Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on OK cupid and the forums on that are HARSH. Seriously you'd think having your picture up and having less anonymity would help but it's just a notch under /b/.

Don't let anything they say get you down. Haters gonna hate!

After looking at your profile, or what I was allowed to see (I think I'd need to sign up to see it all) I can readily say that I would take you to a nice dinner. Not like The Ritz or anything, but not Denny's either.

Red Lobster or something, if you're into that.

And that's not the post child for white trash. I know the actual kid on the poster. He's a nice guy, but a mean drunk.

Cajungal

Staff member
Psh, that's ridiculous. Try and ignore that garbage nick.

As for me... Well well well. It was a friend's welcome-home party after another year overseas for the army. He's finally back, and he's ecstatic. This girl he started dating--a friend of mine, actually--has been waiting eagerly for him to come back so that they can really get to know one another better and build their relationship. They hadn't dated long at all before he left, but they decided to become exclusive and pick it up when he got back. Welll the first thing she decides to do tonight is pick a fight. What the hell?... In front of everyone, too. I saw him all day and night... he didn't do anything but eat, drink, and talk to everyone. He didn't avoid her, but he didn't cling to her either. If they're going through some trouble, that's their business, but I was annoyed that she made a big dramatic scene in the middle of his homecoming party. He tried to fix it too--asked her what was wrong and what he could do, but she just sulked. Oy, back to reality after the big "romantic" long-distance thing. I hope that... I don't know what I hope... just for my friends to be happy somehow I guess. I was a little afraid of this already.

You can't help the standards that people build up in their own heads. When reality crashes in? Tough titty for Janey - she should be old enough to know better

Sounds like she wanted to make drama for the sake of making it dramatic and public. No offense to your friend, but sounds a bit like a drama queen. Does she do crap like that often?

W

Wasabi Poptart

She sounds very immature. Tell the male friend in this relationship to be careful.

Cajungal

Staff member
Yeah, she is both of those things. She's actually the youngest sister of an old friend of mine. I thought it might have gone away a bit with age, but I guess not. Worst part is that there was a girlfriend of hers there kind of feeding her attitude, and she even got a little pissy at her fiance.

Which brings me to another rant... why do so many couples feel the need to "put on a show" at a gathering?! You know what I mean? Either people are competing to see who loves each other the most in a PDA contest or they're having a bickering session every 5 minutes about something that they'd let go in a heartbeat if no one was watching. Or the girlfriend won't stop slapping the guy because she knows she can probably get away with it. Not everyone was like that tonight, but argh, it's aggravating.

Because as was said above, reality doesn't match up to fiction/fantasy. On a broad scale, I think a lot of people get the wrong idea of love because of stupid movies/books. They need to be the stars of their passionate love story, and that means having something worth watching. Hence we have the popcorn emoticon :p. This kind of person doesn't learn about the importance of communication, of understanding in a relationship, of loving a person enough that their happiness is your happiness. They're concerned too much about what everyone else is doing. It's the reason my mom used to get into fights with my dad and stepdad, because that's how people are "supposed" to act. (She may still do this; I have no idea. Haven't lived there in years, and goddamn, it's nice to not have the yelling and shouting all the time.)

Cajungal

Staff member
Oy. Yeah, I've seen her on facebook for a year now "BABY YOU ARE MY WORLD I LOVE YOU AND I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU IN MY LIFE WE'RE ALMOST THERE BABY!" and the first thing she does when the reality of being together comes crashing down again is confront him about something probably stupid after getting ridiculously shit-faced. Why get so drunk last night? I'd want to remember my boyfriend's homecoming as he finishes up with the army at last... but maybe I'm weird.

W

Wasabi Poptart

This kind of person doesn't learn about the importance of communication, of understanding in a relationship, of loving a person enough that their happiness is your happiness. They're concerned too much about what everyone else is doing. It's the reason my mom used to get into fights with my dad and stepdad, because that's how people are "supposed" to act.
I completely agree, especially with the bolded part. There are so many people who think they have to prove their undying love and commitment by acting the way they think they are supposed to rather than by being themselves.
Plus, it is easy to romanticize the long distance love affair in a military relationship. He's away fighting a war. I'm home keeping the fires burning. Just like all of those Hollyweird movies about war. Until he walks through the door and it is not as rosy of a picture as it has been made out to be. Homecoming isn't easy even when they haven't been in combat. And if you've been kidding yourself about what it's going to be like, then you are going to have major problems. This chick probably has no clue or is too self-centered to care from the way it sounds.

