Rant VIII: The Reckoning

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, but the original original use is buried somewhere in 30 L4D videos that I had no idea where to find at short notice while at work.

Dog threw up water and bile and can't poop. Looks groggy and shaky. Taking her to the vet now, hopefully she's just a little under the weather.

Because things don't suck enough this year, apparently.

So mom has been home from the nursing home for a week. To say it's a challenge is an understatement. If you put the food in front of her, she can eat, but most anything else is beyond her. She can't dress herself, make food for herself, or go to the bathroom without assistance. She has to do it all with one "good" arm. And that's being generous. She doesn't have decent range of motion in that anymore. To make it even more frustrating, her mind is fine.

We thought Meals on Wheels would be an option, but it turns out not so much. The problem is even with a fully stocked refrigerator and pantry, she cannot prepare anything for herself and then get it back to where she would eat it. It's far easier for me to stop at Subway on the way home, cut her sandwich in half, and then get the uneaten half out of the fridge for her right before I go to bed. She likes the Subway food better anyway. The MoW food would just pile up in the fridge going to waste.

There's more, but that'll be for another post.
I dread the day I have to deal with this. So: hugs, man

(And my brother's out West, sigh)

Dog threw up water and bile and can't poop. Looks groggy and shaky. Taking her to the vet now, hopefully she's just a little under the weather.

Because things don't suck enough this year, apparently.
She's staying there for the afternoon, they're gonna give her some oxygen and an IV to make sure she's not dehydrated, then do some chest x-rays. Probably won't hear anything until later today.

Dave

Staff member
She's staying there for the afternoon, they're gonna give her some oxygen and an IV to make sure she's not dehydrated, then do some chest x-rays. Probably won't hear anything until later today.
That sucks, man. I'm having a hard time putting my mom's dog down (yes, he's still alive - he doesn't act sick even though I know he is) and I don't like him.

Putting my Dallas down was hard, though.

We just brought her home. They had her on oxygen all afternoon and used a drip to get some fluid out of her lungs. She's much more alert and happy, though at the moment is just snoozing.

She's fine for now, but it's all part and parcel with congestive heart failure so who knows how much longer she's got.

My Grandmother has just been diagnosed with Leukemia. Her brother died of it just last year, from taking his own life after getting too sick to function.

She's in her 80's, so it's unlikely they can do much for her, the treatment would hurt more than it would help. This might sound morbid, but what upsets me most about this is I had hoped my Grandfather would be the first of them to pass. I can see my grandmother being able to continue on after his death, but he would be lost without her.

...that that makes you a "fat faggot racist ass pussy shithead?"
I think that they forgot the words "fucking" and "bastard" in the description. I mean, if you're gonna put together a string of cuss words for an "insult" you shouldn't forget those two.

Dear lord I am sorry that you know that person.

I just cut them out of my life. I've done it, I'd do it again. Life's is too short, and money always too tight to help string someone along that had all the same opportunities that I did.

I'm not saying that's possible for you, but it was my solution... twice. One came back into my life because she straightened her life out, the other didn't. I've also been called a soul-less bastard, mean, heartless and many, many other names, but I've always been a proponent of tough love. If you came to me and asked for help with the monthly things, because you had lost your job, and then took the money I gave you (NOT a loan, never expected it back) and I did without on a couple of things, and you come and show off your new tattoo, yeah, not happening again.

Fun. My brothers and I have had our ups and downs (I've posted about them here before too) but nothing like that.

I hope your brother can grow up and you guys can work things out.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try eating better and exercising. The latest bout of depression left me almost back to my original weight of 240lbs, which was where I was at before I lost a bunch of weight some years ago.

One thing I'm doing for the first time is take a picture every day and hopefully see the visual changes. Doubt it'll be anything I'll share since I'm in my underwear. Then again, I guess that's no different than a bathing suit. Still not something I'm comfortable sharing.

So, tomorrow I start back on doing the DDP Yoga Wake Up every morning. And going for walks. We'll see how this goes. I'm horrible with keeping on myself with pretty much anything.

EDIT: Just looked at the pics I just took (both front and side). UUUUUUUGH. I look horrible.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
What diet? The wife and I started keto. I'm at 193.4 from 207 and she's lost 18 pounds. It's been two or three weeks.

What diet? The wife and I started keto. I'm at 193.4 from 207 and she's lost 18 pounds. It's been two or three weeks.
While I'm not usually a fan of fad diets, keto really does work quite well from what I've observed. I'd start it myself if I thought I could live without bread.

While I'm not usually a fan of fad diets, keto really does work quite well from what I've observed. I'd start it myself if I thought I could live without bread.
That was our failing. My wife and I lost a lot of weight on keto, but we love carbs too much. Though after we fell off the keto diet, we found that our carb intake has greatly diminished from how much we ate before it.

When we were doing keto, and I'd go to the grocery store, I could walk down the bread aisle and be willing to kill someone for that bread. I'm not talking about the fresh baked either--when i was doing Keto, I could smell a sealed loaf of wonder bread at 50 yards. :/

Okay, I think that I'm ready for freaking 2016 to be done.

We just got word that another family member of my wife's father hung himself tonight. This was the only son of the Aunt that we buried last Wednesday. This year can just fuck off now.

I can't even... this is just too much in under 2 weeks. Nobody, and I mean nobody, should have to visit the family cemetery this close together for funerals. I, hell I don't know. I was weird that there was still the full mound of a freshly filled in grave was behind us last week, to go back and have 2 freshly filled in graves... this family needs a break from this right now. This is going to be a very difficult holiday season for the whole family.

GasBandit

Staff member
Boy, there's nothing like coming into work and immediately getting yanked into the General Manager's office to tell "my side of the story."

A jock didn't do production on a commercial assigned to him weeks ago, and didn't do it in a way I wouldn't catch it, so now I get the blame.

Boy, there's nothing like coming into work and immediately getting yanked into the General Manager's office to tell "my side of the story."

A jock didn't do production on a commercial assigned to him weeks ago, and didn't do it in a way I wouldn't catch it, so now I get the blame.
Clearly you need more checks and balances.

--Patrick

Necronic

Staff member
So it's my younger brothers wedding this weekend. My older brother did not bring the clothing he was supposed to. Had to borrow a suit from my younger brother. He also did not bring the correct attire to my wedding. He was the only groomsman dressed differently.

I don't know how someone can be so self absorbed to pull this shit 2 times in a row.

Dave

Staff member
My "brother" showed up to my wedding in shorts and a tank top. He had been boating, you see, and sorry he was late and missed everything. Oh, where's the bar?

My video card fought my OS, and the card won!
My video card fought my OS , and the card won.

But my HD was an innocent bystander victim...