The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

GasBandit

Staff member
The weird thing is that thanks to memes, these kids know stills from these movies even though they've never seen them. No, I didn't watch the video, and yes, I'm sure they addressed exactly that in it.
Actually, it didn't. Most of these kids were too young to use the internet when memes about these movies were a thing, but surprisingly there were a few ALL of them remembered. Nobody really makes Bruce Almighty memes anymore, but damn if 8 out of 10 of the kids were like "OH THIS IS MY CHILDHOOD RIGHT HERE WATCHING THIS MOVIE" and I'm like, you were watching Jim Carrey fuck Jennifer Aniston's brains out when you were five?! And there was one girl whose puberty was apparently kickstarted by 40-year-old Virgin.

The memes probably also didn't work because they didn't show the actual movies, they showed the theatrical movie posters, which in most cases are not the source of the memes.

I'm going to steal @GasBandit's shtick and post a do they know video, because these kids know NOTHING

Two things occured to me watching that video.

1) I need to watch Shaun of the Dead again...because fuck you, it's Shaun of the Dead. I don't need any more justification than that.
2) I need to watch Wet Hot American Summer...because it's got @ThatNickGuy in it!
nick.jpg

Dave

Staff member
Of 7 I knew 7 and I'm seen 7.[DOUBLEPOST=1499284534,1499284447][/DOUBLEPOST]And these kids need to go see O Brother, Where Art Thou like NOW!

GasBandit

Staff member
I love this series more with every episode.

And yes, there is actual plot continuity, not that anyone watching this seemingly random gagfest on its own could probably tell :p

I especially like that I snagged this gif from it.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I get the feeling that a lot of the "explosion" damage on those watermelons comes from the compressed air blasting in the hole left by the malteaser.

I get the feeling that a lot of the "explosion" damage on those watermelons comes from the compressed air blasting in the hole left by the malteaser.
Yeah, even the slo-mo makes it look like the Whoppers pierce the hole, but then the rest of the damage is done by the gas jet inflating the watermelon via the fresh hole.

--Patrick

To be fair, I was not aware that was the reason behind "Semi-Charmed Life", either. TIL.

I also don't know why my brain always thinks "Smells like Teen Spirit" came out in '92 or '93. '91 seems too early. Or maybe the 90's are just a jumble for me. Thanks for nothing, teen years!

GasBandit

Staff member
Hello again, that "wow you can't trust video any more" moment from Rising Sun

(This video is not political, merely technological)

GasBandit

Staff member
Meh. No desire to watch teens turn their nose up at music I liked at some point.
I wouldn't say they turned up their noses, it was more like a lot of "ooh I know this I hear it all the time what's it called... what's it called... errrrr"