Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my roommates and I had noticed two spots of water damage on our living room ceiling shortly after we moved in, and when we went to fill out our property report yesterday we pointed out the water spots to the other two roommates. Then we realized, one had gotten much darker. It was yellow before, now there were spots of black.

Crap. It's mold. Looks like its probably the shower pipe upstairs. We told the landlord and luckily she is fast acting, unlike our previous landlord. Her sons are here today to fix it all.

Turns out, it wasn't the shower. One of the pipes from the toilet has been leaking, so not only was their mold, but when they cut out the ceiling and removed the offending pipe, there was some.... spillage. Not much, thankfully. But a bit.

Thanks, as much it hurts, it was for the best ultimately I think. She's been severly depressed, was down to under 100 pounds and in the initial stages of Alzheimers. Her heart couldn't handle the weight loss. Anyways, thanks for the wishes.

So, I'm getting into this weekend's FanExpo for free. My local comic book store is looking for extra people to work the table and I offered. This'll be my first ever convention, so I'm a bit excited for that.

To be honest, though, I've been looking at some of the programmed appearances and such and...I don't know. There's a lot of creators, writers, artists, actors, etc that I just don't give two craps about. I rarely give a damn about celebrities, since I'm a casual fan about most of this stuff, at best. Besides, any that I'd be interested in meeting (Adam West, Summer Glau), I don't know if I'd want to just to avoid acting like an idiot.

So yeah, think I might stick to the table mostly and see about turning people onto some good comics. Might wander a bit, but my interest in the con overall is kinda low.

It just seems kinda... whiny, I guess Nick. I like ya but you seem awful unappreciative of this opportunity.

At least, I assume that's what Amy is face palming about?

It just seems kinda... whiny, I guess Nick. I like ya but you seem awful unappreciative of this opportunity.

#1919[/QUOTE]

*sigh* What I posted is separate, just like all other rants and such on here. I said my peace to him and I'm sorry for Frank. Am I supposed to respond to every single rant on here before I'm allowed to give my own.

Anyway, I'm happy for the opportunity. I'm just finding that, once I'm finally able to go to a con, I'm not caring about it all that much. Actors aren't much interest in me; more so the writers and the creative process of putting lines in those mouths. And the comic creators that are going are ones that I don't care much for, either.

I'll probably just wander about, see the sights and work the table.

D

Disconnected

#1919[/QUOTE]

*sigh* What I posted is separate, just like all other rants and such on here. I said my peace to him and I'm sorry for Frank. Am I supposed to respond to every single rant on here before I'm allowed to give my own.

Anyway, I'm happy for the opportunity. I'm just finding that, once I'm finally able to go to a con, I'm not caring about it all that much. Actors aren't much interest in me; more so the writers and the creative process of putting lines in those mouths. And the comic creators that are going are ones that I don't care much for, either.

I'll probably just wander about, see the sights and work the table.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure actors aren't much interested in you either. The fact that you brought up you aren't interested in meeting the 'talent' is pointless and done in poor taste.

"Hai guyz i r werking con but none of the cool stars r ther so i wont enjoy myself"

*SMACK* C'mon boy, Volunteer your balls out and see what happens. All you needed to say was:

So, I'm getting into this weekend's FanExpo for free. My local comic book store is looking for extra people to work the table and I offered. This'll be my first ever convention, so I'm a bit excited for that.

everything after that was "emo nick - self confidence destroyer of worlds".

How is that pointless and done in poor taste? Am I not allowed to have a general uninterest in things like that? I'm just realizing that the majority of the con is about these appearances and I'm only now feeling underwhelmed about it. Lots of people are excited about meeting actors and such and I'm not. What's the big deal?

But you know, thanks for the unneeded attack and general dickery.

I forget the minor rant thread even exists most times. Forget it. I'm gonna walk away from this and go to bed. Had enough attacks for one night.

