not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

Man I own the minor rant thread.

Last night we grilled our dinner and later decided to have marshmallows. We roasted the mallows on the same metal skewers we cook on. The marshmallows were those giant campfire ones and as I was taking a bite my lip came in contact with the metal skewer. Holy shit! I have never heard my skin sizzle before! This morning it is all swollen and goofy looking. Ah well. I am actually glad I am not feeling well and am staying home from work. Otherwise I'd be embarrassed all day.

My two year old decided to break a glass cup in the upstairs bathroom and cut his thumb on it. Went to the ER yesterday, they were going back and forth between stitches and glue, but ultimately decided glue because the lidocaine they would normally use to numb it is not recommended for such tiny fingers, or somesuch.

And today he managed to rip off the glue and the wound has reopened.

Hmph.

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't like feeling lonely when I'm not actually alone. Mreungh. Time to go to sleep with some pleasant music on and forget this evening.

SORRY, BUT JUST BECAUSE I'M LATIN, IT DOESN'T MEAN I'M NOT A LIZARD MAN!

I'm so sick of these stereotypes!
Added at: 18:58
Wait, 103 farenheit is 40 celsius? You and your weird systems, ruining my jokes... :mad:

Silly English grammar nazis. You'd think they would understand the rules before reinforcing their stupidity on others.

In a program being written for us, it prompts the user with:

"Whom is the direct contact for this application?"

I piped up and said 'I believe that is incorrect. It should be 'who is', only because it's the subject of the verb in the question.' Only to be corrected by 4 other people in the room.

I leave it up to the English-speaking Halforumites to get it right.

M

makare

I hate that! I also hate people who have gotten the Name and I thing so engrained in their heads that they think it is always right. Gah.

Silly English grammar nazis. You'd think they would understand the rules before reinforcing their stupidity on others.

I piped up and said 'I believe that is incorrect. It should be 'who is', only because it's the subject of the verb in the question.' Only to be corrected by 4 other people in the room.

You're absolutely right. I'm not a grammar nazi, but... I do read books on grammar for fun. I'm a grammar... enthusiast. ...I'm a geek. I... I'm a geek. A grammar geek.

I remember the English Department at my University nearly had a knock-down-drag-out over a perceived wrong use of "whom" on a flier in their break room.

English major says: You are correct.

M

makare

My lip is actually worse now than it was the other day when it happened. I don't know what is wrong.

I talked to human resources today and found out that there is a pension plan where your employer matched your contributions, and you can collect it all when you leave, providing you work there for at least 2 years. I've been here for 2.5 years and just heard about this plan a week ago, so it's too late to join in. When my three years is over, I would have walked away with an extra month of salary, US tax free.

I'm about to go crazy. My allergies are off the wall because of these two remaining cats. Last night was the worst. My nose was completely stuffed, and i started having difficulty breathing. This morning i noticed i had a bit of a cough. i managed to give three cats away but I cant find any for these last two. sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.