Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Personal Protection Equipment.

Wear it folks.

Just had 10,000 psi explode in my face.

Had I not worn my PPE, probably couldn't get milk on the way home today.

Thanks for all the hugs! I wish that I could stay more calm when the hives happen like that. I get all frantic and I know it doesn't help, but I can't help it.

Right before it happened, I had been working on a flower drawing that was coming along well. :(

Dave

Staff member
Had a gig today. 3 1/2 hours. It was a guy's 30th birthday party and I only charged him $100 because (a) I had nothing on the books at the time and (b) because I was going to be using it for promotional material. I hired a production company - paid $350 deposit - and set up the gig to do The Feud, The Match Game, Beat the Clock, stand-up, and some improv. Dressed in my tux because we were going to be interviewed.

The videographer did not show. Now I have to chase that fucker down and get my "non-refundable" deposit back. I might have to take his ass to court since he had it as non-refundable. Mother fucker.

fade

Staff member
Or browsers could support the EXIF standard. I mean it's only a few decades old now, yet Safari is still one of the few browsers supporting it

Or browsers could support the EXIF standard. I mean it's only a few decades old now, yet Safari is still one of the few browsers supporting it
I'm browsing on Safari at the moment, but it's still leaning to the left, even when opened in its own tab/widow.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My wife and I are doing the mannequin challenge. I'm doing it at work and she's doing it in bed. I gotta say she's a lot better at it than I am.[DOUBLEPOST=1479871584,1479871575][/DOUBLEPOST]:rimshot:[DOUBLEPOST=1479871605][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, that joke KILLED at my event last Saturday.

GasBandit

Staff member
My wife and I are doing the mannequin challenge. I'm doing it at work and she's doing it in bed. I gotta say she's a lot better at it than I am.[DOUBLEPOST=1479871584,1479871575][/DOUBLEPOST]:rimshot:[DOUBLEPOST=1479871605][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, that joke KILLED at my event last Saturday.

That is the nick name I use to describe some one who is so afraid of being wrong they can not accept any one else being right. They also see disaster in all things and run around like a chicken proclaiming doom and gloom. Think a human mosquito who by the gift of law from civilized society is prevented from being drop kicked into a grain combine.

Well. Thanksgiving was... fun... Wife and my family got into a fight (yelling) and it's been building up for a few months now, and as we were leaving we found out from my mom that our Exchange student has been going around to my family telling them how my wife is "unstable" (when I don't even think she's raised her voice since the exchange student has been here), which basically caused the fight between everyone because she's been spreading rumors about us. So yeah, she's getting relocated ASAP. This exchange program was an epic fail for us for our first time.

I have been forced to admit that my personal schedule just does not work with what goes on around me.
I'm used to late nights (prefer them, actually) but since literally everyone else in the household has to start their routines by 6:30a (whether they want to or not!), I have to fight every morning for those last couple hours of sleep. This is taking a toll on my mind, my body, etc.
Therefore, I will very soon have to force my schedule backwards about 4hrs in order to mesh with those around me, and I will be hating every minute of it (all 240), every day.

--Patrick

My psychologist was interested in seeing old school transcripts and report cards. Largely for my history with ADD/ADHD. I knew I had my old report cards from Grades 1-6 for the longest time. I'd often pull them out to see my old grades and teacher's comments.

Except...now I can't find it. I've searched high and low. I've checked every possible box, including my memory box. But I can't find it.

My biggest worry is that I threw it out during one of my major depressive periods. I can't imagine doing that, even at my worst, but I guess it's possible.

My psychologist was interested in seeing old school transcripts and report cards. Largely for my history with ADD/ADHD. I knew I had my old report cards from Grades 1-6 for the longest time. I'd often pull them out to see my old grades and teacher's comments.

Except...now I can't find it. I've searched high and low. I've checked every possible box, including my memory box. But I can't find it.

My biggest worry is that I threw it out during one of my major depressive periods. I can't imagine doing that, even at my worst, but I guess it's possible.
Did you maybe pull it out to look at it, and left it where you were when done with it? Could then have been re-filed in the wrong spot, like between comic books or in a manuscript stack.

Dave

Staff member
I went through this same thing looking for my adoption papers recently. Then I found them the next day in a place that I'd looked through, my wife had looked through, and my daughter had looked through. Now I have them all in a specific place with the rest of my paperwork.

Did you maybe pull it out to look at it, and left it where you were when done with it? Could then have been re-filed in the wrong spot, like between comic books or in a manuscript stack.
It's in a box large enough that it stands out. It'd take up enough room in, say, a banana box where I have a lot of my books. It's in a...I don't know how you'd describe it. Like a small box you'd put important papers in, like a filing box or something? Flat like a hardcover book.

A few bright sides from all the searching, though:
1) Dad had my old high school transcripts and report cards. I thought they were lost long ago. No surprise that the most common comments from teachers was "easily distracted" or "doesn't put in enough effort." Even for English and Writing, which surprised me. Still, that's something I can bring to my psychiatrist next week.
2) Found my Battle Cat and Panthor He-Man figures in one box. Not the original ones from the 80s, but the remade ones around the early 2000s. My nieces used to play with them. Didn't even know I had any of that stuff left.
3) Some books I used for writing research, and a transcript from a spirit guide reading I had once.
4) A CD my friends made for me when I moved to Toronto years ago.
5) An old scribbler with art I made based on my favourite horror movies when I was about 10 or 11. Even includes one of my earliest pieces of writing, when I wrote stories starring Gizmo from Gremlins.

The new medication I'm on must be working because losing my old report cards would ordinarily be devastating for me. I'm extremely disappointed, but I'm surprisingly not depressed about it.

Last edited:
It's in a box large enough that it stands out. It'd take up enough room in, say, a banana box where I have a lot of my books. It's in a...I don't know how you'd describe it. Like a small box you'd put important papers in, like a filing box or something? Flat like a hardcover book.

A few bright sides from all the searching, though:
1) Dad had my old high school transcripts and report cards. I thought they were lost long ago. No surprise that the most common comments from teachers was "easily distracted" or "doesn't put in enough effort." Even for English and Writing, which surprised me. Still, that's something I can bring to my psychiatrist next week.
2) Found my Battle Cat and Panthor He-Man figures in one box. Not the original ones from the 80s, but the remade ones around the early 2000s. My nieces used to play with them. Didn't even know I had any of that stuff left.
3) Some books I used for writing research, and a transcript from a spirit guide reading I had once.
4) A CD my friends made for me when I moved to Toronto years ago.
5) An old scribbler with art I made based on my favourite horror movies when I was about 10 or 11. Even includes one of my earliest pieces of writing, when I wrote stories starring Gizmo from Gremlins.

The new medication I'm on must be working because losing my old report cards would ordinarily be devastating for me. I'm extremely disappointed, but I'm surprisingly not depressed about it.
Nick, I am so happy to hear this, man. Really glad you're getting some traction out of this new medication.

The doctor said he was doing much better than his lab results indicated.
OK, they ran the needle through his back and into his lung and drained the fluid away this morning. He seems to be in better spirits, but is in some discomfort. The only reason they found the pneumonia was an MRI he had for some long term back pain. So when the hospital is finished with him for his lung, he will go to a rehab facility to get some of his strength back.