[NFL] NFL Thread

I was so pumped to see New Orleans taking the win... AND THEN THAT HAPPENED ON THE LAST FUCKING SECOND OF THE GAME.

All I can say is that Loki fucked with William's perception, causing him to miss the tackle.
The other argument was it was Prince's ghost...

I liked what the St. Paul Pioneer Press had as its headline: "LET'S SKOL CRAZY".

But yeah. The picture says it all for Saints fans.

Man, my youngest brother is the most die hard football fan I've ever met. He's been a Steelers fan since he was a teenager and he's worn his James Harrison jersey for every game they've played for at least 10 years. He's been nearly inconsolable since Harrison signed with the Patriots. He didn't even watch the Steelers lose on Sunday. I've never heard of him not watch a Steelers game ever. I don't think he was this downtrodden when our grandfather died a couple of years ago.

Man, it's only a game, why you haf to be mad?

Man, my youngest brother is the most die hard football fan I've ever met. He's been a Steelers fan since he was a teenager and he's worn his James Harrison jersey for every game they've played for at least 10 years. He's been nearly inconsolable since Harrison signed with the Patriots. He didn't even watch the Steelers lose on Sunday. I've never heard of him not watch a Steelers game ever. I don't think he was this downtrodden when our grandfather died a couple of years ago.

Man, it's only a game, why you haf to be mad?
One of the many improvements I've made to my mental health and overall well-being over the last couple of years is realize exactly this - it's only a game. It's not even a game I play. It's a game I watch on TV when it's convenient if the game is enjoyable. I get nothing out of it aside from entertainment - regardless of which team wins and which loses. I still favor the Seahawks, in general. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a perennial fan of the underdog - whomever they are. This football season was actually a lot more enjoyable than any in recent memory, even though the hawks managed to limp their way out of the playoffs.

Heh heh heh heh hehhhhh.... :D
Can't really disagree. This team mostly lost me when Pouncey pulled the "Free Hernandez" stunt. AFAIK, he still hasn't apologized for that. That was the day I tossed my Terrible Towel into a basket of disused laundry where it has remained ever since.

Dave

Staff member
I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan. Have been since I was 7 years old. I've toured the stadium. I have a man-cave dedicated to the team. If they lose...meh. Life goes on. Yeah, it sucks. But what can I do about it? Not a damned thing. So why let it bother me? Same with the Iowa Hawkeyes. Love the team, but when they do poorly, it matters not one whit to me.

Cheer for the laundry, not the players.

There are some players who played for the Packers who... well, there was a running joke that there was a Packers wing at Green Bay Correctional at one point. I'm still a Packers fan.

Though right now, I get to root for my secondary team without issues. Except for the fact the team is 0-1 in AFC Championships...

I'd just like anyone but the Pats to go to the Superbowl. If Jags beating Steelers means they get a shot to take them out, more power to em'.

There is that little thing about what having the Vikings back in the Super Bowl would mean...

Remember that Tom Clancy novel?

There is that little thing about what having the Vikings back in the Super Bowl would mean...

Remember that Tom Clancy novel?
In "Sum of All Fears", Arab, East German, and Native American terrorists work together to put a nuclear bomb at The Superb Owl as part of a planned deathblow to both the USA and the USSR.

It wasn't until I was typing "the Superb Owl" into google that I realized what @Null meant.

I was thinking, "what, is that a nickname for their stadium? And why would terrorists bother with Minneapolis?"

Jacksonville should have won that game. But, like Atlanta, they forgot how to manage the clock with a lead. They had so many failed passes in the last quarter.

Zappit

Staff member
Oh, man. I haven't had much to get excited about so far this year. (My 2018 has been pretty frickin stressful.) But, man, that game was sweet.

Dave

Staff member
Jacksonville should have won that game. But, like Atlanta, they forgot how to manage the clock with a lead. They had so many failed passes in the last quarter.
Too bad they were given a free 7 points in the first half that made all the difference. Refs love the Pats.

Zappit

Staff member
Too bad they were given a free 7 points in the first half that made all the difference. Refs love the Pats.
Eh, what about that long pass where the Jacksonville defender all but held Cooks' hand? No interference call on that. They call what they see.

Sigh...It's always something when the Pats win...