. It's going to do just fine the first weekend; whether it does well after that or for its budget, we'll see.