Question on the handling of Warnings/Infractions/Bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like that the punishment takes place in the background but it would be nice to know that something happened. I see threads where things are going down and it does look like mods don't care. It would be nice after some of the shit storms to see a 'warnings issued' or 'problem taken to pms' or something to know that our forum is being looked after.

I do like that the punishment takes place in the background but it would be nice to know that something happened. I see threads where things are going down and it does look like mods don't care. It would be nice after some of the shit storms to see a 'warnings issued' or 'problem taken to pms' or something to know that our forum is being looked after.
Usually we mention stuff like that if it's all centralized in one thread, and we do the moderation/lock at the same time.

A lot of people seem willing to rise to the bait being presented by an asshole. I've generally approved of the moderation here, but banning people seems a (generally) extreme move. It takes two to tango. I know one side might be 'more wrong' than another, but for the love of fuck, a troll can't troll if his target doesn't respond. If people could just keep their conversation going without addressing him, he's just standing in the hall with his flaccid dick hanging out. Don't talk to that guy. He has his dick out. In a hallway.

(In this metaphor, the hallway is a thread. And the guy with his dick out is far, far away, and you don't know or care about him. And you can't see his dick. But, it probably is out.)

Look, if someone gets into an argument with you in PM, and refuses to stop when you ask them to do so, you have every right in the universe to go to the mods about it.

Especially if it's Shego hitting on your wife. ;)
Yeah but you went to the mods to brag about it, not complain ;)
I wonder if Shego would hit on my wife...
She's obviously got good taste, so I'm going to say yes.

This thread is gross now. Why you guys got to be so gross.

Talkin' bout bangin'!
Scandalous!

And then Dave looks down on the thread, sees that it's gone off-topic from mod regulations to whose wives can attract Shego's attentions, and smiles, knowing all is right on Halforums.

BananaHands

Staff member
Just promise me that if I ever get banned, someone makes a BANana'd joke or something.

Seriously guys, it's all I ask.

M

makare

Since it happened mostly in PM no one really knows anything more than the usual.

somethinmg something bannede. I really can't type right now. I was going to read through my 9 alerts but it will have to wait for tomorrow. Austin is awesome. That is all.

ElJuski

Staff member
I say we all parse everything out in little tidbits some more and make Dave and company's hobby, sorry, second full-time job, that much more annoying.

No raises this year, assholes.

fade

Staff member
I like that everyone is dancing around the fact that the real reason they want a "banned" title under the person's name is so they can rubberneck at the car wreck mentioned in the first post. (Me too)

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's a fun fact - Gas Bandit has never been banned. So, if you get banned, it means you're even more egregious an asshole than Gas Bandit.

I am comfortable being the threshold of egregiousness.

For a forum that lacks a common bond, the conversations here have been pretty civil compared to some of the other forums I've been on. Considering that many of you have travelled together for well on 5 or 6 years now, it's almost inevitable for there to be some fractious moments between prolific (or distinct) individuals. I have my own issues with some of the moderation and I'm not entirely sold on the concept of "praise in public, punish in private" because that presupposes people are praised for handling conflict well. Quite the opposite, the drama threads tend to be the most highly trafficked and commented threads. Personal interactions build up pressure no different than a steam engine; you are awarded forward motion if people are given the opportunity to bounce off of each other, even if it's in a 'negative' fashion. If a valve is never opened allowing for those (Negative, unproductive, false) interactions, inevitably the pressure builds up and it's an explosion instead of a vent.

Are you trying to tell me that people aren't automatons that react to the exact same stimuli in the exact same way every time? Because that just does not compute.

Status
Not open for further replies.