[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

figmentPez

Staff member
Also, panel two is a great example of "Dull Surprise" - that witch isn't frightened, or enraged, or disgusted, or shocked, she's got *dull surprise*
It's not just the witch, though she's certainly the worst example. Skull isn't emoting very well, either. His body is just a big lump, and his ears aren't doing diddly to reflect his emotion, and his arms are just hanging there.

It's not bad. It's not watered down with the drama and failed storylines about taking Skull to witch doctors cause he's suddenly Troll retarded.

Yeah nah, I'm done PvP. Four days. You need four days to recover from a con? Really? That's beyond lazy. Questionable Content updates every day without fail unless he's literally dying. I think he even gave some form of update after stabbing his hand. Kurtz has the most pathetic work ethic I've ever seen.

Is it bad that my favorite character so far may actually be the leader of the opposing gaming group, the one who one the Winotaur the previous year? She's the most likable so far...

Questionable Content updates every day without fail unless he's literally dying. I think he even gave some form of update after stabbing his hand.
I actually look forward to conventions, because that's when Jeph is too tired and the hilarious yelling bird fillers come up!

Yeah nah, I'm done PvP. Four days. You need four days to recover from a con? Really? That's beyond lazy. Questionable Content updates every day without fail unless he's literally dying. I think he even gave some form of update after stabbing his hand. Kurtz has the most pathetic work ethic I've ever seen.
Yeah this. You know your con schedule. How about you build up a buffer once in a while?

Yeah, I don't get how he can claim that webcomic artists are the same as newspaper comic ones while he has proven time and time again that he can't be a professional like they are.

According to the discussion in here, he moved into a joint studio with the Gabe and Tycho when he arrived in Seattle. And almost as quickly left.

He didn't leave.

They brought on him, Straub, Levin Sadsad and Jamie something within a relatively short time, so they rented out another set of offices across the hall. There's a PATV episode about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1364620539][/DOUBLEPOST]You guys are such sensationalists.

He didn't leave.

They brought on him, Straub, Levin Sadsad and Jamie something within a relatively short time, so they rented out another set of offices across the hall. There's a PATV episode about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1364620539][/DOUBLEPOST]You guys are such sensationalists.

If you love Kurtz so much, why don't you just marry him? :awesome:

Is it true that Kurtz left his wife to marry this guy Gusto?

It was probably something something...khoo...something...hack...something... TASTEMAKER.

Don't quite get his point in his blog post.

"lexxy held her ground stubbornly and argued, making everyone around her feel completely uncomfortable. She made herself a real target. Who else do you know that does that? *clears throat and points at self*"

*eyeroll*

Acting like a dipshit is a little different than actively engaging your audience.[DOUBLEPOST=1364838196][/DOUBLEPOST]And watching the episode, she's the only one that actively engaged the audience to begin with - and of course Scott took that as a sign of weakness.

Like asking Mao tips on how to win elections.

Thing is, even if it took him 4 days to recover from the con, that's Monday - Thursday. How about making comics on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afterwards, so you're ready to jump into the next week?

Nope, wait till Monday afternoon to start Monday's comic. You're a pro, Steve, you're a pro.

Reading the new Trenches and its a lot better than the first arc. Though one problem I have is when Coral says the upper floor is "a human zoo" when all we see is a guy who thinks he's a bat, and a lady with a bad back. That is hardly a zoo, thats someone keeping a bat and having someone with a bad back working at a desk.

Reading the new Trenches and its a lot better than the first arc. Though one problem I have is when Coral says the upper floor is "a human zoo" when all we see is a guy who thinks he's a bat, and a lady with a bad back. That is hardly a zoo, thats someone keeping a bat and having someone with a bad back working at a desk.
The stand up work station was the "understandable" modification before the punchline of the man bat. It's joking at the likes of ion storm that would spend huge amounts of money on unorthodox offices to help the "creative" team that was almost a sure sign that the studio was going to crash and burn.

John Romero spent a fortune on marble floored offices and only made Daikatana.

Zappit

Staff member
So he takes a vacation and returns with a strip that has some pretty clear cut-paste in two-thirds of the panels.

Keep on making those tastes, Scott.

Holy hell he can't even finish a storyline in tabletitans.
Assuming that the group was playing for 2-4 hours or so I'd say they progressed the story about as much as my group does in a single session.[DOUBLEPOST=1364954721][/DOUBLEPOST]I imagine the story of this particular scenario will be told in three acts.

No, I get that. I realize the session was over, & I don't really expect them to start the new session right away. However, the dialogue seems to indicate the characters are at least thinking about abandoning the current campaign. I dunno, might be a head fake, but seems kind of pointless to put so much effort into the campaign strips we've seen so far to just use them as exposition for another adventure.

No, I get that. I realize the session was over, & I don't really expect them to start the new session right away. However, the dialogue seems to indicate the characters are at least thinking about abandoning the current campaign. I dunno, might be a head fake, but seems kind of pointless to put so much effort into the campaign strips we've seen so far to just use them as exposition for another adventure.
I agree. I suspect that they won't quite be ready to start their own thing just yet, most likely because they need another player or they don't know how to contact Darby or something, and so they'll go back to Encounters for another session, reluctantly. Titans never say die, etc.

In the following session, they'll actually start working together as a more cohesive unit and find something about their new classes that they actually enjoy. By the end they'll actually be pretty excited about everything, perform well, and maybe even win the Winotaur, and THEN they'll start playing their new campaign, making this Encounters playtest a character-building prologue of sorts.

Like I said a few months back, everyone seems ready to assume that Table Titans is gonna be garbage for whatever reason, but I've been enjoying it so far and I can see it getting pretty damn good.

I dunno, this sounds exactly like how most of my tabletop groups go, so far. I'm actually liking Table Titans.

As a minor rant/aside, I am currently ONCE AGAIN having to deal with a party member who thinks "homicidal maniac" is a compelling and useful character archetype. In a campaign of urban underbellies and political intrigue.

I would really like this campaign if it wasn't for most of the other PCs.