[NFL] NFL Thread

Zappit

Staff member
At this point, people have GOT to stop whining the refs help the Pats. There was none of that tonight, and that first disputed Philly TD really didn't look like a legit TD. Like at all. No control until a foot goes out of bounds? Sure. TD!

I'm honestly not that bitter about this game. I've seen my team and my QB win five. I can't expect to win it every time. I did get a little miffed at all the fans pre-whining about how the refs would help the Pats. I mean, come on.

I'm waiting for the reports of mass destruction. :popcorn:

'cause in the end, it's still Philly. :p
I can't remember if it was my junior or senior year if college, but I remember we (as in Philly) made the national news because someone decided to have a Mardi Gras party on South Street and it turned into riots.

Philly: Why We Can't Have Nice Things. Ever.

Let's watch the carnage together! I've already seen at least 1 fire.

All four years I lived in Philly, my dorm and two apartments were right off of Broad Street, and our school buildings were on Broad. After watching this, I seriously think if this had happened when I was there, I don't know if I'd be able to leave my building. On the other hand, if it was senior year, I'd most likely be in the studio over-night, so I'd have had a great view! (We were on the 15th floor at Broad and Walnut.)

Dave

Staff member
So Giselle was talking to her kids, who were sad because the Pats lost. She REPORTEDLY told them, "Daddy has won it five times. The Eagles haven't won it before. Sometimes you have to let someone else win."

Fuck you, bitch. You didn't LET anyone do shit.

So Giselle was talking to her kids, who were sad because the Pats lost. She REPORTEDLY told them, "Daddy has won it five times. The Eagles haven't won it before. Sometimes you have to let someone else win."

Fuck you, bitch. You didn't LET anyone do shit.
Dude, Dave. You're really so sure that someone quoted her exactly right?

You're really gonna swear and insult her for what was almost certainly a reasonable comment reminding her kids that good sportsmanship is a thing.

Dave

Staff member
https://sports.yahoo.com/gisele-bundchens-advice-children-super-bowl-loss-share-144745019.html

Sportsmanship is one thing, this is another. A better teaching moment would be sometimes you lose! Being a good sport doesn't mean you let people win, but being gracious losers when you do get beat. This was passive aggressive bullshit and I stand by my statement.[DOUBLEPOST=1517943885,1517943665][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, her Instagram post was much, MUCH better:

Congratulations Eagles for winning the Super bowl, what a game that was! Congratulations Patriots for giving your best and to my love, we are incredibly proud of you because we are able to see every day all the commitment, sacrifice and hard work that you have devoted to become the best in what you do. We love you! ❤
So on Instagram she's gracious, but to teach her kids they "let" the other team win to share. What bullshit.

but to teach her kids they "let" the other team win to share. What bullshit.
I still think you'll feel like an ass if you ever learn what she said exactly and in context.

Not that I know, either, but she was apparently talking specifically to her crying 5 year old when she said what was quoted.

Dave

Staff member
I still think you'll feel like an ass if you ever learn what she said exactly and in context.

Not that I know, either, but she was apparently talking specifically to her crying 5 year old when she said what was quoted.
I linked to what she said by people who heard it. And I also confirmed it on a bunch of different sports news sites (although they probably all used the same sources). So I'm confident that was her wording. Again, you teach kids that it's okay to lose, not that it's okay to let others win.

Dave

Staff member
And yet for the past two weeks I kept hearing how this was a terrible matchup. Like the worst possible ever.

Huh.
We were certainly afraid that was the case. I mean, a backup QB against the Pats? No way. Just hope they keep the game close.

GasBandit

Staff member
And yet for the past two weeks I kept hearing how this was a terrible matchup. Like the worst possible ever.

Huh.
That's part of the reason why it was so perfect, as the article stated. The Eagles have historically been losers, and their first string quarterback was out for the season. Nobody expected Foles to be so goddamned awesome.