The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, what happened to their video quality? Contrast is too high for people that pale.

Also, that's the drunkest I've ever seen them.
I don't know if they fixed their contrast problem or if these are just less-pale Irish people... buuuut

"So this is Hummingbird Cake..." (alarmed look) "I'm vegetarian...!"

What's amazing to me isn't that he made the jump. What's amazing to me is he's had enough practice to look at that feature and think "yeah, I can make that."

fade

Staff member
Does nationality or age even matter in these react videos, or do they just get a selection of assholes together and give this something to bitch about?

GasBandit

Staff member
Does nationality or age even matter in these react videos, or do they just get a selection of assholes together and give this something to bitch about?
Well, those particular react videos are Irish-specific (their Youtube channel is called "Facts." With the period at the end). This is different from the other channel I usually post, Fine Bros, who are just random Americans (ok, random SOUTHERN CALIFORNIANS) broken up mostly by age group. I also watch a couple other channels I don't usually post that focus on Korean and Japanese people reacting to things. It's a hoot watching North Korean defectors try American barbecue for the first time.

GasBandit

Staff member
This made me laugh harder than it probably should have.

"It's Treason, Then" scene, but redubbed with the google translate japanese voice.

(Closed captioning might help in decoding the Engrish)

"I amu de senatu!"

"Notto yettu."

"It'su Tareesun, zennu."

NYAAAAAA

fade

Staff member
Long, but interesting and educational. If you want a podcast-style listen, the visuals are helpful, but not necessary.

I call bullshit. Especially at the end when it "kicks" the bag and it reacts.
I noticed that, too. I am assuming a stagehand or someone hits it enough to deform it during the dark phase and then steps out of the shot. Certainly doable, just adds a lot to the complexity.

Also this is no Bot & Dolly, but it's still impressive.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
The weird thing is that thanks to memes, these kids know stills from these movies even though they've never seen them. No, I didn't watch the video, and yes, I'm sure they addressed exactly that in it.