[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

I think it's a nice touch that they name Gabe, Tycho, and Kurtz on the strip itself, but fail to mention the artist that draws the strip.

They've Jim Davis'd the strip.
Yeah that's awful. I'm sure they are paying her a lot of money for the high quality work though :rolleyes:

figmentPez

Staff member
I know this is going to get a round of, "you still read that?" but that newest Trenches (I still go for the stories posted under the comic) may be the newest singular worst comic strip ever created.
I had to read it twice just to figure out what it meant. Still wasn't funny. It feels incredibly forced, the characters don't seem to be acting like... well, anything really. They're not acting like people, they're not acting like caricatures, they're not even acting like props in a gag. They're almost disconnected from their own dialogue.

I know this is going to get a round of, "you still read that?" but that newest Trenches (I still go for the stories posted under the comic) may be the newest singular worst comic strip ever created.
Everyone involved in the creation of that strip deserves a half dozen punches to the face. :mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1363179941][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yep. And since the artist adds no creative value to the product, being a work for hire, they shouldn't be given any credit on the product itself, just some byline elsewhere.

Jack Kirby would be proud.
You have to assume that there is a product that has creative value.

This is not such a product.

Trenches is just kind of happening. I don't even know anymore.

As for Table Titans, excuse my D&D ignorance as I haven't played in a long time, but are there any good-aligned Clerics that can use 1h slash? I had thought most outside of worshippers of war/disease/etc were restriced to 1h blunt.

As for Table Titans, excuse my D&D ignorance as I haven't played in a long time, but are there any good-aligned Clerics that can use 1h slash? I had thought most outside of worshippers of war/disease/etc were restriced to 1h blunt.

I also didn't know that a lute was a super dangerous weapon. Yeah, we get it. Val is mad she's playing s a bard but look she can still fight like her dwarf warrior! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

They can take a feat that allows them to use other weapons. Also, some races (like elves and dwarves) get additional weapon proficiency in weapons they'd have been exposed to culturally. So elves get bows and long swords, while dwarves get battle axes and dwarven racial weapons like the Urgosh.

They can take a feat that allows them to use other weapons. Also, some races (like elves and dwarves) get additional weapon proficiency in weapons they'd have been exposed to culturally. So elves get bows and long swords, while dwarves get battle axes and dwarven racial weapons like the Urgosh.
Ah, that makes sense. Forgot about those weapon feats.

North_Ranger

Staff member
In Pathfinder, clerics are automatically proficient with their god's weapon. Which seems reasonable, considering:

"Oh yes, I've dedicated my entire life to the faith of god X. I know his dogma, his magic, his vision of the wo... wait, what are you doing? Where'd you get that broadsword? What? No, I can't use it. No, really. Yes, I know that the 60ft. statue in front of the temple is holding a sword aloft, but I can't use it. We spend all our martial training learning how to fight with sticks and maces. What? Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face?"

In Pathfinder, clerics are automatically proficient with their god's weapon. Which seems reasonable, considering:

"Oh yes, I've dedicated my entire life to the faith of god X. I know his dogma, his magic, his vision of the wo... wait, what are you doing? Where'd you get that broadsword? What? No, I can't use it. No, really. Yes, I know that the 60ft. statue in front of the temple is holding a sword aloft, but I can't use it. We spend all our martial training learning how to fight with sticks and maces. What? Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face?"
I think generally this was true in D&D as well. I remember playing a Cleric and specifically choosing the deity that allowed me to use swords/greatswords. I think it was the god of war or something.

Dave

Staff member
Nah, just a triple post. Since you said senile I was doing the same joke again. But I'm still opening a fucking ticket.

GasBandit

Staff member
Nah, just a triple post. Since you said senile I was doing the same joke again. But I'm still opening a fucking ticket.
Actually, the post I quoted was after the first reply I made, so it was, in fact, a quadruple post.

(Sincerely, the most pedantic of pedants, I know, I know.)

That middle panel with Brent throwing the water is... I just don't know. It looks like he draw the bucket, the water, the witch, and Brent all on different canvases, then pasted them all together.

That middle panel with Brent throwing the water is... I just don't know. It looks like he draw the bucket, the water, the witch, and Brent all on different canvases, then pasted them all together.
There's no weight to anything. Brent doesn't look like he's moving and there's no sense of urgency on his face. The witch is screaming but I only know that because of the third panel, as her face doesn't show that at all in the second panel. It's just bad art.

I know he hasn't done it in a while (or so I think) but this is how you do that silhouette thing that Kurtz is so fond of. Well, it isn't exactly the same thing, but this actually looks good.

Also, you should be reading Matt Fraction and David Aja's current run of Hawkeye, it's the best comic going right from Marvel or DC.

So he'll post his excuse for missing *this* Friday tomorrow, I'd guess?

Also, panel two is a great example of "Dull Surprise" - that witch isn't frightened, or enraged, or disgusted, or shocked, she's got *dull surprise*