[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

So...One story's being written by Dylan and drawn by Scott, the other one's being written and drawn by someone else? Man, I wish I could delegate most of my work like that. Hopefully, it'll mean no late updates and a chance to build a buffer?

...Why are you guys throwing tomatoes at me?
The way that I read the note is that Dylan is writing both stories, just a different artist for the "B" comic. AKA, "I'm doing 1/3 of the work now and getting all the credit!!"

Because the pineapples aren't ripe enough to throw... yet.

So Kurtz is outsourcing again huh? Can't keep up with the semi-daily schedule with all the D&D sessions and Xbox action over at the Penny-Arcade offices eh?

Don't blame him. If I could get away with pretending I'm a big-shot nerd and play video games all day because I think I'm somehow indebted to do so, I totally would.

Something weird is going on. Kurtz is actually being a decent human being on his Twitter.

Must've been hacked.[DOUBLEPOST=1374441393][/DOUBLEPOST]Out of curiosity, I just skimmed through the past few strips. Why does that woman (the black chick) have a nose that belongs on a Muppet?

Must've been hacked.[DOUBLEPOST=1374441393][/DOUBLEPOST]Out of curiosity, I just skimmed through the past few strips. Why does that woman (the black chick) have a nose that belongs on a Muppet?

That's Kurtz's new style, ever since Mike Krahulik started fooling around with funky noses.

It also just looks damn creepy, like its some horrible Picasso monster.

I am liking the Mother Fontaine story "But I just saw you five years ago." That was funny.

Dave

Staff member
Too bad she's a copy of Lucille who is a copy of the mom from Archer who is a copy of the mom from Arrested Development.

GasBandit

Staff member
Too bad she's a copy of Lucille who is a copy of the mom from Archer who is a copy of the mom from Arrested Development.
Too convoluted, she's just a stock character trope - the 60ish suburban mom who drinks all the time and is sarcastic. Even Mallory Archer and Lucille were expressions of this already well-established trope.

Heck, that's what the first Silk Spectre turned into, in watchmen.

So Scott and Kris finally got their Namco project out. It's Mappy! ... and it kinda sucks. Mostly because Scott and Kris shouldn't be voicing this.

So Scott and Kris finally got their Namco project out. It's Mappy! ... and it kinda sucks. Mostly because Scott and Kris shouldn't be voicing this.

Wow. I mean, there's bad and then there's bad and then there's exceptionally atrocious. I couldn't even make it through the first minute of that piece of shit.

Dave

Staff member
Jesus fucking christ that's terrible. It's what you'd get if terrible and his sister horrible had a baby, but that baby was stillborn and they took their stillborn baby to a witch doctor, who animated the baby as a stillborn baby zombie that had flesh all sloughing off of it and smelling like rotten meat. This cartoon is the decomposing incestuous stillborn zombie baby of horrible and terrible.

Jesus fucking christ that's terrible. It's what you'd get if terrible and his sister horrible had a baby, but that baby was stillborn and they took their stillborn baby to a witch doctor, who animated the baby as a stillborn baby zombie that had flesh all sloughing off of it and smelling like rotten meat. This cartoon is the decomposing incestuous stillborn zombie baby of horrible and terrible.
Seriously, though? Over Ctrl-Alt-Del The Series? Even PVP The Series. Those were ... I mean... abysmal. Save some flavourful insults for the ones who earned it. This was just like a Blam taking itself to be a show and claiming credibility. Sure, it doesn't work, but it's not like... I don't know. Worthy of that vitriol.

Dave

Staff member
Seriously, though? Over Ctrl-Alt-Del The Series? Even PVP The Series. Those were ... I mean... abysmal. Save some flavourful insults for the ones who earned it. This was just like a Blam taking itself to be a show and claiming credibility. Sure, it doesn't work, but it's not like... I don't know. Worthy of that vitriol.

I honestly think this is worse than the other examples you gave. I'd even forgive it if it WERE a blam. But it isn't. It's nothing more than a shitty cartoon put out by a couple of guys who should know better than to put out crap at this level of terrible...ness.

I honestly think this is worse than the other examples you gave. I'd even forgive it if it WERE a blam. But it isn't. It's nothing more than a shitty cartoon put out by a couple of guys who should know better than to put out crap at this level of terrible...ness.

:ninja: ..................................................

I liked it

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I could tell there were jokes. They weren't funny. I couldn't tell if it was due to the poor delivery of the jokes, or that the jokes were simply stupid.

Its like nth degree last minute art student bad, the kind of thing they make fun of later when they make better films while the few hipster fans will claim it was their best work.

Zappit

Staff member
That was actually painful after awhile. Seriously, you get better comedy in the second half of a Saturday Night Live episode. It was just that bad.

Dave

Staff member
I don't see it.

(And this is the first Table Titans strip I've looked at since they first went into the bar to start playing.)