D

Disconnected

you're welcome.
you are bringing yourself down by speaking of what you are disinterested in about it. Bringing yourself down is bad.
What are you interested in at this particular one you are going to? you have comic knowledge coming out your ass, perhaps sharing the knowledge is what will make it fun for you not the celebrities.
You haven't even gone yet and you already don't care about it.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm so sorry for your loss, Frank. It's good that at least she doesn't have to suffer anymore. I hope that you and your family's healing time is swift and that you have lots of good memories.

I fell like an ass. I saw that fFrank had lost someone close but I went with the 'What I would want' approach.

I remember when my mom died I hated it when people I hardly knew told me they were sorry for my loss. It just..bugged me. It hurt. I would rather that they just changed the subject or something. I don't know....sorry.

Cajungal

Staff member
Also, I wasn't going to say anything, but apparently this isn't over yet. Leave the Nick stuff alone. This is the rant thread. Nick or anyone else here who uses this instead of the "minor rant" thread isn't trying to cheapen any more serious rants. The minor rant thread is comparatively new.

It's clear that he's going through some other stuff right now that's stressing him out. And does it really bother anyone that much that someone they don't know personally chooses not to attend a certain event. You can think the reasons aren't good, and you can even argue (correctly, but still...) that putting something out there leaves it open to be debated. But still. Move on. Find something else to do.

That said, I hope that you DO have fun if you go, Nick. I know without a doubt I'd make an idiot of myself if I met a celebrity that I really loved... not that that would stop me.

I'm sorry for your loss Frank :(

I'm about to have a meeting (well, me and the other foreign teachers) with the principal to get a tongue lashing (or worse, who knows) for "losing students" this semester. The enrollment dropped somewhat sharply and the principal decided it's all our fault. Heck, I've heard he's blaming me specifically, despite the fact a lot of students that left I don't even teach. Mr. Principal wants a cushy job back in Korea and won't get his nice little letter of recommendation from the board of directors for this mess so someone has to take the fall.

RANT: I had tentative plans to go to FanExpo in Toronto this weekend and asked Nick about it a couple of times in a couple of threads but I decided not to go because he never responded to me. AND NOW LOOK AT HIM.

;)

I found other cool plans, no worries, bro.

M

makare

last night was so stressful.

three of my friends helped me move into my dorm and afterward we were sitting around in my room talking. One of them lives in the dorm so she went up to her room for like five minutes and then came back and resumed her spot sitting on the desk we chatted for a while and then she just fell off the desk. we were all like wtf she said she had been pregaming because there was a party tonight and so we tried to laugh it off, i really tried because this chick is in AA so i was really upset.

Another friend was hungry so we went to the pub to eat we had been sitting for life five minutes and the friend who drank threw up all over herself. another friend and i took her to the bathroom where she proceeded to throw up the 24 oz of brandy she had chugged when she went to her room. my friend stayed in the bathroom with her for an hour then we took her to that friends place where she remained incoherent, but not like alcohol poisoning which is what we were worried about, then she just passed out there.

I was stressed about it but my friend, the one who wasnt in the bathroom with the drunk friend, was really scared, which made me scared. As we have discussed over and over on here I do not drink, I have no experience with alcohol really and I dont want any. But this friend drinks like a fish so the fact that she was scared really worried me. She was also scared because this friend, the one who was drinking, is such a together person and to see her so out of control of herself was really bizarre.

My friend came down today because she had left her phone in my room. She was ok and everything but she cant remember anything from last night. We went to lunch and then shopping. She smells like distillery but she is ok. So im happy. Later Im going to talk to her about AA and getting in touch with her sponsor.

I think what was most upsetting about last night was it brought back some of the most traumatic memories from my childhood like my mom passed out naked in the bathroom and not waking up. It was really painful. Im worried about my friend.

I know where you're coming from. I have similar problems of the past, and my friends don't understand why I don't wanna be around them in their drunken parties. Sorry you gotta be living with that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.