Which brings me to another rant... why do so many couples feel the need to "put on a show" at a gathering?! You know what I mean? Either people are competing to see who loves each other the most in a PDA contest or they're having a bickering session every 5 minutes about something that they'd let go in a heartbeat if no one was watching. Or the girlfriend won't stop slapping the guy because she knows she can probably get away with it. Not everyone was like that tonight, but argh, it's aggravating.
Me and my girlfriend never did wither of those. Mostly, when we went to a party, we'd sit together for a while, but then I'd go talk to this dude, and she'd go talk some girls over tere, et cetera. Not that that's better, I'm just saying is all. Which brings me to my next point...

RANT: Today would've been our anniversary. :( For as rough as that relationship was, I wish we could've stayed friends afterwards, or that I still had prospects on the horizon.

Cajungal

Staff member
You're absolutely right, Wildsoul. I'll be perfectly frank... I hope they break up. He can do much better. This guy is one of my best male friends. He's like a brother to me, and I'm very protective of him, because he's dated some awful women. He's a weird combination of classic overly-chivalrous (aka usable) and wildly outspoken, which attracts some strange birds I s'pose.

Sorry, Kev. :( I hope you feel better. Ya never know what's just around the corner! Did you enjoy the Nibbler I bought you?...

Gusto!

Step 1) take off shirt!

Step 2) stand next to a keg

Step 3) meet new girlfriend

Step 4) forget old one forever

Problem solved!

GUSTO

HELP ME

HELP YOU

HELP ME

HELP YOU

ok, new plan:

You're going to need to get some scars. They can be anywhere, but aim for the chest area. get a bunny, and keep it next to the panting. Post a sign that says "Look for: Muse, Live Model. Must not be like everyone else. Mustache rides a dollar."

Be drinking a large margarita and have the requirements to make more.

Name your first child Phil regardless of gender.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Use the scars to your advantage! When a woman sees the scars, and she asks you what you do for a living, tell her that you wrestle bears!

M

makare

rage at my sister an addendum:

She just called me from work needing a ride so she can go take a pbt. I went to get her and headed off to the jail. Halfway there she said "the jail is out by the prison now". Ohhh right I would know that, thanks for telling me at the beginning of this stupid drive. So I had to drive her from her job on the very western edge of town out the prison which is a few miles out of town on the east. I am doubly pissed off because since this will be her second DUI it will be even longer before she can drive herself around forcing me and my parents to do it. Pisses me off >.<

M

makare

I dont know what we are going to do in the long term. For now the only way we can be sure she goes to work is if we take her. I just dont like being treated like a taxi service and yeah she is ungrateful.

You know Makare, you guys want her to get through this (you and Mom) but she isn't interested in that. No matter what you do FOR her she'll never appreciate it nor change. She's gonna have to hit bottom, and you guys have to let her no matter how much it hurts you, before she will ever be capable or desire to get better and change. Yes it sucks to be in your position. Yes it's gonna hurt, but it will be for the best in the long run. You have to support your mom and help her through this, there is nothing that you can do for your sister.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I have to agree with Sparhawk. Your sister is going to have to pick herself up. You and your mom cannot help her if she will not help herself first. It's hard. It's ugly. But what you guys are doing right now is only enabling her to continue this pattern of abuse and addiction.

M

makare

Yeah my mom said tonight that we wont take her to pbt.

We are torn though because we want her to get to work because she owes my stepdad like thousands of dollars. So we have an interest in her working. If we dont give her rides she'll probably just stop going which means that she will have to move out. that doesnt bother me really but then he wont get that money back.

The problem with loaning to deadbeat family members is that you will likely never see that money. It's regrettable, but it might as well be written off. Your sister has not learned her lesson yet. Until she grows up, she will be as a cancer to your family. Cut her off, separate yourselves, and only allow her back to the fold once she's learned how to comport herself like a responsible human adult.

My $0.02

W

Wasabi Poptart

Yeah my mom said tonight that we wont take her to pbt.

We are torn though because we want her to get to work because she owes my stepdad like thousands of dollars. So we have an interest in her working. If we dont give her rides she'll probably just stop going which means that she will have to move out. that doesnt bother me really but then he wont get that money back.
Unfortunately, I don't believe your step-father will see that money again. I'd wager your sister will end up owing him even more if this situation is allowed to continue. How is she going to work while she's in jail anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.