The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Do yourself a favor and try some of TJ's Lys Kaffe if you have one nearby.

58773-lyls-kaffe.jpg

It's probably a little expensive to be your daily driver, but for stuff that comes from a can, it's surprisingly good.

--Patrick

When I'm a-walkin' I strut my stuff and I'm so strung out
I'm high as a kite an' I just might stop to check you out
Lemme go on like a blister in the sun
Let me go on Big hands I know you're the one
Body and feets I stain my sheets
I don't even know why
My girlfriend she's at the end
She is starting to cry
Lemme go on like a blister in the sun
Let me go on Big hands I know you're the one

Yes that one.
I know the song, Kati plays it quite often. I just didn't know the artist.

--Patrick
Don't think you understand.

I wrote that without any assistance, straight from memory.

I have their debut eponymous LP on cassette.

I remember singing it at a cast wrap party as a senior in high school.

The trio was FROM WISCONSIN.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't understand why the Fine Bros. have the "Elders" play video games that involve mouse-based camera controls. It invariably always turns into "Elders React to 12 straight minutes of staring at floors, ceilings, and corners." It's nothing but frustration, both for them to play and for us to watch.

"What is Internet, anyway?" - 1990s Bryant Gumbel

I remember all of this. Man, it's crazy to see people who have always known the internet react to a generation who was experiencing it for the first time. I wonder what would work as an analogy to what would work for my generation. Home video games maybe?

GasBandit

Staff member
I remember all of this. Man, it's crazy to see people who have always known the internet react to a generation who was experiencing it for the first time. I wonder what would work as an analogy to what would work for my generation. Home video games maybe?
The one I hear most often referenced is ATMs/Debit Cards. Before the early 90s, if you didn't make it to the bank before it closed on friday, you just didn't have any money that weekend.

The one I hear most often referenced is ATMs/Debit Cards. Before the early 90s, if you didn't make it to the bank before it closed on friday, you just didn't have any money that weekend.
That doesn't really work though. I had to go to the bank too for a lot of the 90's. I mean more something which has been there my whole life but my parents wouldn't have had until they had been at least high school age.

Granted, that isn't a big window. My mom was 17 when she had me.

GasBandit

Staff member
That doesn't really work though. I had to go to the bank too for a lot of the 90's. I mean more something which has been there my whole life but my parents wouldn't have had until they had been at least high school age.

Granted, that isn't a big window. My mom was 17 when she had me.
Well, lesse... I just always kinda took space shuttle launches for granted, but the first one launched in 1981.

Owning your own video camera, maybe?

Radar weather maps?

Digital watches?

Squirt guns that didn't suck ass?

Well, lesse... I just always kinda took space shuttle launches for granted, but the first one launched in 1981.

Owning your own video camera, maybe?

Radar weather maps?

Digital watches?

Squirt guns that didn't suck ass?
I mean, yeah, digital watches definitely work. I think VCR's are probably the one that is most analogous though.

I wonder what would work as an analogy to what would work for my generation. Home video games maybe?
Color television
Vacuum Fluorescent displays
Direct-dial telephones (don't have to call the Operator first for long distance)
Touch-tone telephone dialing
Pocket calculators
Cassette tapes
LASERs
Non-dairy creamer
The 1/8in headphone jack (you know, the one Apple just removed from their phone?)
"Eradication" of polio
Birth control pills
Federal minimum wage

--Patrick

Nope, I had a black-and-white TV. Color was for the big sets.
I had a B&W tv, but that was because I took it out of someone's garbage and kept it in my room. If I wanted to watch the color set in the living room, well, I had to get my mom's permission.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ungh. 8-bit music theory videos are like crack to me. If I am not careful, I could watch this shit nonstop forever and ruin my life from never leaving my chair to eat, poop, or go to work.