[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

I guess it's a problem I have when idiotic TV writers try and write "genius" characters - the worst by FAR being Temperance Brennan on Bones. Now, the character in the book is apparently a lot different, but watching an episodes of Bones she just comes off like a fucking Martian. And the ridiculous double-standard she has for religions: "Booth, you shouldn't denigrate the folk beliefs of this ancient group of Vietnamese mountain cannibals, believing that devouring the liver of their enemies gave them their strength was an important part of their culture. Now I'll give you passive aggressive bullshit about you being Roman-Catholic for five minutes because believing in God is stupid."
I like Bones, and she usually says something like "you shouldn't denigrate the folk beliefs of this ancient group of Vietnamese mountain cannibals because its no less stupid than believing in God."

Zappit

Staff member
Maybe we should just leave this with a simple statement of, " All television sucks." (Except The Venture Brothers)

GasBandit

Staff member
Kurtz took some time out of his busy day to do a let's play of the old D&D 4 player arcade game with Straub and the guys from PA.

Man, I never heard the PA guys before, I had no idea Mike (Gabe) had such a prominent speech impediment. But the dialog reminded me a whole lot of the Dead Ale Wives D&D sketch.

figmentPez

Staff member
His RSS hasn't updated for a week. I don't really notice unless you guys posted in here.
Are you using Feedly like I am? The actual RSS feed at http://www.pvponline.com/feed is up to date, but Feedly thinks it knows better than I do and won't actually let me tell it to follow a specific RSS feed, but only let's me follow what it thinks is PvP's feed. One more thing I hate about Feedly compared to Google Reader.

I bet Cole and Max's idea is do what they're already doing but online. Or double online if PVP is already an online publication like I think it is.

More inter-nets all up ins

I know he's spoofing Shark Tank, but it's funny that he's a got a PVPified version of Arlene Dickinson, from the Canadian Dragons' Den, who as far as I know, isn't on Shark Tank.

Kevin O'Leary, a mainstay (and complete dickbag) from Canadian Dragons' Den is the only one to be on Shark Tank (he's the hissing guy in the PVP comic).

North_Ranger

Staff member

Today's PVP.

So apparently we're going to follow two stories from now on: story A done by Scott, and story B done by an "artist in residence" - this month's being apparently about a cult of Cthulhu baristas.

Oh joy.

Today's PVP.

So apparently we're going to follow two stories from now on: story A done by Scott, and story B done by an "artist in residence" - this month's being apparently about a cult of Cthulhu baristas.

Oh joy.

Haven't been to the PVP site and haven't read the pages before or the accompanying blog post, but to me, that looked like an intro to some jokes about the announcement of the new Bond movie. What with the two olives in a martini glass and all. I guess it won't be that fun? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1373898082][/DOUBLEPOST]So...One story's being written by Dylan and drawn by Scott, the other one's being written and drawn by someone else? Man, I wish I could delegate most of my work like that. Hopefully, it'll mean no late updates and a chance to build a buffer?

...Why are you guys throwing tomatoes at me?

Zappit

Staff member
This is another way of saying he's going to take half the week off while running free work others do as favors and for exposure. This will not blow up in his face.

Oh, shit, running behind on Table Titans, and WoTC will have my ass! Uh...uh...new PVP feature!

GasBandit

Staff member
I've long suspected Kurtz got into cartooning because he thought he could support himself while barely doing any work.

I've long suspected Kurtz got into cartooning because he thought he could support himself while barely doing any work.
He used to work a lot harder than he has the last few years. Early PVP was pretty damn good. Unfortunately now he spends a lot of effort building up to insignificant payoffs. Like with this first semi-aborted storyline, I saw it and said, "Oh, someone must have introduced him to Dragons' Den," just like a couple years ago it was "Well, guess he started watching Game of Thrones" and "Guess he's been watching Parks & Recreation and literally decided to build off the least worthwhile part of it."And he'll make one good joke, three meh jokes, and a few more "Okay, enough already" references, then finish with a dreadful pun.

And then on to something else.