Question on the handling of Warnings/Infractions/Bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Dave. I'll say my piece so people can get back to their derailing du jour.
Thank you. I'm sure I speak the opinion of many when I state my appreciation for your reasoned post and suggestions, and how delightful I find it when posters treat a serious topic regarding the future of these boards with the respect and consideration it deserves. However, I would also ask for your understanding in the sense that there are current traditions to be upheld here, and your forgiveness if I re-commence with the herp-derp.
He's just making a modest proposal.
It just seems to me that a modest scale would push up the price even further, making it a delicacy of the rich. And a high price might result in black market transactions dealing in sub-par goods, given that the raw materials are basically available everywhere. I view it as preferable if the product can reasonably be made available to members of varying income brackets.

North_Ranger

Staff member
You know who were the first people to get Mad Cow Disease?

It wasn't the Brits. It was a tribe that practiced ritual cannibalism in Papua New Guinea, if memory serves. Something about how the disease is most effectively spread by eating meat of the same species that has been tainted with it.

Hence why all those people in Great Britain got sick; the cows had been fed with food that contained cow bits.

So no thanks, folks, I'll stick to my main sources of meat: pork, chicken, beef, the occasional bit of lamb and horse, and whatever the hell they put in kebabs.

However, that's not to say I'm completely opposed to certain kind of, ahem, eating :unibrow:

You know who were the first people to get Mad Cow Disease?

It wasn't the Brits. It was a tribe that practiced ritual cannibalism in Papua New Guinea, if memory serves. Something about how the disease is most effectively spread by eating meat of the same species that has been tainted with it.
If you're remembering the same case that I am, the ritual was to specifically eat the brains of the departed, resulting in what I believe Guiness classified as the Rarest Disease In The World*.

--Patrick
*Pretty sure about this but having a hard time researching due to being on iPod.

EDIT: Yep. It's called "Kuru" if you want to go Googling.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Eh, still a good enough reason for me not to go and chew on my neighbour. Not to mention the fact that they're old and probably kinda chewy.

GasBandit

Staff member
I was gonna say, too, it was the brain-eating that did it. That's where industrialized BSE (Bovine spongiform encephalopathy, the fancy name for mad cow disease) comes from ultracheap cow feed where, after everything humans could possibly want to eat was stripped off the cow carcass, everything that was left over was ground up in to mush (including the brain) and fed to the other cows.

I seem to recall my upper-secondary school history teacher telling us how the brain was one of the favoured parts during the Siege of Leningrad amongst the more *ahem* pragmatic of the starving citizenry. It had something to do with the brain being one of the organs where the body tried to keep blood circulating to till the end.

It was a long time ago and I can't find any quick references to support it, but if true, then perhaps zombies are smarter than we give them credit for.

I seem to recall my upper-secondary school history teacher telling us how the brain was one of the favoured parts during the Siege of Leningrad amongst the more *ahem* pragmatic of the starving citizenry. It had something to do with the brain being one of the organs where the body tried to keep blood circulating to till the end.

It was a long time ago and I can't find any quick references to support it, but if true, then perhaps zombies are smarter than we give them credit for.
It's one of the most intersting parts of the body to eat, nutrient-wise. It's also far less tough and stringy than most parts. Most muscles in a human are far too tough to be nice to eat, and the brain is less "strong" of flavour than most other organs. Compare to chicken kidneys, liver and brain: the brain has by far the least "organ-y" taste.

Speech impairment, jerky movements, balance and coordination dysfunction, changes in gait, rigid posture...

Might make sense.

It's one of the most intersting parts of the body to eat, nutrient-wise. It's also far less tough and stringy than most parts. Most muscles in a human are far too tough to be nice to eat, and the brain is less "strong" of flavour than most other organs. Compare to chicken kidneys, liver and brain: the brain has by far the least "organ-y" taste.
Don't forget that the brain carries all that cholesterol and fat. Eat brains, but eat brains in moderation.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.