[NFL] NFL Thread

(Sorry, @Gruebeard . One more.)
I saw this comment on an article about the Super Bowl ads today:

"I can’t prove that Eli’s sudden appearance on the jumbotron dirty dancing with OBJ was what threw off Brady in the 4th. But I know it in my heart to be true. Eli 3. Brady 0."

Dave

Staff member
That's cool. I'm trying to be a gracious loser.

. . . I'm afraid Dave will call me a bitch.
You're only a bitch if you're condescending and try and say that you didn't get beat, you let the other team win. Everyone in the NFL loses. Everyone in life loses. You have to learn how to take it.

I still say it's karma.

Have the fires stopped in Philly yet? I think they may want to have a parade or something.

Johnathan Manziel is making his CFL debut tonight a failing to make the Hamilton line up and getting traded to Montreal and riding the bench for a week.

B

BErt

“No, Kaepernick’s not blacklisted, he’s just not good enough to play anymore!” :pud:

“No, Kaepernick’s not blacklisted, he’s just not good enough to play anymore!” :pud:
Can't help but wonder if that has something to do with what Kaep's and Reid's lawyer was alluding to when he said there was something massive coming, but he's been under a protective gag order.

I'm sorry, but the guy carries tons of garbage with him from his actions and statements. You have a freedom of speech, but it's not a freedom of consequences either.

I'm sorry, but the guy carries tons of garbage with him from his actions and statements. You have a freedom of speech, but it's not a freedom of consequences either.
Yet guys who make the police blotter more than the sports pages are still in the league.

Dave

Staff member
Ray Lewis straight up murdered a guy and he's not only in the hall of fame, but he's the face of the NFL, has a full time gig as a commentator, and has a statue of him in Baltimore. Stop with the bullshit. This is only because he protested.

Ray Lewis straight up murdered a guy and he's not only in the hall of fame, but he's the face of the NFL, has a full time gig as a commentator, and has a statue of him in Baltimore. Stop with the bullshit. This is only because he protested.
The Pouncey brothers never apologized for their "Free Hernandez" stunt. Fuck those guys. Kapernick is a better man than the two of them combined.

Richie Incognito still maintains that he was the victim in the bullying that went on in Miami, regardless of the reports of him donning a rising sun headband and making racist jokes in front of the Asian-American athletic trainer. Dude kneels during the anthem to protest police brutality in the black community and this is the treatment he deserves for exercising his free speech? Are you sure about that?

Not bullshit, I though Lewis should have been in jail. Sorry that the owners of the Ravens had now morals and just wanted to earn money.

Except kneel and be just bad enough to justify SF not keeping him on the roster.
I really want to emphasize that he’s not that good. He’s got a cannon for an arm, but his accuracy is complete dog shit. He ran the option well, but teams learned to put a linebacker on him and hit him whenever they could to rattle him. He was barely good enough to be a backup QB in the NFL, but he had an ego that demanded big contracts.

If he was better or wanted less money it would have helped his cause. He would probably be on a team, especially if he was actually good.

If he was better or wanted less money it would have helped his cause. He would probably be on a team, especially if he was actually good.
No team even offered him a minimum contract so its hard to say that. He was a starting caliber QB in 2016. Not the best obviously, but far from the worst. For instance, my team has three QBs at the moment that are all worse than him.

He was a starting caliber QB in 2016.
No, he really wasn’t. Other teams may think he was because they were having QB problems, but he was a fucking mirage. That asshole couldn’t hit someone wide open 10 yards downfield. Trust me, as a lifelong 49ers fan, he was never that good.

We discovered something annoying last night, which will hopefully continue to be only a minor annoyance. We could get the Hawks - Raiders game on a local station, but not in HD. Not because we're outside of the Seahawks' market, but because we're outside of the Raiders', and we're closer LA than we are to Seattle, so that's whose markets matter most to our provider.